“a bittersweet stay”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I purposely held on the the business card for this hotel so I would not forget to write a review for my stay in Bethlehem the end of February 2013. I live in Arizona but my grandparents (who mean the world to me) live in Sellersville. My grandfather had suddenly become ill and was sent to Bethlehem Hospital in ICU. Within a day I was on the next flight to sit by his side. Since the hospital was about an hour from their home I chose to get a room at the Comfort Suites based on some type of flyer I saw at the hospital that said they provided a shuttle to and from the hospital (free). I literally wanted to be with him all day all night with just somewhere to shower and lay my head for a few hours. If i remember correct they also provided a dinner and a breakfast.
I literally checked in the went to the hospital until about 11pm my first night. My 2nd day I was back at the hospital bright and early. I stayed there until nearly midnight, and the shuttle came to pick me up with no problems. My head hurt so much from crying all day and night. I went to the front desk counter, purchased some waters, and asked about purchasing some tylenol or anything for my intense headache (AND refused me trying to tip him) I dont recall if the hotel was out of supply or just didnt carry it but the young man at the desk offered me some of his advil. SO HELPFUL!
We talked about the shuttle for the next morning (shuttle is suppose to run on a schedule) but he told me when ever I wanted to go they would take me.
The next morning I checked out, the front desk held my bags for me so I could head back the hospital and someone came up front to shuttle me back to the hospital.
I have worked in a Five Star Resort in the past, and the helpfulness, the politeness, the way that everyone went above and beyond was Five Star Class in my book. That weekend was the very last time I would ever see my grandfather alive. But the my stay at Comfort Suites made that weekend a happy memory. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Aitcheyeellell

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Rude front desk staff. This is what you first encounter when calling the hotel...not a pleasant welcome. When checking in we were treated as if it was a problem we were at the hotel. After realizing there were no linens in the room the pullout couch we contacted the front desk and were told to come get them. When asking for an extra pillow the person at the front desk said, "No. There are four on the bed" When we reminded him that we were down there to get linens for the pullout couch he said he would bring a pillow down to our room. It is nearing midnight and still no pillow. Great customer service is what I would expect from this hotel based on past stays. Not a fun way to spend a birthday trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank klf0722
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Well how can I begin it started off that we were lost. We spoke with Sharon and she was patience with giving us directions. Upon arriving she welcomed us as if we were at your home. She made us feel special. We felt like they rolled the red carpet out for us. SERIOUSLY. The rooms were so clean oh and the beds and pillows super comfy cozy. The next morning we woke up to a beautiful breakfast. When we were leaving we were greeted by Jackie who asked how our stay was. Thank you so much for making our little getaway such a memorable one. We will definitely return and look forward to seeing Sharon and Jackie again as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marissa m
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for the positive comments about the staff and facility. I will share these with the staff as we all look forward to your return.

Sincerely
David Urban

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Comfort Suites University was recommended to me by my coworker, and I'm so glad I decided to stay here. I found a great deal online, and booked a room for 5 nights - the most I've ever stayed in a hotel in my life! I came up for a conference, and the hotel is perfectly situated to everything I need - restaurants, bars, places to run (the towpath), and cool cultural stuff (the Steel Stacks).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for such a positive review. Our location does lend well to multiple night stays. I hope the conference was a success for you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bethlehem.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great hotel in an excellent location. The rooms were clean and large - a great value for the price. The staff was very attentive, the free wi-fi was blazing fast, and the free breakfast every morning was incredible. Can't believe that we received all of that for such a low rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. Our staff service is what we pride ourselves on. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have stayed at this property many, many times. Each and every time it has been great. I cannot say that we had a good experience on this trip. When we were checking in, there was all sorts of commotion, unrelated to our check-in going on behind the counter. It had to do with another guest, and everyone behind the counter had become involved in whatever the issue was. We stood there unattended throughout this commotion. One of the main reasons that we come here is to take the shuttle to the Sands casino and to relax back in the bar at the hotel. We were told that the shuttle runs every hour upon request. Then when we got on the shuttle to go to the casino, we were told that the shuttle would not be running between 9pm and 11pm. At 10:00 pm we were ready to go back to the hotel and phoned for the 11 pm shuttle. When the shuttle arrived we began walking towards it, and this whole mob of people rushed the van. We could not get on, so we had to wait in the freezing cold for the shuttle to come and go to the hotel, this took 30 minutes. When the shuttle came back, although we were in line....again a whole group began rushing the van and crowding in to the van in a very dangerous way. I must give credit to the shuttle driver, as she took control of the situation and put people off the shuttle. When I got back to the hotel, I did complain to management and they gave us a 20 buck credit to the room. Don't think I will be going back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I would like to apologize for the way you were treated at check-in. We will discuss this as this is not our policy. All guests should be greeted upon approaching the desk. I am sorry about the shuttle and the overcrowding. We do hope that you will come back and stay again. Please contact David Urban to book your next stay.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am usually please with Comfort Suites but not this time. We arrived very late and very weary. The lobby smelled bad, the room was old and small and cold. The hot food servers were empty in the morning. Coffee was empty...no more batter for the waffle iron. I guess there was a rush on breakfast but they could not keep up. The room was cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for but this was an unusual experience for Comfort Suites. Would not choose this again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry you viewed our hotel so poorly. I want you to be aware that we are planning major renovations and they will be done in stages throughout the next couple of years. I will address the service issue related to our breakfast. We would like for you to give us another try. Please contact me directly to make your reservation.

David Urban