All reviewsruby tuesdaysswim teamwounded warriorlehigh valleybistro stafflafayette collegethe hotel is conveniently locatedstarbucks coffeeshort staycrayola experiencebusiness travelerhotel staygreat ratedutch springsa great stayparking lotguest rooms
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Just stayed at the Courtyard and the staff could not have been more accomodating. A family member had surgery nearby and our reservation was constently changing. Front desk supervisor helped make a difficult time manageable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I was originally going to rate the Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley a 4 (or 4.5, if that had been an option) but after realizing that it qualified for 5s under most of the sub-categories, I felt it only right to give it a 5 rating. I do not have a bad thing to say about my stay.
I booked this trip last minute due to a death in the family. Because it was a weekend stay, the rate was satisfactory at $119 for the night. I would likely have balked at some of the mid-week rates, but that was not an issue during this stay.
Upon arrival, I was promptly and pleasantly greeted. I arrived several hours prior to the check-in time, but was permitted to check-in immediately. After spending several hours in the car, it was a good opportunity for my young daughter to blow off some steam at the pool before meeting up with other family members. (More about the pool below.)
Each of my special requests was granted - extra towels, upper floor room, etc.
The room was nicely laid out , very clean, and had a comfortable feel. There was plenty of closet space. There was a mini-refrigerator, which is a must when traveling with my daughter, and a coffee maker in the room. Free WiFi is included.
The hotel is situated adjacent to a Ruby Tuesday's and near a shopping center with several restaurants, including Panera, Texas Roadhouse, TGIFriday's, and retail stores.
The hotel offers breakfast each morning (not included in my room rate), where there is a choice of a buffet or a la carte dining. The buffet was reasonably priced at $10.95 for adults and $7.95 for children. There were make-your-own waffles, omelets made to order (including egg whites), breakfast meats, home fried potatoes, pancakes, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, etc. Nice spread and we enjoyed the breakfast very much.
Although there is a pool, and also a hot tub, the pool is very small and not suitable for laps. It is fine for children to splash around, but not much more.
There is also a fitness center that I did not have the opportunity to use, but it looked clean and had equipment similar to other hotel fitness centers.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again, for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 04sox
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Hotel is cheap and kept in good condition. Approximately 10 minutes from the casino and the hotel offers shuttle service up until 9pm.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2011

This hotel was absolutely perfect for our family. We had myself, my husband and our 3 sons ages 7, 9, & 13 stay for one night. The staff (front desk & waitress) were wonderful and very helpful. We did a package which included 2 lift tickets 7 breakfast for 2 adults. What a great deal! My 2 younger sons loved the pool and hot tub. We will definitely stay here again. Lots of restaurants nearby, call ahead if it is a weekend ;-)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed here on a road trip with family. Location was slightly off the beaten path: Bethlehem was 10 mins drive away, Allentown a little further. Hotel is quiet, with little noise from other rooms and no road noise (in spite of several freeway on ramps nearby). The hotel, rooms and pool are all in top notch condition and spotlessly clean. The pool is, however, very small-4 people fill it easily. Staff were attentive, professional and helpful, from management to housekeeping. All requests were efficiently and speedily handled. Internet access was fast and reliable. High traffic times were as well and graciously handled by the staff as slower times, with no evidence of disgruntled customers or undue delays.
I was surprised at how hip the room was: zen photos on the walls, tasteful color scheme of earthy red and mustard with a gentle, nature-themed decor, and polished smooth wood furniture. It really made us kick off our shoes and flop happily on the bed with a collective "Aahhh!" of relief.
The toiletries were so yummy sounding, it took me a moment to decide whether to eat them or use them in the shower (amaranth...quinoa...oatmeal). I can testify that they all performed splendidly in the shower. Hot water was plentiful.
The bed was pretty comfy. The sleeper sofa-not so much. I would recommend geting an extra bed or room rather than making that extra person sleep there.
My only complaints (and these are minor) is that the fridge was laughably small (about 4 inches deep and knee high).
Also, the air conditioning was unfortunately run via the wall thermostat rather than the unit itself. This meant that it was an all or nothing affair-you either had the fully blasting, Artic level "on" setting of the air conditioner, or the off switch. It would have been nice to be able to regulate it to a constant cool temp.
But overall-highly recommended! A brief stopover became a very restorative break, and a lot of it was due to the nice accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family