“Great place for family ski weekend”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Second annual ski weekend with lot's of friends and kids. Clean, efficient. Welcoming. Great rooms. Lobby great for gathering. Nice breakfast.
Our room was initially overheated, staff came up quickly and made the adjustments we needed to enjoy our stay. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Moxiefe1
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We're glad to hear your small group enjoyed your annual ski trip again this year. Thank you for your comments about the hotel cleanliness, lobby and breakfast. I'm glad our staff was able to quickly help you with your room temperature and make sure you were comfortable. We look forward to seeing you all again next year!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for a mid-winter getaway. Check-in was quick and easy and our room was comfortable and clean. The mattress was nice and firm and room temperature was easy to adjust . I loved the oversize fridge and microwave for drinks and popcorn. The lobby was spacious and accommodated a large breakfast crowd. Breakfast included waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee, pastries and more. The pool was on the small side but comfortable and uncrowded. The fitness room had several pieces of equipment and was not at all crowded. The Sands Casino is only minutes away and easy to find. The area includes a Wegman's and several restaurants just up the road as well. We plan to stay here again when we visit Becky's Drive-In (about 15 minutes away) this summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christina M

Thank you for writing a review and telling everyone how much you enjoyed our hotel, location and the eateries you visited during your stay. This is a very convenient spot and there's so much to love about Bethlehem. Visit again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Bethlehem Hampton a number of times previously and it continues to be a pleasant experience. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and this visit we were treated to a room upgrade which was terrific.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WalGreene
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

We work hard to consistently provide clean rooms and top service, and are thrilled to hear we've been taking great care of you during every stay. I'm glad we were able to give you an upgrade for this visit - Everyone loves our suites and they go fast!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

One of the nicest Hampton Inns I've ever stayed at. Conveniently located near I-78, but tucked away in an upscale business park, with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, the hotel was a pleasure from the kindly and efficient greeting, to the free happy hour, to the beautiful suite with fireplace and full-size kitchen - right down to the abundance of electrical outlets -just a very well-taken care of property and it will be my pleasure to return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank LiftLady

LiftLady,

Wow - being called "one of the nicests Hampton Inns" is so flattering! Thank you for telling us how much you enjoyed your suite and for complimenting our location, service and the maintenance of our property. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

When I visit in the area the first place I go is the Hampton Inn in Bethlehem, Pa. The service and the hardworking employees keep me coming back. They make all the customers feel welcome and make our stay as comfortable as possible. The Front Office Manager Gregory is the reason for our return. He's on top of everything to make the customers happy. Under his direct supervision I have seen great changes in the front desk staff. They are very helpful. Their knowledge of the attractions such as movies, restaurants and shopping helps a lot when you are looking for things to keep the family entertained for our short stay. The rooms are always clean and ready upon our arrival. The morning breakfast is a plus with a variety of items to choose from. I sure hope Gregory and his staff are rewarded for the excellent service they give to their customers when they stay at their hotel. I praise them when ever I come to town Winter, Spring , and Fall. Gregory and Staff keep up the good work and I will keep coming back for more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Catherine R

Catherine,

Thank you for writing a review for us and for complimenting the excellent service you received from our team. It's nice to hear that we were able to provide you with recommendations and that your room was clean and fresh. Our team will be very pleased to hear your positive feedback, and we're so happy you have plans to come back and visit us again. Guests like you make our hard work worthwhile.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our stay was for 5 nights over the Christmas holiday to come "home" to PA. We arrived very early at 7 am and Gregory was able to get us into a room immediately. He was incredibly friendly, helpful,etc. and we were surprised to see that he upgraded us to a suite because they were not busy at that time of year. The hotel itself is nothing special and the decor is traditional but a little dated. However everything was very clean, the bed quite comfortable and located centrally to nearly everywhere in the Lehigh Valley. There is a 24 hr. coffee/tea bar which had very good coffee. In addition, the daily breakfast spread was better than expected and had a variety of juices, yogurt, fruit, breads, cereals and a few hot items. For the price, location and service, we could not have been happier and will make this our go to place for future visits.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rainbow9
TammyBoyte, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for filling out a fantastic survey for us! We were thrilled to see how helpful Gregory was to you and that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. We do have plans to improve our lobby and dining area in the Spring with new furnishings, cabinetry, hardwood floors, etc. to give it a more contemporary and spacious feel. Please come back soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recieved a call from my boss on my way home from Buffalo i needed to work in Bethlehem the next day. I Looked for hotels and found the hampton. I called the hampton at 6pm to book a room. The receptionist told me they had availbility and asked if I wanted a King or 2 doubles, I had asked for a King she then put me on hold. She had asked if i was a Hilton Honors member which in turn i gave her my id and asked her to use the credit card on file. Again i was put on hold, finally she came back and said I was all set and she would send me conformation to the email on file. Which I never recieved!

2 1/2 hours i show up at the hotel to check in. I go up to the front desk and they do not have a room for me and proceed to tell me they booked it for the following day and are all sold out for tonight. The receptionist said she had booked the last room earlier in the day.. I had asked for a manager but they were not in I was told.

She then called thier sister hotel next door at the Best Western to get me a room their and said she was sorry about the mess up. I had Asked Front desk clerk if they would credit me points for my stay next door and she stated she would leave a note for her manager in the morning... Of which no call, no email no points ever recieved.

Has anyone else encountered this at this property? Say they are available then send you next door?

I went to the Best Western next door which i would not recomend if you are used to hilton properties, more of a motel, dirty and uncomfortable.

Hampton did look very nice and reminded me of a converted Homewood Suites property unfortunatly i never got to stay there..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business