“Resort is old...grounds are not picked up, lots of litter.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
selmer, tn
“Resort is old...grounds are not picked up, lots of litter.”
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed in the Tree Top Villas. They were clean, but quite old, and in need of some upgrading. Wall paper was coming off in spots, and paint needed freshening. The biggest dissappointment was the amount of trash on the grounds. We took a horse back tour (not impressed with trail) and there was trash all along the trail. There was trash behind our villa. The area was not kept up.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
PA
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I have been going to this resort for the past 10 years and stayed in the hotel, treetops and fairway. I take insult to the bad reviews. If you want a 5 star room experience, you should stay at a 5 star hotel. Fernwood is a clean, comfortable, respectable and fun place and to tell other people anything different is unfair. Fernwood is a great place to hang out with your family and/or friends. I recently purchased a timeshare, because my family and I enjoy it so much. Yes they could upgrade a bit, but the rooms aren't dirty. Shuttle service around resort is great; timely and friendly - I miss the juke box diner on site, but there is always Muller's diner up the road. Trolley Stop pub is fun and the pub food is good; the prices are very reasonable. Mamma Bella's seems costly, but I haven't eaten there recently to say whether or not it is worth it. Wintergreens is more family oriented and the food and prices are accordingly. The 1 and 2 bdrm villas are very spacious. You are in the poconos, there are many many things to see and do in the area; there is something for everyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PaLucy
CT
Reviewed March 23, 2009

If you are a non-smoker...this is not the place for you. The entire unit reeked of smoke and we couldn't even sleep in the master bedroom. Used an entire bottle of Febreze and still stunk. We left after 3 days of a weeks rental. No one seemed to care that it was bothersome to us.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fitnut

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We called the day before and were told of our accomidations at the Tree Tops, but we were put into the Fairway Villas when we got there. You had to wait an hour or more for check-in (on a Sunday). The rooms there were damp and moldy and kicked up my wife's and son's allergies big time. We had to drive to anything within the resort. The pools were always full and the mini-golf has bolders as the border which made for some unual bounces and off-course running. The A/C was not balanced properly as the basement would freeze unless you put the thermostat at 80. Their "fine" restaurant, Mama Bella, was high priced, but not as advertised. They couldn't even make angel hair pasta correctly. When asking to correct the problem, we were told it would take 30 minutes to make new pasta(???). One of the worst things is that they have people put their garbage outside of their unit which sometimes blocks the walking area and doesn't help the atmosphere. They drive trucks around the sidewalks to pick this garbage up. How about more trash containers and let people throw out their own trash!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Granby-Gobbler
Maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I arrived at the Tree Top Villa on Sunday, February 22, 2009. When I walked into my assigned villa, I couldn't believe my eyes. Everything about that villa was a disaster. The highest powerful dynamite would have been the correct thing to do to get them started on refurbishing, and I'm serious. I immediately called the front desk and requested a cleaner/updated model. The front desk clerk told me to come back to the service desk and she will assign me another room. Well, the second villa was livable. However, the bedroom furniture was not updated. The mattress on that bed had to be at least 20 years old. Everything in that bedroom and I mean everything needs to be thrown out, including the bed spread. The bathroom blinds needed to be cleaned or replaced, but replaced with me the better word to use. The pipes need some type of installation because when you turn the water on or flush the toilet all you here is knocking noises. The bottom line is that Tree Top Villa is in need for a major overhaul before they invite anybody else for a visit. I know I wouldn't recommend anyone to that resort until after the overhaul, and then that needs to be inspected after the overhaul. Oh, villa 1169-A does not need to be assigned to anybody until they upgrade everything in that villa. I hope nobody else have to experience a disaster such as that villa. Tree Top management needs to do a walk thru and shut down all the old villas.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cadillac05
New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We visited The Villas at Tree Tops & Fairway for Thanksgiving in November 2008. We are a family of 6 and were looking forward to a relaxing weekend stay. We stayed on a referral from a friend and were put in the Villas accomodations. When we entered the Villa it was like we stepped into the Twilight Zone. The place was full of outdated furniture from the 60's, everything was old and the place had a stale odor in the air. The dresser in the bedroom had mismatched knobs on it and the so called jacuzzi had chipped paint. The appliances were another monstrosity. The toaster only toasted on one side, the dishwasher looked like an animal had crawled up and died in it. Additionally, there was really no place nice on the property to grab a quick bite. They have a so called "food court" with a walk up Pizza Hut and Carvel etc. Not even a nice Deli to speak of. If we hadnt given a deposit which required our attendance at a timeshare presentation the next day, we would have left the very same evening we arrived. The fake fireplace looked like someone bled on it. The fake flowers looked like they hadn't been dusted in years. The sad part about it was that our whole family slept in our clothes and covered the pillows with our own shirts so as not to have our bodies touch any of the bedding. Not to mention that one of the hand towels in the bathroom had a stain on it and they still twisted it into a fun fan shape...what nerve.

This place was absolutely, positively in such poor taste that to be called an actual Villa should have been a crime! We complained to the timeshare staff about the accomodations and advised them that if they wanted to sell something, they might want to put people in much better accomodations. I wouldn't let my dog stay in that place and that is the truth! We checked out the very next day even though we had another night's stay.

The positive part about the whole experience was that when we arrived home, the entire family was so thankful to be sleeping in a clean, comfortable, beautiful home that it really helped us appreciate how blessed we are to have such a beautiful home. We left our home to go stay in the equivalent of a bad motel!!!

Shame on The Villas at Treetop for the audacity to even offer those accomodations up to anyone, no matter if they were free. The expectation that someone would buy anything from them after an experience like that is absurd!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank playhard4life
Coral1068
Reviewed February 4, 2009

After reading these scary reviews AFTER I booked my timeshare I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Fernwood. We traveled all the way from FLorida and arrived on one of the coldest nights PA has had in 30 years!!! Check in was awesome...I had requested to get a unit that had been remodeld knowing they were in the process after reading reviews. We stayed at TreeTops in a 1 bedroom. Well the unti I would not call remodeled but there was new carpeting and new furniture and you could tell they tiled the bathrooms. Overall, was fine, I am really anal about cleaning rooms so a quick wipedown with Lysol did the trick.
My kids had never seen snow so this was the perfect weekend to come up to the Poconos!! They were sledding in the backyard!!! We also went tubing..The only real downfall was that after all is said and done there is NOTHING to do..my hubby and I hung out at the Trolley Loung (which has GREAT chicken wings!!) while the kids were in the gameroom but other than that and playing outside,skiing,etc, there is no nightlife and NOTHING available during the day. We even took a ride to the outlet shops one day..This of course is not the resorts fault and there is probably more to do when it is not snowing and freezing!!!
Overall we were happy we stayed there but would probably pick another area next time due to lack of activities.

• Disliked — Located in Bushkill where there is nothing to do !!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Coral1068
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!