“Clean newly redone rooms”

Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very convenient location just off Rt 22 the section I stayed in was just redone,clean ,non smoking, no pet section. Very nice layout,with kitchen and suite.. Be careful there sections that allow pets and smoking so be specific. Breakfast was included , normal eggs etc
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Be specific in type of room needed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tinkerman33
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear tinkerman33,

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us but I just wanted to clarify two items in which you have mentioned. Our hotel is indeed pet friendly, but we are definitely do not allow smoking in our rooms. I hope this information was helpful and it will assist you when deciding to stay with us in the future.

- Eugene Lee

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Googled up this hotel while riding shotgun on our drive from VA to VT. Booked it online, found it w/ no problem, and the rooms are all just redone! Like staying in a brand new hotel!! Would definitely stay again. Oh, and it included breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TKrobath
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

TKrobath,

I am happy that you were able to stay with us during your drive up the East Coast. Looks like you are just as excited as we are with our brand new rooms! Stay tuned as we will have pictures of our newly renovated hotel online in the next coming months. See you soon.

-Eugene Lee

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The entire place is under construction. There is no lobby. There is no exercise room. Meals are crammed into 1/2 a room with the front desk staff. BUT despite all this the front desk ladies are doing a wonderful job in impossible conditions. Who ever thought up the transition plan should be working the front desk while people are sitting next to you having breakfast with the tv on....no, it is the front desk staff that make this hotel no matter the conditions and they are sorely in need of praise and recognition for their efforts. Without the front desk staff, the hotel would not be just mediocre. So, when you stay, say nice things to the women who work the front desk....they desire every accolade they can get...

Room Tip: Say thank you to the wonderful people who work the front desk...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear JAMDVM,

I am pleased to inform you that we have completed our rooms and gatehouse renovation! You will love the new style of the spacious suites, which feature comfortably zoned spaces for eating, sleeping, working and unwinding, all with full kitchens, will keep you recharged and focused throughout your stay.

The redesigned lobby will help you thrive while you're on the road. The new studies and lounge areas will provide an intimate and inviting environment for you to relax and recharge. Plus, you will be able to connect to the free Wi-Fi while catching up with colleagues and friends.

And of course, the free daily hot breakfast, offering a variety of healthy and indulgent options, will help you start your day off right, while the complimentary evening socials will help you unwind after a long day.

We gladly welcome you back to our hotel, and please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasurable.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

..made our two night stay homely..Very nice suite. We enjoyed our stay throughout...the shuttle was consistent to and from LVIA (airport).. Breakfast was nicely prepared each morning, nice stock of drinks and snacks.....FREE!! They even had a cheeese/crackers and fruits event one evening for guests.

They are currently renovating the Front Desk area...so they temporarily moved this service to the breakfast area......may be a bit congested, but it never impacted the pleasant environment and service....

Did I say that the airport shuttle service is proficient and timely. ...."smile"

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Jaderuby,

We have had our shuttle for the past 3 years, but our guests are just finding out about it now! With affordable flights going out of LVIA, especially to Orlando, we are seeing our guests taking advantage of our complimentary service. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you in the near future!

Travel Tip: Looking for a place to park your car while going away on a flight? Ask us about our Park Here, Fly There program.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here with the family for a one night stay. I was happy to have been put in a room that had been renovated as the photos on the website of the old rooms were very worn. The new room was very comfortable. Nice new soft goods were put into the rooms. Modern carpet, comfortable pull out sofa and a very clean bathroom were of note. The kitchen was very handy to have and featured a new granite counter and a new, clean fridge. Breakfast which was included was a great value. The area was a little cramped because the normal lobby and dining room were under renovation, but not a big deal. Liked the convenience of a separate living space from the bedroom for the kids. Allowed for some downtime after the kids went to bed.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rosone13,

We are nearing the end of our renovation with approximately 90% of the project complete. We are planning to have our brand new lobby area & the clean and spacious breakfast area back in time for the weekend. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations with us and we can’t wait to have you back!

Travel Tip: looking for something to do with your family while staying at our hotel? Ask the front desk for our collection of books and board games. It’s great for all ages.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here end of Jan '13 on a snow tubing weekend family trip to Blue Mountain. Found exactly what I needed here. Larger rooms with full kitchens, giving plenty of space for large families and cooking abilities. Stayed in two bdrm, two bathroom suite and another one bdrm suite. If you are looking for fancy, this may not be your place, but if you need a solid place with extra room, it's a good bet. (They are currently remodeling and the new rooms look great!)

Hotel staff was extremely courteous and fulfilled and personal request with commitment.

Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear 655edith,
I thank you for the positive comments. While we are under renovations, we have been able to section off areas of the hotel to ensure our guests are not affected by the construction. Your comment is proof that it is definitely working.

Please note that we are in the final stages of our renovation and we would love to welcome you back for our grand reopening! The main lobby area will be complete by Mid-February. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago. It was a nice place back then.
But now they are doing some renovation. Here is some really bad defects:

1. The new room has a tiny little bed, which I dont think is "Queen" as they noted on the web. You can see from the pic I took.
2. And the new room don't have high speed internet. They only provide wifi. Wireless is not stable, sometimes it is ok, sometimes it just went off.
3. The refrigerator and air con at room are very noisy.
4. The room I stay, power cable of refrigerator did not plug in. It just lay down at the floor. I told the frond desk lady, she just call the technician to fix it without an emotion as if she saw it everyday and did not say any word to me about why the room is not ready.
And all the constructions going on there did not make it comfort for the guest, but make it looks fashion on the pic. The old Marriott warm atmosphere are gone.

The following issue is about my personal experience with the service, you can take it as reference:
1. as an platinum elite member, there is no room upgrade. But with 10 extra dollar, there are upgrade, I dont understand the logic here, but it is subject to every hotel, that is ok, I took it.
2. after stay one night with all the problem as I mentioned above, I just check out and move to another hotel. Then the front desk lady charged extra $60+ tax for it.What I booked for my stay is a long stay rate $99. So even a no show penalty would be just $99 + tax and the regular rate for studio is $149, where do they charge this $159 for?

Strong suggest to avoid this place.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can, other wise try to get a bedroom suite facing the pool. The other side r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AustinYe

Dear Austin Ye,
We value your loyalty to Marriott and we would like to welcome you back to the Residence Inn. From the comments that you have provided, I have addressed these issues with our staff and have conducted service trainings with my entire staff to ensure our guests’ needs are heard and properly addressed.
You have mentioned a few key factors that have affected your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to provide answers to the question that you have had.
1) I can assure you that all our 120 rooms have brand new Queen Size beds.
2) We have just increased our bandwidth by 4 times! IBM technical support is available 24/7 for all your troubleshooting needs. I have called in a service ticket on your behalf and have corrected this issue. We have an adapter called a “bridge” should you required to be connected by a wire. This is available at the front desk free to charge.
3) I have contacted GE about servicing the brand new refrigerators. This issue has been fixed. The air conditioners have been recalibrated.
4) Everything has been plugged in properly. I apologize for the service issue and have conducted service training with my staff in regards to this issue.
For the next set of service issues, I urge you to contact me directly so we can discuss your experience at my hotel.