Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed overnight at the Residence Inn in Bethlehem, PA for a business trip. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Overall the hotel was clean, rooms were spacious and the staff were so helpful, friendly and efficient. Parking was easy and overall as a business traveler, very convenient-which is key. I also loved the complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear ELNY575,

I would like to thank you for taking the time in completing a TripAdvisor survey. These comments go along way and we appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area, I would like to welcome you to our evening social; which are held every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Please contact the hotel for further details.

As our heart goes out to all the families who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, I welcome you to contact the hotel should any of your family/friends require housing assistance during this tragic event.

-Eugene Lee

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night while away on business. I’m not really sure about the comments from other reviewers, but I had a pleasant stay. Granted, the décor could be updated, but overall, there were no problems. I stayed in the one bedroom suite, which had a separate room to sleep in. The room was very comfortable and clean, although there were a few stains on the furniture. I didn’t notice much noise from other rooms nearby. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions. The breakfast was a pretty decent spread. I’d stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear cronos356,

I would like to thank you for your recent comment to TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure hearing from our guests when they have enjoyed their stay with us. I welcome you to contact me at the hotel so I can address the stain issue that you have had in one of our rooms. We have recently reviewed all of our housekeeping products and I would love to try out a new stain remover product we have just received. We thank you for your patronage and we hope that you and your family is doing well during the storm.

-Sincerely,
Eugene Lee

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here while visiting the area for a family function. It just so happened to be Musikfest so hotels were booked to capacity. When we checked in to our non-smoking room we were immediately greeted by the smell of smoke. Once we took around and went into the master bedroom/bathroom the smell was overpowering. We called the front desk and a manager came up, he was friendly and had us moved to the only other available room within an hour and a half.

The second room seemed fine enough. Definitely showing its age, but seemed clean. That was until we opened the pull out sofa. WOW! Stains all over the mattress, nasty stains. Bar jabbing you in the back. It definitely gave me the creepy, crawlies all night.

Front desk was friendly, the grounds looked nice, but they really need to do a major overhaul.

Room Tip: Go next door to the newer Courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SunDrea
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Mary,

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay during the recent visit to my hotel. Especially the selections we have to offer for breakfast. Just to clarify, we provide a full complimentary breakfast buffet. We have so many items on our menu that we actually have a rotational menu to provide additional selections. One of my favorite items on our rotational menu is the Eggs Florentine, which is served with a spinach & artichoke dip on top. Give us a call next time you are staying with us to find when we will have this item on the menu.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This Marriott was rated low on trip advisor, after staying here now I know why. The walls were scratched the elevator doors had dents. When I Got to my room, it looked like someome tried to kick the door open. This Marriott needs a makeover. The dust in the corner of the room was 1/2 inch thick. Wont be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Cram425
Residence Inn B, General Manager at Residence Inn Allentown Bethlehem/Lehigh Valley Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

We take each comment from all our guests seriously and we have listened. We have completed several engineering projects to address your issues. I welcome you to contact me in regards to your stay. I would love to have you try our property once again.

- Eugene Lee
610-317-2662 ext 600

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is in serious need to an update. The carpets are worn, the tub area appears dirty, but it is just old. That being said, the beds are very comfortable and the room are clean otherwise. There were those "pine tree" air freshners that people have in their cars actually hanging out of the air conditioner vents in my room, which I did not care for. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok, but the meals they have in the evening were not good at all, so if you are like me and budget less money on travel because they offer some food, you may want to add money to your food budget. The location is excellent. There were a lot food and shopping options. The full business office that is advertised is not really a business office at all. It is a computer and printer in the corner of a hall and there is no where to sit. There is no wireless internet in the rooms, which is an issue for me as a business traveler. I stay at Residence Inn properties all over the country and this one is below average for a Residence, but about average when compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Erin N

Dear SunDrea,

I appreciate your honest opinion and deeply apologize for the experience that you have had at my hotel. I wanted you to inform you that we have hired a professional deep restoration cleaning company to assist us with any room where a guest may happen to smoke in our rooms (which we do not allow!). They also assist in any rooms that require professional cleaning assistance such as our pet rooms. This have been contracted out to ensure that no other guest has the same experience that you have had. I welcome you to visit our hotel once again to experience the difference.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Room was okay, could use an update. Very little attention to details. Breakfast buffet is more volume than quality. No complaints, just a little underwelmed. This is a good place for an extended business stay or family traveling together, the kitchenette could be very useful. Pool is small but okay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GKIHATENJ
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed at here many times over the years. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. But the hotel is showing it's age. When I last stayed, the door from the living area to the bedroom did not completely close. In addition, the bathroom door was hitting the transom, and you could see the bottom of the door flexing when you closed it. Needless to say it made a lot of noise in the middle of the night.

To be fair, the manager contacted me right after I filled out a survey and stated that they had fixed the doors.

There was no reading lamp by the sofa and chair, The only light to read by was a desk lamp with a low lumen bulb.

It is probably time for some room renovations at this hotel. Most other Residence Inns I stay at are newer and nicer, especially in the living area..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family