“Served it's purpose”

Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Were staying in the area overnight. Seems like an older hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall hotel was clean. We did take issue to the excessive vibrations felt in the floor of the room/bed accompanied by motor/generator noise?

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
ABECYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and Hotel overall. I'm sorry that you had issues with vibrations in your room. We are working on finding their source so that furture guests will not have this inconvenience. Once again, Thank You.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My son and I stopped here on a longer road trip. Our room had twin queen beds, which were nice but a little firm. The room was clean, and there were some healthy choices in the Café for breakfast. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for something at the end farthest from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank leom5558
ABECYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and Bistro. I'm sorry that our beds were not to your satisfaction. I hope this will not keep you from staying with us again next time you are in the area. Thank You.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed one night here prior to a job interview. The staff was very friendly and wished me good luck. The shuttle drivers were also very nice and talked positively about the area. Courtyard by Marriott rarely disappoint and this was one of the nicer ones. They had a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your generous review. It is always a pleasure to share feedback like this with the staff. It encourages them to strive for the highest standards. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Picked this hotel because we wanted something close to Blue Mountain. The rooms were nice and large. The kids used the pool, nothing too fancy, pretty small in size, the air was hot, but the water was lukewarm, but enough to keep the kids happy. The lobby was pleasant. I thought there would at least be some complimentary coffee, but you have to pay for the Starbucks. We also had breakfast in the morning. I was expecting a breakfast buffet, since other courtyards offer it with their rooms and it was a Saturday, but it was only a limited menu that was made to order. It was good, but there are many other alternatives in the area. Overall, a pleasant overnight stay before a day of skiing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
ABECYGeneralManager, Manager at Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. As of the end of 2013, all Courtyards should have the Bistro concept serving both breakfast and light dinner with drinks instead of just a breakfast buffet, and Starbucks instead of the lobby coffee. We do still have coffee in the rooms. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you when your future travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

the following is my experience on this hotel

First off let me begin by saying the two receptionists that work there (one really tall guy, and one really short female) are really nice, and they are extremely professional.

i called to set up a reservation at friday at 2 a.m. in the morning using the number provided on their website, the lady told me there would be a microwave and that if i wanted to check out at 8 p.m. that would be fine as well. Great! i thought..i received my confirmation email and my checkout time was 12 p.m..so i called again and told them to adjust it they said they will notify the hotel and all was well.

We got to the hotel, checked in at 3 pm and i asked about the late checkout they said they didnt get any message about that i explained to them what i was told, and they told me its best to just make a reservation using the online form and call the hotel personally to adjust it because the people from the hotline most of the time dont know how each hotel operates, and they flat out lie to you and once you make the reservation, you have to fix yourself if they didnt get it right. i said ok thats fine and went upstairs with my wife to check out the room and surprise surprise no microwave. so i go back downstairs and ask why is there no microwave in my room, and we go back to the hotline people not knowing about etc etc.

they did offer me to pay half price for late checkout, i declined politely no big deal, well leave early no problem next time ill call the hotel personally, i grab a juice to buy and the nice receptionist guy said its on the house, because of the mishap with everything i said thank you very much man and, me and my wife go to our rooms to unwind.

Heres where it all began the instant we open the bathroom door and turn on the light there are two globs of urine that have seeped into the floor and the base of the toilet. it had been there for about a day it looked like the guy missed the toilet peed on the floor so much so, that the urine turned gel like and stuck out of the sealant on the base of the toilet, i was so disgusted i told my wife to get out and find a cleaning lady to clean it, we asked her how long ago was the room cleaned? she said everyday, but as soon as she saw the globs of dried pee she took out some disinfectant and moped it up, and voila no more pee.

next came the bed after finding the pee globs i was like heck no im checking everything, we peel back the sheets bam dirty comforter, brown yellowish stains we took photos, next we check the pillow covers one had a tiny blood splatter thats noticeable like if someone popped a small pimple while sleeping it was fresh too because it was still bright red not brown but it was browning. another pillow looked like someone squashed a bug with it because there was black bits surrounded by another yellow stain we propped them up took pictures, left them under lamp, i went to the cleaning lady told her about them and left them there for her to see for herself. then i went down to the front desk and i asked them too when was the last time this room was cleaned, they had no definitive answer but assured me everyday.

once they got confirmation from the cleaning lady who cleaned up the pee and changed all the pillows, i told them the cleaning ladys were really nice i dont want them to get in trouble but that stuff is really nasty im not going back to that room. Again the receptionists both working were very professional and decided to switch us to a junior sweet or w.e its called, and also said i would be getting a free breakfast for me and my wife, and my room had a microwave, and that if i wanted to check out late it would be of no charge.

I was like WOW THE REVIEWERS ARE RIGHT! these guys are seriously really good, and then we get to the sweet room 115, and again im let down.

Now im not a complainer i only complain if its really serious or im fed up, as soon as we open the door we inspect everything, again the bed sheets first the pillow cases are all fine and then BAM ANOTHER DIRTY COMFORTER??! THIS ONE HAD BIGGER STAINS THAN THE OTHER. It looked like someone spilled a glob of coffee on it and it just wasn't washed right. but i go hey baby just show it to the receptionist and ask for a new blanket i don't want to fight or complain i just want to relax, she goes and she gets a clean one. good! now the bathroom everything looked clean except there were about 6 long strands of hair (which i took pictures of everything besides pee , i was too mad to take those pics) on the side of the toilet and pretty much all over the floor. like if someone mopped that floor with a dirty hair filled mop.

At this point im not in the mood to complain anymore i can live with some strange persons hair in the bathroom. we just threw a towel on the floor when we used the bathroom problem solved. i was done.

Now to talk about the food ill keep this one short, my wife ordered tacos and i ordered a chocolate chip cookie sundae, and barbecue chicken flatbread. the flatbread was really good my wife and i really loved it! and now for the let down part, we bite the taco... and i tell you i have never tasted such a nasty hard/rubber like avocado in my life, my wife told me that while the lady was cutting up the avocado she looked like she was being a bit forcefull with it, i would have been too if it was that hard chewing it! im not like no! we paid 8 bucks for two lame tacos tell her to change it or we are getting a refund, the nice lady did not understand that avocados should not be rubbery or hard in anyway, but she obliged and changed the avocados and my wife enjoyed it after it was fixed.

i would love to tell you how the cookie sundae tasted but i didnt even get to try it (it was not a sundae btw it was just a cookie with two scoops of ice cream), by the time i opened it to eat it about 6 minutes later the cookie was so hard every time i tried to take a piece off it the plastic spoon would almost break.

i was done i got up brought it to her myself and said i want a refund, they wanted to replace the cookie i was like no im not going to set myself up to be disappointed with you guys again give me a refund. the lady said she couldn't do it, so i said fine give it to my credit card and deduct it from my room, the receptionist comes (shes always so nice) and did it with no problem.

btw while i was complaining about the hard cookie one lady sitting there (who i think worked there or something idk she was not in uniform but offered help) tried poking it with a spoon, and while the spoon was bending every time she tried to get a piece off it, it was also thudding like a hard drum...it was really funny.

breakfast was probably the only thing good about my stay nothing spectacular but at least it was done right with no problems.

i told the receptionist we were not checking out late (in all honesty i had enough) and left, i really wanted to like this hotel, the rooms look really nice and the beds are comfortable, but i felt like man how could this place look so nice, but be so dirty that it completely destroyed our whole trip to p.a.

me and my wife have to go atleast once a month down there ALL THE WAY FROM THE BRONX!! and this completely ruined it for us, i feel like signing up for marriott points was a waste.

Update** after speaking with managers i was given some marriott points for my troubles and they really tried to apologize for the lack of cleanliness and bad service at the bistro. i dont know if those problems were addressed or fixed but im glad they atleast reached out to me to get it all sorted out.

i think i might give them another try, after feeling like they actually care.

Room Tip: Always check YOUR ROOM!,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Griz M
ABECYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you very much for the update!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was a quick one night stop during a long drive. Rooms are nice and large. Staff was very friendly. Beds weren't very comfortable. Not impressed with the coffee, usually hotels have complementary coffee in the lobby, this one had a Starbucks on site, so you had to buy it there, and when we left at 5am, it wasn't open.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
ABECYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. I'm sorry that you did not find our beds comfortable and that our Bisto was not open when you left at 5:00am. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice stay in Allentown. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. The gym was clean, small but adequately equipped and the pool area looked nice too. I was slightly disappointed in the breakfast/bistro area. I like Starbucks but would prefer a breakfast included with hotel price like other hotels
Offer.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and hotel. I'm sorry that we do not include breakfast in our rates. I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Thank you again!