“Hiking, Looking, Stopping, and Looking Some More!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bushkill Falls

Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Bushkill
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bushkill Falls, a series of eight cascading waterfalls, is one of the state’s most popular outdoor destinations. Nestled in the Pocono Mountains, the Falls – known as the Niagara of Pennsylvania –are a favorite of hikers, fishermen, birdwatchers and all those who treasure the nature’s beauty. Closed November - April.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fishers, Indiana, United States
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Hiking, Looking, Stopping, and Looking Some More!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a fabulous place! Great price in retrospect ($12.50/adult), plenty of room, friendly people to meet on miles of trail ("red" trail...), breathtaking scenery, clean trails, defect-free steps/bridges/stairs, and an excellent time of exercise (see previous mention of "red" trail). Lots of options for visitors on four trails, but bride and I opted to max it out. SO GLAD we wore good hiking shoes on a recent cool, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky day...buy a bottle (per person) of cold water before departing the ticket building and don't be in a hurry. We absolutely recommend going to the right/counter-clockwise if you do the red trail, by the way. Besides the amazing scenery and beauty, just think a few minutes about how in the world the trails and steps and walkways were built in the first place and you will feel that ANY part of the reasonable entrance fee that finds its way to "trail maintenance" is well spent...there are some s-t-u-n-n-I-n-g overlooks and sometimes the overlook is over nothing! This is so worth making a trip to see it in September....I'm guessing in the fall it gets dangerous because it would be so stunning, you not be watching your step. We didn't buy anything in the gift shop or outfitter store, by the way, but does anyone *really* buy hiking shoes 150 feet from the start of the trail? Nice treats and snack bar are available, but we didn't eat anything in either one. Best $25 we've spent enjoying spectacular beauty in the area.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Westchester, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for all ages!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was a lot of fun. We have a 2-month and a 6-year old. The baby slept in the carrier while I hiked the two easiest trials to the falls. Our son stuck with my husband for the rest, going all the way down to the falls. It was a great adventure for him. IT DOES COST TO HIKE. I don't know much about hiking, but I'm sure you usually don't have to pay to stomp around the woods. Also, they say it's the "Niagara Falls of Pennsylvania." They must have won that title by default. The falls are beautiful, but nowhere near as grand as Niagara.

The maze and mining was a lot of fun. But not everything is open all at once. The general store opens first, then the trail, then the trading post, then the maze. I'm not sure if/when the mini golf opened. The trading post allows you to buy bags for the mining, but they didn't tell us that if you wait for the maze to open you get a discount for buying a maze & mining combo.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sharon D
Clinton, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Pay to hike -- no way!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Did not investigate this before we drove here except that we found a pamphlet describing it. It is basically a tourist trap with shops/attractions at the beginning of hiking trails that you have to PAY to hike. Around $13 an adult. Like to hike but just wasn't going to pay the price.

3 Thank kjgardeski
mechanicsville, MD
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Wonderful outdoors scenic "hike"!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is one of the fee areas in the Delaware Water Gap area -- admission is about $13 per adult, but don't let that stop you from going! The views are wonderful, but what really makes it great is all the bridges and stairs. There are 4 trails to choose from, so if you want to make a shorter or less difficult walk of it, you still get to see the best parts - you could even do the same walk several times - we seriously considered doing all of them (many run parallel at places), but it actually did take the 2 1/4 hours to do the longest trail (red).n a hot, humid day it might be a bit much to do the longer trails if one is not a frequent hiker, but in the fall - sheer bliss!

(LOTS of stairs)

There is a small wildlife museum and gift shop. I believe there is a snack bar, but it was not open at this time of year.

Rural MD
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A beautiful day!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went camping at nearby campground. We went to Bushkill Falls with an experienced hiker (thank goodness!). The scenery was breathtaking from so many angles. Need I say I took my camera, also my water & my walking stick. LOTS of steps-- I could feel it sometimes-- but well worth every step. A couple of hours of blissful beauty!