“One raw meal, one burnt meal”
Review of Mama Bella's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mama Bella's
Ranked #7 of 9 Restaurants in Bushkill
Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One raw meal, one burnt meal”
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My husband and I just returned from spending an extended weekend at Fernwood Hotel to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. I had heard good things about Mama Bella's so we decided to try it. BIG mistake. The service was terrible. Once we were seated a waitress approached and asked if she could get us anything to drink, informing us that they also had access to the bar next door and we could order anything we wanted from there, not just what was on the menu. Before we could say that we'd like a glass of wine and a beer she was gone and didn't return for over 15 minutes. After she delivered our drinks and we placed our order we didn't see her again for about 30 minutes - when she brought our food out. We never did receive our salads. About half way through his meal my husband realized that his veal, while browned on the outside, was raw in the middle. This at the same time as I was trying to finish chicken parmisean that was burnt. We attempted several times to flag down our waitress but she never even bothered to glance our way. I didn't want to cause a scene so I didn't yell out to her. Finally, I caught the eye of a hostess and she approached our table to ask if everything was OK. I told her no, it wasn't and showed her the raw meat. She said, "Oh, I'm really sorry about that" and stood there with a blank look on her face. After staring at us for a few minutes she said "I'll go see what I can do for you" When she came back out she informed us that, according to the chef, the meat wasn't raw, but had something rolled into it. We had already realized what was rolled into it and my husband and pulled that out when he was inspecting the meat to see if it was really raw. (it was) We informed her of this and she said "Oh, well, we'll give you half off that meal" and walked away. We waited 15 more minutes and no one brought the bill so I walked to the front to pay while my husband left. Once at the front I had to wait an additional 15 minutes while three employees fought over how the take the discount off the ticket. This was the worst dinning experience I've EVER had. (and we lived in Turkey for over 3 years) While we may consider visiting Fernwood again, they couldn't pay us enough to eat at Mama Bella's again.

1 Thank atackcat

Bloomingdale NJ
“wonderful atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed December 6, 2007

Warm, quaint and delightful. From the food to the friendly staff. We enjoyed our night out and our fine art feast for the eyes, included with our meal. Who wouldn't love fine italian food in a gallery atmosphere. We will include Mamma Bella's on every visit to the poconos.

A TripAdvisor Member
“The potential is there...”
Reviewed August 15, 2005

My fiance & I stayed at the Fernwood Resort for over a week in July 2005. During the time that we were there, we ate at Mama Bella's two times. The first time that we ate there was on the night that we arrived. The setting was beautiful. We even had a corner table placed near a rippling water sculpture. After a lovely Caesar salad was served, I feasted on the Italian version of surf & turf. It was a filet served over pasta with a garlic shrimp sauce. It was wonderful!!! My dinner was so pleasing that I wanted to return a second time. However, I should have kept the memories of the first time and gone somewhere else for the second meal.

The second time that we ate there, the waitress was clumsy and inept in her handling of her serving duties. In fact, she spilled a soda on me which caused us to have to change tables. She failed to check in on us to see how we were doing. She also failed to return with the items that we had requested. On top of that, my food was not good. I had pasta with vodka sauce which was particularly bland. The dessert, which I was too stuffed to eat the 1st time, was not good. It was a chocolate dish that I didn't even finish.

Overall, I think that Mama Bella's has potential. Just make sure that you get the right waiter.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member