“Experienced Traveler meeting a VERY inexperienced traveler”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
State College, Pennsylvania
“Experienced Traveler meeting a VERY inexperienced traveler”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

That hotel staff was very welcoming towards my mother who rarely stays in hotels. I booked a stay and she was meeting me there to take care of my newborn. She arrived prior to me and was going to wait an hour until I came because she was nervous they would not be able to help without my credit card. I assured her that everything would be fine and her name was on the reservation. My mother was thrilled at the ease of checking in. Thank you for making her feel welcome...treat me how every you like (usually fantastic) but treat my family with care and you have a lifetime customer!

Room Tip: The suite was great as it had the additional room for my child to roll around on a blanket
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mary T
ESBusch, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you. We are delighted to hear that we made a potentially uncomfortable experience for your mother and turned it around to a very positive one for you and your mother. I will be sharing your kind words with my management and team members so they can see that their commitment to quality service does pay off. Thank you again for staying with us. We know there are many choices out there and truly appreciate your patronage.

Regards,
E. Busch
Managing Director, Hampton Inn & Suites Bethlehem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Winfield, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked online for a 1 night stay, when we got there checking in was a breeze. The room was very nice and clean. Plenty of Hot water ++++ . The Breakfast Buffet was a PLUS, that was a special treat we hadn't planned. Kudos! We plan on staying here again in November when we come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carl H
HolmwoodJ, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We look forward to welcoming you back in November. You can except to find the same great breakfast and service you just experienced. Safe travels and we will see you in a couple months!
Carmel, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here overnight in August while visiting family in the Allentown area. Hotel was clean and up to date. The breakfast buffet is a nice touch and is in included in your stay. Close to the highway but I didn't see many restaurants in the area. Staff seemed nice but the front desk attendant wasn't very welcoming when we checked in. Free coffee is offered in the lobby which is nice. All in all, I would recommend this hotel if traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank locolos13
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I arrived and was quickly serviced and was heading to my room within a minute or two. I think this Hampton inn is much the same as many I've stayed at before but the service was tops. The room was quiet all night long.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jrw0808
HolmwoodJ, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We are delighted to hear you had a restful stay with us! It can be so hard to sleep in unfamiliar surroundings. I have passed on your kind words to the staff regarding the service that we provided you with-you made us all smile! We hope to see you again when in Bethlehem.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a very nice stay. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was yummy with plenty of choices. I was concerned because we were near the airport but it was very peaceful. The location is excellent. We were able to get to and from our attractions in minutes. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank patti925
We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about your stay with us. We are tucked away from all of the noise - but still close to everything. I have passed on your kind words to the staff. Thnak you again.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in the beginning of July and found it was a clean and comfortable hotel with excellent breakfast included. The beds were comfortable and there was a lot of room in the closet. The only minor problem was that the air conditioning was rather noisy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katarina S
Thank you for taking the time write such nice comments about our hotel. Hampton beds are the best! I could not agree more on the breakfast, it is excellent-so many choices. We hope to see you again when you are in Bethlehem!
bronx
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel and the front desk person named Gregory helped us like no other hotel person has ever before what a kind gentlemen we look forward to coming back and staying again.Thank you

Room Tip: want to have a great stay stop by this place.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pam s
, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about Gregory! I am happy to hear that he went above and beyond your expectations. We hope to be your host again when in the Bethlehem area.