“Clean and comfortable, nice staff”

Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice location. Hotel is 5 years old, but still looks new. Very comfortable foam mattresses. We had 3 parties, in 3 rooms, on 2 credit cards, arriving at different times, and the staff kept it all straight! Close to restaurants. We recommend Williams Restaurant in Easton. Note: Breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank abw50
CourtyardBethlehem, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments - We are blessed to be surrounded by great restaurants. I'm glad you were able to seek out some unique local favorites and experience them during your time in Bethlehem. We hope you will visit with us again soon.
Denise Maiatico Area Manager

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Although i just stayed here for one night with family, but we are enjoyed it and highly recommend it to others. The room is nice and the beds are comfortable and clean. The stuffs are friendly, and helpful. They provided us first hand information about the local area. The hotel location was good, close to I-78, and a shopping center is next to it. You always can do shopping there, or enjoy a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse, or at Panera Bread for a nice lunch/brunch. If you are plan to go to Dorney Park, you may have to drive about 20 minutes from the hotel. However, Our overall experience is excellent. We enjoyed it and will return here for the next visit in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mieah C
CourtyardBethlehem, General Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments - Summer family road trips are one of the best things about July and August. I'm glad that you chose our hotel as part of your vacation itinerary.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon.
Happy Travels.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Even the very ample parking lots looked clean and new. There is an attractive lobby area with reservation desk people who are both attentive and knowledgably. It has a great location, with Interstate 78 close by, which is great for East & West travel and I-87 a short distance away for North & South destinations. Pillows and mattresses are comfy and new. There are some satisfactory restaurants in the vicinity, like Ruby Tuesday, and I like Panera for breakfast.
One serious complaint, I found black mold on my shower curtain, and I think that is inexcusable. Tell the household staff to get some Lysol or Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover Spray to clean tubs, showers, and shower curtains. Yes, this made me angry and I did complain to the front desk at checkout. Except for the shower curtain, everything was first quality and a good value overall

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hanschen

I sincerely apologize for the condition of your shower curtain, you are right - this should have been immediately addressed and replaced. I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit with us again soon.
Enjoy your Summer travels.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed numerous times at this hotel when visiting our son who is a student at Lehigh University. It is a little outside of Bethlehem, but certainly close enough and a bit welcome to be outside the city. It is a newer and clean hotel, with friendly and very helpful staff. I'm always picky about the bathrooms, and the rooms here have updated, very clean baths with nice amenities. The beds are very comfy and again, clean. Altogether a good value and we are staying there again--booked for graduation 2013!! The rates are fine--I guess it depends on how you book; we go directly through the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackie N

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that we have been able to host your visits during your son's time at Lehigh University. Congratulations on his pending graduation - you must be very proud!
Enjoy your Summer.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A good location right off the highway, near restaurants and across from St. Luke's University Hospital as well near shopping malls. Quiet, clean and very tastefully decorated, as a visitor to the area, I felt secure staying there. Bed and pillows were good - and I'm very picky on that. Close to many small towns with other hotels but I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank p3navy
CourtyardBethlehem, Manager at Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future ...
Have a wonderful Summer full of fun travels and great memories.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very consistent Courtyard Marriott, with updated, new lobby and spacious rooms. Stayed here for two nights for a wedding in April 2013.

PROS:
- Updated, clean lobby, and spacious rooms
- Ample parking
- Easy to find off highway
- Some sit down restaurants in walking distance
- Friendly staff

CONS:
- No gas stations or fast food nearby (min. 10 minute drive)

Overall: A consistent Courtyard Marriott experience with some places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCTraveler2786

Thank you for sharing your lists of positives about our hotel - there is a gas station and convenience store about 2.5 miles from our entrance - I apologize that we did not provide directions for you to this facility. I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and that you will find a good reason to return and enjoy Summer in our beautiful Lehigh Valley.
Thank you again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The beds at the Bethlehem were very comfortable, the hotel and room were very clean, and the staff was helpful. The lobby area is very attractive with a large, see through fireplace, many seating areas, a bar (which was unmanned and empty), and a computer/printer area. Since breakfast was a little pricey, we brought our cooler in and ate on the private side of the fireplace.

Room Tip: Get a Marriott rewards card! This room was only $50 because I was able to purchase points.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LivingTheDream108

Thank you for sharing your comments, I like your option of creating your own fireside breakfast and am glad that area worked for you.
We do hope your travels bring you back through the Lehigh Valley.
Enjoy your Summer !