“Was better than we expected!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Coral1068
“Was better than we expected!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

After reading these scary reviews AFTER I booked my timeshare I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Fernwood. We traveled all the way from FLorida and arrived on one of the coldest nights PA has had in 30 years!!! Check in was awesome...I had requested to get a unit that had been remodeld knowing they were in the process after reading reviews. We stayed at TreeTops in a 1 bedroom. Well the unti I would not call remodeled but there was new carpeting and new furniture and you could tell they tiled the bathrooms. Overall, was fine, I am really anal about cleaning rooms so a quick wipedown with Lysol did the trick.
My kids had never seen snow so this was the perfect weekend to come up to the Poconos!! They were sledding in the backyard!!! We also went tubing..The only real downfall was that after all is said and done there is NOTHING to do..my hubby and I hung out at the Trolley Loung (which has GREAT chicken wings!!) while the kids were in the gameroom but other than that and playing outside,skiing,etc, there is no nightlife and NOTHING available during the day. We even took a ride to the outlet shops one day..This of course is not the resorts fault and there is probably more to do when it is not snowing and freezing!!!
Overall we were happy we stayed there but would probably pick another area next time due to lack of activities.

• Disliked — Located in Bushkill where there is nothing to do !!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Coral1068

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Milton, Delaware
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Here is the deal. This is not a 5 star or 4 star resort, but neither are the prices. You pretty much get what you pay for here.

We rented the 2 bedroom villa. I loved the lay out of condo. Plenty of room. Especially liked having a washer and dryer to handle all snowy/wet clothes/outerwear. The villa was a little bit dated but clean.

My biggest complaint was check in, I waited almost 45 minutes in line to do the same.

We had a great time at the tubing hill and my son and his friend loved sledding in the backyard of our villa.

We will go back again. It was an economical getaway for us.

• Liked — Plenty of room.
  • Disliked — Decor a little bit dated.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jmom99
Marlton,NJ
Reviewed January 12, 2009

To tell you the truth, I was so worried about staying at Fernwood after reading numerous reviews. I planned a week-end with 15 friends and some stayed at the hotel while others rented a villa. I was one that stayed at the villa and we had a blast. The villa was in pretty good shape.(ask for a villa in the 3400's) You can never expect much from a Pocono Resort but Fernwood held its own.
We had breakfast at the Jukebox Diner and it was good and cheap. I am a germ freak, I brought my own Lysol wipes and wiped everything down but it was pretty clean. The food court was small but clean. The hotel rooms were a little old but the furniture has been updated. Overall, we had a really nice time.
You just need to remind yourself that it's the Poconos not some Aspen resort. We will be going back!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christine68
Brooklyn
Reviewed December 13, 2008

I don't know where to start and I am trying to be fair and maybe not think that I expected too much, but here goes. We got to check in about 7PM. I was with my wife and four girls and we were all looking forward to a great time there. From what we were told by Tree Tops on the phone and by what we saw on their website we thought we were going to have a great weekend getaway. Check in was quick, but after check in is when I started feeling like I was in a movie by M. Night Shyamalan. The hotel was dingy and the food at the hotel was not good at all. After eating the food all i could do was pray that we wouldn't get sick. Also the hotel was very crowded. There were a lot of groups of people in vans and im not too sure exactly why they were there. It just felt weird.

After we ate we went to the game room which made my M. Night Shyamalan feeling even worse. It was dark and the games were old and broken. We stayed in a loft type spot and didn't do anything else but watch TV. There was nothing else to do. The next morning I had to sit in on a presentation to see if i wanted to purchase a timeshare. I went there thinking I would give it a chance and listen to the presentation. I had to sit and listen to a sales pitch for two hours and things just didn't make sense to me. I felt pressured into having to buy something and it just didnt feel right. After the presentation I was not too happy. I packed everything and took my girls back home. Needless to say we were all very disappointed.

Not for me.

• Disliked — There seemed to be a hidden cost for everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank thecheckwriter

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Westchester County, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2008

I booked my stay at the Tree Tops through RCI and after reading some of these reviews I was tempted to cancel but figured I would see for myself. When my gf and I arrived we were placed in a disgusting, dingy, dusty, broken down villa. I even told the woman at the check in desk I read very bad reviews and would like to be placed in a refurbished villa. Her comment "there all the same sir"... BS, they are not. Anyway, after realizing the room was garbage... my gf and I go back to the check in desk and ask the woman if there is anything else available that has been refurbished... the villa we were placed in was clearly not. I guess this happens frequently because the woman gave us a set of keys without officially switching our rooms over in the computer and said "take a look at this villa and let me know if you are happy with it". We thought that was very nice of them and we ended up LOVING the new villa. It was refurbished, clean and with a much better view of the tree's in the distance. Had we not moved villas our experience would have been awful... since we moved to the new villa, our memories are pleasant ones. Bottom line, DO NOT settle for the non-refurbished rooms and make it a point at check in to let them know you will not stay in a non refurbished room unless you really don't mind that sorta thing.

• Liked — the scenery
  • Disliked — the non-refurbished room we were initially placed in.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 208Jay
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Aug 16, 2008
Based on reading other reviews, and having returned today from a wonderful week at a villa on the 17th green, it sounds like some units have been refurbished, and we were lucky enough to have stayed in one that had.
There was beautiful new furniture, carpeting, tile, wallpaper, and paint in our 2 bedroom plus loft villa.
We used RCI to book a week at Fernwood instead of the Wyndham properties that we actually have our timeshare with, as they have few locations in the Northeast to stay at.
While nostalgia is flaunted at the resort (think Dirty Dancing) and history abounds in pictures around the property (and the Jukebox Diner restaurant on site), the villa was modern with all the comforts of home. (It was however, the first time we had to go buy our own shampoo and laundry detergent.)
The Trolley Stop Pub had excellent fare, but the waitress was not as prompt as one would have desired. Upon request, she would bring patrons their check.
The A/C and heat functioned well, which you need both as the upper lofts can get hot while the lower bedrooms are chilly.
The variety of both indoor and outdoor pools abound, and the miniature golf course was a blast.
We never attended the many events for guest, instead taking our 3 teenagers to Bushkill Falls and Camelbeach Waterpark. The waterpark was well worth the 25 mile drive, as it was well kept and had something for everyone (I liked riding the chairlift to the top of Camelback). We actually purchased tickets at the Fernwood Gift Shop at substantial savings.
The traffic stories I've read about can be a concern, and some less traveled roads can get you around the gridlock from flea market traffic or the blasted light signal where 209 and business 209 split. There is a beautiful side road directly out of the villas that follows the Delaware river down to Shawnee and the PA Welcome Center.
I'd suggest the Trolley tour, but my family wasn't into it, so we passed on it.
In the past year we have stayed at Wyndham properties at Atlantic City, Newport, RI and Las Vegas (3 bedroom penthouse suite at Grand Desert) and this unit was as good as any (except the penthouse suite, but close!!).
I'd recommend golfing, but didn't bring my clubs, and with the weather threatening to rain almost every day, and other family members expressing wishes to do alternative things, it wasn't in the cards for me to rent clubs for my son and myself. I also feared reserving a canoe or raft ride with the ominous forecast, but think it would be a fun thing to do.
I'd like to try skiing in the winter, but it seems ridiculous to drive 225 miles South from Western Massachusetts to do so.
Bottom line: IT WAS GREAT. I'd try to ask for a room that was recently redone, as the ones south of the 17th green were.
ENJOY !!

• Liked — new unit
  • Disliked — distance to attractions
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank 5inavan
PA
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I almost canceled our vacation after reading the reviews posted here. We called the resort and they told us that they had some problems but were in the process of upgrading. We requested one of the newly refurbished rooms. We were pleasantly surprised! The unit itself was very nice. We had a loft with two twin beds, and the kids didn't mind going down two flights of stairs to use the bathroom!!

There were two bedrooms plus a sleeper sofa. The appliances were all fairly new and everything was clean and nice. The furniture was a little worn and the outside of the building had obviously not been upgraded yet. (peeling, old paint!) But, for the most part, we were very happy. All of the indoor pools were clean and well maintained. (and they did offer pool towels) They were very chemical-ish, but at least we knew they were safe from bacteria!

Everything was close by. The game room was huge and loud, but we enjoyed it. Lots of places to shop in the area and Bushkill Falls is just short drive. The only on-site dining we tried was the Jukebox Diner. It wasn't great.

All in all, we thought this was a very family friendly place to stay. Not fancy, but fun and clean! Just request a newly refurbished unit!

Don't miss the Pocono Snake and Animal Farm. Although it looks run down and a little scary....we loved it!! The animals were so people friendly....definitely pay the money for the monkey food and watch them try to get you to pick them to throw it to. They can catch it if you feed the monkeys and lemurs in the cages out side!

• Liked — The loft was pretty cool for the kids!
  • Disliked — Putting trash outside the unit for pickup doesn't seem like the best way to handle it.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!