“Disappointed”

Comfort Suites University
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am usually please with Comfort Suites but not this time. We arrived very late and very weary. The lobby smelled bad, the room was old and small and cold. The hot food servers were empty in the morning. Coffee was empty...no more batter for the waffle iron. I guess there was a rush on breakfast but they could not keep up. The room was cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for but this was an unusual experience for Comfort Suites. Would not choose this again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I am sorry you viewed our hotel so poorly. I want you to be aware that we are planning major renovations and they will be done in stages throughout the next couple of years. I will address the service issue related to our breakfast. We would like for you to give us another try. Please contact me directly to make your reservation.

David Urban

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is very pleasant and affordable. The staff are friendly, professional, and helpful. The Continental Breakfast is awesome. In addition, the location is very convenient. If you plan to stay for a period of time, it is more afforable to book through Expedia. Parking is no cost. Although, I am a pet lover, I do not like the idea that they do allow pets in the rooms. But, the exceptional service and cleanliness of the hotel outweighs my personal view in this area. Again, we do plan to stay at the Comfort Suites University, again.

Room Tip: Front of the building gets the morning sun.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
pa209, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for the positive response. We do pride ourselves on our cleanliness and have an outstanding housekeeping department. Gotta love "Your Morning Breakfast". We do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Customer Service was excellent, Sharon took our reservation; she was a total gem. She gave us excellent directions to get to the hotel and was very accommodating when we arrived.

The room was immaculate, the bed was ex-streamly comfortable and loaded with fluffy pillows. The show head was awesome. Nice clean environment and friendly people.

They provide a shuttle that runs every hour to the and from the Casino. It is only 1 mile from the Casino as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel. Our staff is outstanding but it is nice of you take the time to write these positive comments. We hope to see you back and good luck at the casino.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The stay at the Comfort Suites University was great. I found that the staff fully accommodated my needs like late checkout, upgraded room, multiple shuttle services and had a great breakfast while being very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the Comfort Suites University.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am a local who was looking for a place to stay so that friends and I could go out and drink without worrying about driving. The front desk was awesome with setting us up with a shuttle to the brew works and the number for the cab service if we were out passed when the shuttle ran.
I highly recommend them for their customer service!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Trip339
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm not a fan of Choice hotels, and being in the hotel industry, I'm very picky. Customer service was excellent! The rooms are comfortable and roomy. The breakfast was GREAT! The location was great as well! I will be staying here again when I travel to Bethlehem,PA!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a comfortable hotel with large rooms, sitting areas, good wifi signal and nice sized HDTV's that actually turn to allow one to sit on the sofa or work and still have it in eye sight. That is an aspect that many hotels do not think about when they add the HD's.

The breakfast is ok....decent selection

Room Tip: There is ample parking although at night try to park in the front. The back parking lot is dark.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business