“Bed Bug City”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
NY
“Bed Bug City”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I stayed the weekend of Thanksgiving with my husband. The first night was ok, but woke up with bed bug bites which we thought were mosquito bites at first. The second morning we woke up with more bed bug bites. We called the hotel manager and customer service as well as the sales office. They stated the unit was inspected and didn't have any signs of bed bugs. So needless to say they did absolutely nothing to clean the unit. They never called me back!!! I happen to be a villa owner at this resort. Well I will never step foot at that resort again. We also took the bed bugs home with us and had to have the whole house sprayed down by a professional exterminator! We had a horrible month in Dec. and very expensive to treat! Never go to this resort is my advice! The rooms need to be updated and they just don't care! Whoever went to this unit after us probably had the same problem.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nancy465

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We've stayed at the Villas at Fairway a few times now and this is actually my third review. Our first experience at the villas was very positive. However, our second stay (in a two-bedroom villa) was borderline disastrous. I vowed to NEVER stay in a two bedroom there again. So when we invited friends of the family along with us for the weekend, we reserved two three bedroom villas for the weekend of October 29-Nov 1 2009. The villas were clean and well appointed as usual, but to our dismay the villa designated for our guests was infested with, of ALL things--Ladybugs!!!!!

I actually love ladybugs, but in small doses. If it were one or two I wouldn't have complained, but there were clusters of what had to have been several dozen ladybugs nesting in the corners throughout the villa. We called the front desk, who sent over a rep from housekeeping who informed my husband and I that the ladybug infestation happened when it got cooler outdoors and this was a regular occurrence in the villas. Housekeeping and maintenance was very nonchalant about or predicament...So, I don't need to tell you the fit I had withe the rep and the front desk staff!!! I love ALL God's creatures, great and small and ladybugs happen to be a fav of mine, but they are in fact BUGS and cohabitating with hundreds of insects for the weekend was by no means acceptable.

The staff did assign another villa, but when we opened the front door, it smelled as if Pepe Le Pew and his whole family had just checked out! The place had been skunked and BAAAAAD!!!! I opened the doors, turned on the ceiling and exhaust fans, but after a couple hours of airing out, the stench was still unbearable and they had to be reassigned yet again : (.....

The third time was a charm, I guess you can say. The villa was clean and NO BUGS or SKUNKS! The hotel staff was very accommodating and even waived the cleaning fees for the second villa. They are under new management, and on a positive note I can say they were very helpful in solving our dilemmas. We had a pleasant stay and plan to stay there again in the near future. And though I DON'T recommend the two bedroom villas unless some SERIOUS updating and renovating is done, I would stay in a three or four bedroom anytime...Btw, I had a visitor in my kitchen cupboard the other day....Yes, it seems one of our ladybug friends caught a lift back to Jersey with us......LOOOOOL!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nasihah
home
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I don't know about all the bad reviews but we have stayed there 3 years during Christmas week and never had a problem, luck perhaps ! While it's not the Hopinest place or the most modern we enjoy going for the week of Christmas and its only 2 1/2 hrs from home. Its close to family in wilkes barre so they can visit us. 1 time we had a 3 bedroom unit which was top of the line ! No doubt ! other 2 times we had 2 bedroom and was not as bad as reviews portrayed ! To each his own I guess, thats what makes the world go around ! Enjoy

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank jenningsam
Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My wife and I just returned today from 3 days at Fairway Villas. We stayed in Unit 3819 which was a newer 3 bedroom unit, very spacious and well-appointed with a large jacuzzi and private sauna in the master bedroom. The 3800 section units are the newer ones and, from the looks of the other sections, I would not stay in any of the others. The check in process was not welcoming at all. When we questioned the check in clerk whether our unit had a jacuzzi and sauna she said it did not, wrongfully thank God! She and an older man with a bad toupee were disinterested and unhelpful. The Fernwood Hotel lobby where you have to check in is depressing. It felt to me like going into a rest stop on the Mass Pike with its tacky food court, shabby furniture and all-around 1960 ambiance. It desperately needs a total overhaul. We did not bother to return to the hotel for the rest of our stay. The unit itself is starting to show signs of deferred maintenance, like trim painting. One bothersome thing was the lack of sufficient hot water for the jacuzzi and shower. The maintenance man who came at our request told us that these units had very small hot water tanks which puzzled us as it was a three bedroom unit. There were only 2 of us there and if we had had more people staying with us it would have been worse. Also, we were awakened by security at 4:00 a.m. this morning as our alarm system had a false alarm. The security person said it may have been a faulty system. We were give no instructions as to how to work it and this incident was a nuisance that should not have occurred. The tv's in each room were small and very old and should be upgraded. The kitchen was roomy and nicely equipped, though it would not hurt to supply guests with a few coffee filters and salt and pepper in the shakers. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were rock hard. If you are driving here, bring your own like we did. The location is great - near the southern edge of the Delaware Water Gap which is great for boating and hiking, as is the Pocono Environ. Education Center and Bushkill Falls, both with great hiking trails. Miggy's Deli nearby is great for take out food and Petrizzo's Restaurant also close is worthwhile for good food. We would come back here for the spacious unit and proximity to hiking trails.

t

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Equity
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2009

If you want to get ripped off this is the place. The room was DIRTY, everything smelled of mold and the furniture was old and very scratched.. The restuarant in the hotle was VERY slow waited an hour for a cheesesteak sub. The people at guest check in were rude!! To top it off I WAS CHARGED TWICE for the SAME STAY.. I would defintitley NOT recommend this place to my worst enemy or any friend. The hot tub didn't work and there was trash around the pools and hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank ljtravlrs

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

NEW YORK
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Don't believe the other reviews. I stayed at the villa at the treetops and i had an awesome time. The land is huge and the staff is very nice. My recommendation is that, when u check in request a refuburished villa. The indoor and outdoor pools are nice. At the hotel, there is a sauna and fitness room. The food at wintergreens is good and fair price. Villa at the treetop is a nice place to stay for a week. you place your garbage in front of your villa only because where else you going to put it. Throughout the day, there is staff in trucks picking up the garbages.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FIGUEROA01
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2009

After reading the reviews prior to our trip needless to say I was very nervous about what we'd be walking into. We arrived on a Thursday evening (8 pm). The front desk staff was very friendly and check in was very quick. The front desk was very helpful and friendly each time we talked to them. It was hard to find our villa to get around the resort because it is so big. My family thought the accomodations were very nice. Not "5 star " but not as bad as the reviews I read made it sound. The outdoor pool was nice, clean. My husband and son golfed and the staff at the pro shop were also very nice and the golf course seemed very well maintained. When we were there the gardeners were making changes and planting flowers, they too were friendly. We took the bus trip to New York City and rode on the nicest coach bus I've ever been on with a very good tour guide. It is located in a small mountain village, so there isn't a whole lot to do but the area does seem to be becoming more populated with fast food restaurants opening. It is a nice place to go when you want to get away and enjoy peace and the beauty of nature.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank travelers_r_us_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,000 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!