All reviewsruby tuesdaysswim teamwounded warriorlehigh valleybistro stafflafayette collegethe hotel is conveniently locatedshort staystarbucks coffeecrayola experiencebusiness travelerwedding weekendhotel staygreat ratea great staydutch springsoff the highway
Reviewed February 21, 2009

My daughter and I stumbled into the Courtyard on a freezing night in January, after a horrific 8 hours in the car. We had come to Easton from Maine for my uncle's funeral. We were going to crash on the floor of a relative, but when we finally rolled into town I was very happy to see a big, bright, inviting hotel. I decided to stop and ask for a room.

The girl at the front desk was extremely pleasant, and quickly set us up in a standard room with a king bed. I think I paid $139 for a night. Not too bad, I guess. It beat an air mattress on a rec room floor by a long shot, that's for sure. The room was quite small, but had enough room for the bed, an armoire, big desk, coffee table, fridge/bar, and even a small sofa that folded out to a twin size bed. We slept VERY well. Bed was quite comfortable. My daughter's stuffed animals slept well also.

Giant mirror, nice size bathroom, but no closet anywhere. The armoire barely held the few things I had on hangers (funeral attire, dress coats). Someone staying longer would be frustrated with the lack of clothing storage space. Saw a little dust around but all in all was quite clean. A few scuff marks on the furniture here and there. Very stylish decor.

We didn't get to swim, but checked out the fitness/indoor pool area. Pool is TINY but clean. Plenty of towels. Hot tub was inviting. Fitness room was small, but the 1 person using it seemed happy. Had a TV to watch while working out.

Everything still looks sparkling brand new. Lobby, breakfast, seating area was very nice. A VERY stylish, tony-looking bar & lounge a with huge, inviting fire place and several large, comfy sofas...a nice place to have a drink with a friend, really. I would have liked to have done just that but it wasn't that kind of trip. It's a shame no one was there all night. We had to go out and back in again several times, and always the place was dead. The bartender gave up and sat down to watch TV.

Lots of yummy stuff for breakfast.. A smiling, jovial chef will make any kind of omelet you want. Waitress was SO nice. It's nice to wake up to pleasant service. If you're having just cereal it's a dollar or two, but for my daughter to have a waffle (you make it yourself in the iron) it was like $15! Oh well. They had a LOT to choose from - even the pickiest eater should go away full.

I liked the location because it was very close to my aunt's house, and right across the street from the entrance to 78 East & West. There is a shopping area next door with a Pier 1, a Lowe's, Best Buy (or was it Circuit City?), I think a Barnes & Noble, and 1 or 2 chain restaurants (sorry I don't remember which ones). Kind of strange though, because all this is right smack in the middle of a cornfield! After you exit the shopping complex, there is literally NOTHING around. I had to ask where I could find a gas station.

All in all I was happy and yes, I would stay there again. A nice clean, safe, comfortable hotel with a pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyFarkus
HotelManagerMJ, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2009

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I'm sorry you came to Easton for a dispirited family gathering, but sincerely hope you will return soon for a more joyous occasion that gives you time to enjoy the pool and gather some friends and family to keep our bartenders busy.

With Hospitality,
Denise Maiatico

Reviewed January 3, 2009

Stayed here just for one night before Election day. It was moderately comfortable. The walls were thin, and the price was a little steep, but it was fine. If you are staying longer, go to the Residence Inn. The beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This is one of the nicest Courtyards I've been to. I was told it was built 2004 timeframe. The rooms have been upgraded with flat screen TVs, refrigerator and nice decor. That's the good part.

The not so good...for $60 more than the other courtyard in the area, 1) I don't get a newspaper delivered to the room (
2) There are only 2 full-service restaurants (TGIFriday's and Texas Roadhouse) plus a panera bread.

So...decided to move to the Bethlehem/Allentown Courtyard. Not as a modern but appreciate the better rate and location.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 15, 2008

The hotel was clean and well located. Having a pull-out couch was convenient as we were travelling with our children. However, we also needed a crib, and the room was a little tight when the pull-out and the pack n' play were both open. But would be plenty of space for up to 3. Pool was nice but small. The front desk was especially friendly and were willing to freeze our ice-packs since the in-room refridgerator did not have a freezer. Overall great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Hotel was spotless...Room was very clean & comfortable. Quiet location with several casual restaurants nearby. Desk staff helpful with directions.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple