“Beautiful lobby with fireplace”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Baltimore
“Beautiful lobby with fireplace”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed here one night with my teenage son after a day of skiing in the area. We came in the evening and there was a fire burning in the lobby fireplace. The lobby here is beautiful, large, high ceilings, cozy seating, complimentary beverages. The front desk personnel was very friendly and even offered to turn on the juice in the breakfast area for my son. There is a small snack and sundries shop right next to the reception desk. The room was fine, although the tv remote did not work. In the morning, the fire was again burning in the lobby fireplace and the ( complimentary) breakfast was waiting, this area is part of the lobby so you can choose to sit at one of the tables, or enjoy a sofa next to the fireplace. The food was plentiful and the attendant friendly. Wide screen tv was on with the morning news. I liked that the tables were not cramped in one little area. With 2 teenaged, we always prefer to stay in hotels that offer a free breakfast, it is such a nice convenience. With the aaa rate, this hotel was a great deal and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank havredegrace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Calera, Alabama
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I spend approximately 80 nights a year out of town. I have never felt more welcome or at home that this hotel. They have all th amentities of the larger hotels but the service you deserve. Greg is the front desk manager and will remember you and call you by name. It is an outstanding place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mel_Kay_Al
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night for my daughter's baptism. The rooms were great, especially the suite which included a kitchen. I highly recommend it.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nycgen
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Excellent location for our visit. Very Clean throughout. Friendly, professiona front desk. One downfall--RM 127- WIndow looks directly out at wall of other rooms.No View ). Breakfast good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank guardrail
Connecticut
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We weren't able to make it for our first night of our reservation so we called them a week in advance to cancel the first night. They told us absolutely no problem, and that they would see us the following day. When we arrived they told us they we still had to pay for the first night because it was pre-paid, and that they had no knowledge of the phone call. We then talked to the manager who was extremely rude to us, and basically told us that they made a mistake because of new hotel staff, and that we should have read our agreement more carefully. While we were discussing this with the manager, a service desk host was laughing at the situation. It really was crazy. I've never been treated so poorly at a hotel before. There are a bunch of nice hotels around this area, please don't stay at this one.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MikeT2003
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I am a truckdriver and usually stay in motels four days at a time but this time I got stuck out and had to take my two days off at a motel instead of home...I chose this one because I have had very few problems with Hamptons....when I arrived I was wanting a king study but endede up with a king suite...I have stayed in many nice places but never anything this large...this was great for my two days of R and R ...huge rooms I had two tv's, couch, dinette ,stove ( with pots ,pans,plates ,silverware..the whole deal )dishwasher ,sink even a garbage disposal ....friendly people....nice business ctr, fitness ctr.....this was absoluteley great when I got the bill I almost fell over....$ 109.00 per night....only thing that I could find that could have used a little work was the laundry area...it was showing signs of needing a remodel job badly...besides that this was spectacular...ever in the area you gotta stay here...I just cant say enough about how great it was...esp. for the money.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank teamster175
athens,ny
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Room was a huge dissapointment. Had a king bed with whirlepool tub. Variety of maintenance issues from ripped, frayed towels to dirty shower and tub, lamp shades falling apart, long check in time, and hair in the bed (and I dont mean hair from the head). Noisy children running up and down halls at 1030-11p. Staff not caring and did not appear concerned to rectify or comp us our room.
Shame on you Hampton Inn staff. This writer will not be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple