Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pocono Palace Resort(Marshalls Creek)
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
  • Breakfast included
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee(Shawnee on Delaware)
  • Pool
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
  • Breakfast included
Shawnee River Village 2(Shawnee on Delaware)
View Hotel
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
Depuy Townhouses(Shawnee on Delaware)
  • Pool
All reviewsbushkill fallsindoor poolqueen suitelobby barheated floorskeurig machinestand up showerbathroom floorjacuzzi tubmini fridgenice sizenice weekendpaddle boatsmain buildingget awaythis past weekendgame
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was reluctant to go on a family vacation to a place that had "conference center" in the name of the hotel but was pleasantly surprised. The facility is kept very clean and there was so much to do for kids nearby (zip lining, canoes, kayaks, tubing without snow, horseback riding, archery, etc.). I would definitely go back and think that with enough positive reviews, this place will become even more crowded as it's a great place to visit for a long weekend or even a few days.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room you select but if you want to sleep in, request to be away from the elevators
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm honestly shocked that this place has so many "Excellent" reviews. While there were good moments, there were also MANY bad. I stayed here for 3 nights with my husband. I'll go through step-by-step.

ACCOMMODATIONS
We had an Exterior King Jacuzzi Suite. The room itself, though the layout was strange, was very nice. The room was clean and all furniture (couches, bed, etc.) were very comfortable. There was a sitting area; couch, chair, table, fridge and TV. Then there was the "bedroom". I put it in quotes, because the sitting area and the bedroom are one big room, separated by a half wall and a couple steps. The website makes it seem as if they're two separate rooms. The "bedroom" also had a TV, the bed, of course, two side tables and a large closet. The closet contained two robes (which were soft and comfortable) and a safe. There was a clock radio on one side table, with an IPOD dock and a phone on the opposite side table. The phone had a large screen that remained lit up and was honestly very bright and annoying while we tried to sleep (there was no way to turn it off). Then, there was the bathroom. The bathroom was HUGE. The jacuzzi tub was spacious and very nice. There was also a separate shower. The obnoxious thing about the shower was that there was NO shelf to put your soap/shampoo on. We had to place everything on the floor. Another "quirk" with the bathroom was the scale. Why anybody would want to weigh themselves on vacation is strange to me and it seems to me like that was money that should have been put towards putting microwaves in the rooms instead. That's right, no microwave. You could rent one for $10/day. PLEASE.

There were a couple other questionable things about our room. When we first arrived, there was a "present" in our toilet. Yes, obviously housekeeping has to use the bathrooms at some point, but flush the toilet then! It made me question the thoroughness of their cleaning, though I didn't notice anything that seemed unclean. ALL other types of room in the resort had key cards for access, except the Exterior King Jacuzzi Suite. We were given a set of two keys (one for the lock and one for the bolt) and we had to sign a paper, agreeing that if we lost the keys, we'd have to pay $100 to replace them. The doors were glass double doors. There was a curtain around the doors for privacy, BUT, when you would leave the room, there was no physical way to close that curtain from the outside, so your room would be exposed to any passerby. We would have to move our belongings out of sight, any time we intended to leave the room for a significant amount of time. It made me a bit uncomfortable.

Lastly, the exterior suites were set apart from the hotel itself. There were roads leading to the suites and you could use them to drive up and unload your luggage, but you could not park there. So, we had to park in the guest lot and walk (uphill, might I add) all the way to our room. Any time we wanted to go somewhere, it was a trip just to get to and from our car. ALSO, if you wanted ice or anything else from the main hotel, you had to walk there (why not put ice/vending machines in an accessible place for exterior rooms?). I don't mind walking, but I wish it had been mentioned somewhere on their website. Between that and the whole key/door situation, we probably would have considered a different room.

THE STAFF
Friendly and courteous. No matter who, no matter when, we were always greeted with a smile. They were often apologetic when we had an issue (or even a non-issue...it seems like they were used to apologizing), which is unfortunate for them.

AMENITIES/ACTIVITIES
The soaps, shampoos, etc. in the room were very nice. A pleasant smell and plenty of them. There were also shower caps and packages with q-tips and cotton balls, which we did not use. The fridge was great; very large and nice and cold. The Keurig coffee maker was a nice addition, however, there was no regular coffee (decaf and tea only). We ended up buying a box of k-cups from the store. Worth it in the end for us, but a bit of an inconvenience. The bottled water was also great to have. They gave 4 bottles to start with and gladly gave more whenever we asked.

The "complimentary" breakfast. A bit of a laugh. Perhaps I'm spoiled from other hotels, but I've never experienced a complimentary breakfast with no hot items...none. There was nothing but stale bagels, toast, cereal, green bananas and grapefruit. I found it amusing that they took down our room number when we entered...like "oh no, they may sneak back and try to steal extra stale bagels!" Yes, it's nice that it's offered. They don't HAVE to include breakfast, but it wasn't the LEAST bit worthwhile. People that have claimed that the breakfast is good surely must be kidding...I'm not a food snob by any means, but seriously? We ended up getting breakfast elsewhere the other two mornings of our stay. There's a deli down the road which makes some tasty sandwiches (breakfast and lunch)!

There were two pools on the resort, as well as a lake with paddle boats, a basketball court, a tennis court, a game room (pin ball machines, air hockey, etc.), as well as archery, volleyball and a variety of other activities. We didn't do any of these, so I can't comment, but we DID go hiking in the trails. Trails...trails are an understatement. The trails clearly haven't been tended to in quite some time. Overgrown weeds, deep puddles with stagnant water and then after about a mile or so, the trail just abruptly comes to an end. We enjoyed the exercise (not that we really needed it after the constant hikes to and from the car) and the fresh air. Plus, we got to see some beautiful deer. The trails need work though. If you want to spend the extra money, visit Bushkill Falls. It's absolutely gorgeous there (and well-tended to) and it's within walking distance from the hotel.

It seems like a LOT in this hotel needs work. It has potential. it COULD be truly great. If they did renovations, changed some of their policies and most importantly changed their rates. What you pay per room currently should be illegal, considering what you get. There was a $10/day "resort fee" tacked onto our bill. I was annoyed that we were charged extra on top of our room rate and taxes, but after waiting on a line to check out, I didn't feel like taking the time to argue it. Like I said...hits and misses. More misses than hits, hence the rating. There aren't many other options for places to stay in the immediate area, but even if we returned, we'd stay elsewhere farther away and drive the extra miles to visit Bushkill Falls. The cost and the frustrations weren't worth the convenience of being close!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimochi11
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just returned from a Labor Day trip to Bushkill area. The stay at the Bushkill Inn was very enjoyable, not sure why the recent reviews were so negative. There are not many places in the Poconos anymore that I would recommend, but this place is one of them. We had a Queen Junior Suite on the second floor. It was extremely clean and very well decorated. The remodeling in the rooms and common areas were very well done. It's nice to have a place with an indoor and outdoor pool so you can swim whatever the weather turns out to be. The cold breakfast was more than adequate and there was never an issue any of the service we received. We were only there for the weekend and did a lot of things offsite. The kids however did enjoy the paddle boats. The only negative was they ran out of regular coffee for the in room coffee makers. I would recommend this place as THE place to stay in the eastern Pocono area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

One mishap after another here!! If you are fine with a "resort" that has decent rooms and you just need a place to sleep while exploring the area, then it is fine. Otherwise, I would move on. Do not expect great service from most of the staff (but Ophelia was excellent). Our trip started off by our parent's surprise gift basket getting delivered to the wrong room. It also did not have the chocolate-covered strawberries in it that we had requested a month ago (and it cost $50). The "Kid's Club" outside building (looked to be in disrepair) was not open and there were no scheduled activities for them during the week. We requested horseshoes and were told to wait at the field while we played archery and someone would bring them, but no one never came. We went swimming and a developmentally disabled man stripped naked in front of my young daughter and attempted to go into the pool, unsupervised. I overheard a staff member say , "This is the third complaint." There was no regular coffee in the room and the front desk person told me that they "ran out." We were disappointed that there were no eggs at breakfast, even though we had been told there would be. Our parent's room (this was an anniversary gift) was the wrong type of room, but we were getting charged too high (they fixed it after our report). And I feel awful for the staff. They apparently live on the property and are working double/triple shifts. We kept seeing the same people working in different areas. Poor George looked exhausted. THere is a high population of Orthodox, but the private swim times, etc did not affect us. Staff seemed confused at times about what was going on.

Room Tip: Just make sure you get the room you are paying for
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

For years and years, our family has traveled to this area of the Poconos and stayed at this hotel which had been family owned and called The Pocmont. Several years ago, the hotel changed hands and was bought up by a big company and the name was changed to Bushkill Inn. Sadly, it is a mere shell of what it once was. Gone are many of the amenities and the hospitality that this hotel was known for. Yes, the hotel is very clean, but there are many, many clean places to stay that are far less expensive and more hospitable. The hotel's reception area is not located in a convenient place and was actually difficult to find initially. The hotel was not nearly full, but we were given a room right across from the game room where loud machines were located. When I called the front desk, I was assured that the game room would be closed by 10 PM. The room was never closed up and the noise kept me up most of the night until I finally left the room and closed the doors to the game room myself. When I called to complain in the morning, I was offered a late check out, then $30 off the price of the room. I wasn't happy even when they offered me $50 off the price (the room still cost over $200 for the night). I was told the manger would call me the following day, but I never received the call. Needless to say, I would never return to this place. Also, just know that no real meal is included in this over-blown price. This used to be all inclusive, but now all you get is a sparse continental breakfast. The rest of the meals are either served in the hotel's lounge or their Steak house, both of which have the same menu. The dining room (which in their newsletter claims is open for dinner) is only used for the small breakfast they offer.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, make sure you are nowhere near the game room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple