“A very pleasant getaway”

Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bushkill
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“A very pleasant getaway”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with lots of restaurants, recreational activities, and amazing rooms. The beds here are the most comfortable of any hotel that I have ever been to. I prefers the lounge as my food preference because it was the most entertaining and served great food and drinks. Let's not forget the fantastic indoor pool (it was winter, so we did not use the outdoor pool) and the hot tub, which was extremely relaxing after a skiing day at Shawnee Mountain, which isn't too far away. We did not have the continental breakfast, as the reviews were not so great and there are many places around to order from. I have to say that the man working at the front desk was a little rude and one night it was about 10 pm and after asking where we could find or order food, he did not help us and left us on our own (we ended up eating peanuts from the vending machine). I also needed to take 2 elevators to get to my room which was very annoying. I understand the confusion that this hotel may cause. Finally, the wi-if here barely even works so don't bother and watch TV. All in all, a great stay that could be slightly improved :)

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the first weekend in November for a long weekend with my mom. The hotel itself is beautiful only a quarter mile from bushkill falls. Like other reviewers mentioned, finding where to check in was very confusing. They could stand to add some signs outside. The rooms are very nice however. Seemed to be recently modernized. Nice comfortable beds and bathrooms. The food at the bar was wonderful too. The first night I had filet mignon and it was delicious. The cosmos at the bar were very good too. My only complaint was that the place was empty on a Friday night. I felt bad for the guy singing in the bar because only 5 people were there. There were no people in the steakhouse next door as well. Saturday night was a little better. Try the beet fries! There is not much else to do restaurant wise in the area so I'm glad the restaurant was good.

My only complaint is the breakfast. For the quality of the hotel, I expected a hot breakfast. It was boring pastries and bagels. My gluten free mom had trouble finding anything she could eat. Very disappointing. No water out as well!

Mom and I had spa appointments as well. It was very beautiful inside. One of the nicest I've been to in awhile.

All in all, we had a wonderful mother daughter weekend and were pleased with the hotel.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ts13sievers
Astoria, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel stay was great for our weekend getaway with the kids. There are plenty of activities for children like Archery, swimming, a large theater room room with ping pong, air hockey, pool tables, board games, Foosball, hoops game, etc, and all included. There is also a separate game room with video games etc which you need to pay for. There were organized activities like an ice cream social and bonfire with Smores. The complex is rather large with many areas to congregate. The staff is all about trying to please guests we found.
The steakhouse restaurant is really a hidden gem. We were surprised that the food would rival great NYC restaurants even in a remote location like this. I had the short rib and it was excellent. The trio of soups were outstanding. Prices were reasonable considering the quality. We had lunch in the lounge which was very good. Kid's meal's available at both restaurants were much better than typically found. Breakfast was good with an assortment of muffins, danishes, cereals, breads/bagels, juices, fruit, etc.
It's very evident that the management of the hotel and the restaurants are well trained and really care about their clientele. They go above an beyond what you find at most hotels.
We stayed in the 2 queen room which was modern and about the size you would expect it should be. There was room for a roll away bed to easily fit. This was our second visit. The first time we stayed in a suite which was really beautiful. We tried to get one this time but the hotel had none left which was our only disappointment. I would recommend the suite if you are looking for more room and the privacy from the kids.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank neil453
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We just spent the weekend there with family. To our surprise its compatible to a 4 star hotel. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. Pillow top mattresses and beautiful bathrooms. It looks like the whole hotel was recently renovated and they did a super job. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013
Monroe, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

i was there for a Saturday, the hotel is huge, and they have a nice playground across, a beautiful indoor and outdoor pool, with a bar and restaurant inside open till late. i took advantage of them all and had a great time!...
the rooms are pretty small, but very nice and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A hotel is more than an efficient check-in, friendly service and clean rooms. It's also how well the staff and management deal with disruptive guests. Our stay at Bushkill was affected by a loud party. We never saw so many unsupervised children running through the hallways of a hotel. Sometimes an older child or adult would coordinate activities/games in the hallway outside our door by after 10:00 PM and in the morning. While the children were polite and not unruly, they were loud. It doesn't help that the walls are thin. Management was understanding the next morning, saying they could have moved us to another area of the hotel. But why didn't they consider putting us away from the block of rooms from the party upon check-in? I've held off writing this review because I thought I might go back and give them another chance; however, there are many places I'll try before returning.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from any groups.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My friends and I were at the Bushkill Inn and Conference center for a close friends bachelorette party at the beginning of October. The overall stay at the hotel was decent. The rooms were large and clean, the breakfast service was what was expected. However, our dinner was ruined by a lack of service and general unconcern.

We made reservations for the Lounge for 8:00p.m. We arrived promptly at 8:00p.m. and were unaware that the hotel was in the middle of hosting a democratic convention in one of the meeting rooms. We were not told on the phone that the lounge would be understaffed and ill-prepared to accommodate our group of nine girls.

Upon arrival, our waitress was already over-stressed and that was understandable. We then proceeded to wait almost 40 minutes for our drinks (soda, water, tea, and wine). We did not order any specialty drinks. We also ordered both our food and appetizers at the same time. We received our appetizers after being at the table for almost an hour and fifteen minutes. At roughly two hours of being in the lounge we were finally presented our main meal.

The one girl at our table cannot eat anything spicy, she order the California barbecue chicken (which did not specify it was spicy) and it was so spicy that she could only eat two bites. When the waitress came over almost twenty minutes after we received our food, to ask how everything was, my friend stated she was not able to eat her sandwich because it was too spicy. The waitress response was "so what do you want me to do, take it off your bill?" (At this point the attitude we were receiving from her almost caused us to walk out before we received our appetizers, however we gave her the benefit of the doubt).

At one point the chef came out and apologized. At least, it was sort of an apology. It was explained that there was a convention going on and the lack of service was explained. However, we were told that the convention and steakhouse had priority over us. It was very disappointing.

At the end of our horrible dinner service we received the bills (which we asked to have split into three meals on each, minus the one my friend was having comped). We receive the bills with 1/3 of each meal on each bill. She also did not remove my friends meal. We called it over and explained it to her, and she left in a huff to remove the meal (even though she said she would in the first place). She came back 10 minutes later and said "I can't get it to come off this one, just take 3 dollars off." We paid and left the dining room stressed, upset, and wishing we would have chose somewhere else to eat.

The fact of the matter is we understood and we were willing to overlook the service being somewhat slow due to the conference. There were three things that really disappointed my friends and I.

1. After the lounge slowed down the service did not speed up, the service was the worst I've ever experienced.

2. The waitresses attitude (although over-stressed from the situation) was completely unacceptable.

3. After poor service and the attitude we received, there was no offer from anyone in the restaurant staff to comp more off our bill and or lower the tip amount. There was no way our tip should have been 18% even if we were a larger group with the service we received.

I very much enjoyed my massage that I received from the Spa on staff. That was the most enjoyable thing about my weekend. Up until we had our dinner I wanted to come back to get a massage with my husband. However, that experience made me realize that if I do go to get a massage that would be the only thing I would do. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone, based on the experiences we had. I was highly disappointed in the way we were treated.

I emailed this letter to the hotel manager and never received a response or an apology. If you're going to stay here, I would not recommend using their restaurant services. This is a bummer because there really isn't anything good close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LilMsVixn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Bushkill Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!