“Not horrible, but not great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
New York City, New York
“Not horrible, but not great”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here along w/ my boyfriend for the weekend and I must say we had a good time here, however the room we stayed in needed a few upgrades as far as decór and that ugly dirty couch. I think this place has a lot of potential if they changed the interior. Those flower curtains and sheets are ugly, the rug needs to go & the pillows suck way too flat. I think if money was invested in the inside it would be much better. The guy who checked us in needs more customer service training due to not being very informative an just rushed the whole check in, but there was no one else on line, so we didn't understand why he didn't take the time to go over things with us.

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank FlyAway1985
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are pleased to hear that you did have a good time.

We are currently working hard to improve our resort and have an aggressive villa improvement program in place and we are working hard to have the décor updated.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. I have shared your comments with our Director of Guest Services, so that he may address all of the staff.

Thank you for your time sharing your thoughts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have no words to describe how awful out overall experience with this resort has been.
Just stay away, steer away from the possibility of having the worst stay of your life!

The worst customer service (rude and very unattentive)
Amenities are terrible (pools, activities)
Let's not talk about the food they offer in their so called restaurants located in the resort.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank wendell v
We thank you for your feedback and apologize for your displeasure during your stay.

I would also like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. I have shared your comments with our Director of Guest Services, as well as our Director of Recreation so that they may address all of the staff.

Again we thank you for taking your time to give us your experience on your recent stay.

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Have been coming up for about 14 years... This year is the worst! Totally run down villas, holes in ceiling, cabinets peeling and burn marks. The owners of the property must not realize that it's 2014 not 1970. Major updates are needed! The restaurants and game room are closed. Heaters in pool broken, and the staff...they don't care about your complaints they just transfer you from line to line. Also Very icy they didn't shovel well. It's a shame!!! We used to love coming here!

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Dena L
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us.

I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the Villa being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I apologize for any shortfalls.

I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa in which you stayed, so that a thorough inspection can be completed. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.

The restaurants and game room located at the Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center are separately owned and operated from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. Fernwood Resort’s restaurant, Wintergreens is located by our White Lighting Snowtubing Park and our game room is located at Valley Station in Tree Tops. I do apologize that you were not aware of their locations.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and concerns.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We did not participate in any activities while here, so this is strictly based on the accommodations.
Despite having walked past trash bags next to our walkway just outside the door. Unit 1083.. Our first impression of the condo was "not bad!" when we walked in the front door, but then we started to unpack. The kitchen cabinets were dirty inside and some of the doors were falling off the hinges. Cooking units worked well and were clean. The windowsill had major water damage that had been covered over with wallpaper which was peeling up due to the continued water damage.
The bathrooms were useable and had nice flooring, but tubs had hair in them and my son was grossed out. The. caulking was dirty and terrible and just made the overall appearance worse. The shower spigots were difficult to adjust for the right temp - too cool or too hot, but never just right.
Bedrooms were nice sized and the furniture was useable, but again, dirty inside the drawers...didn't want to put my clean clothes in a gritty drawer. Closet space was good, but no hangers! The walls were very thin and when we had neighbors move in we could hear their bedroom activities (yikes!) and music playing.
The common area was nice, but the small flat screen had a horrible grainy picture with a "ghosting" effect which made watching the Olympics annoying...imagine the ice skaters with trails behind them in the ice.
We had been asked if we were interested in viewing a timeshare presentation...after staying there there is no way I would want to buy into it! This worked for this trip, but I wouldn't plan to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Lpoust
Let me first offer my apologies for the frustrations you encountered while with us, as we make every effort to maintain our villas and Resort property in a clean and presentable fashion, your experiences were very upsetting to me.

After reading your review I asked our Housekeeping Manager to confirm the issues you listed have been cleaned properly. I am happy to report that this has been completed. I have also asked our Preventive Maintenance Team to inspect the windowsill and to make any necessary repairs.

Management is currently working on plans to address the continued growth and success of our resort. It is my sincere hope that in the future you will have the opportunity to experience the difference their efforts will surely make.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This us to be a great property, Staying here last weeks was Horrible from checking in finding room was just cleaned to pass the eye test.. I found juice containers and fruit snacks behind the dresser and night stands....Nothing was done till next day they offered to change my room and that room was in same condition.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank 609jerome
Thank you for giving our resort a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I have contacted the housekeeping department in regards to your experiences. I have reemphasized the imperative significance of customer service and attention to detail. I have been assured that these types of incidents would not occur again. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway realize that feedback is an essential tool in helping the company to continuously improve. We appreciate the time you took to write this review.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I REALLY have no idea why there are some reviews on here about this place that are so negative.

My boyfriend and I, along with 2 other couples, stayed in the 2 bedroom villa (with loft) and had a wonderful time. The villa was very clean and the staff had clearly gone out of their way to make it look nice (starter kit with dish soap, sponges, paper towels was nicely laid out in kitchen and utensils were neatly placed in drawers, etc).

Upon check-in we were handle with a positive attitude and excellent instructions and service. We were given everything we needed and all of our questions were answered without irritation.

The villa was adorable with open concept kitchen/dining area/living room perfect for hanging out with friends or lounging. There were multiple balconies which was nice and the bedrooms were cozily snuggled downstairs. The loft offered enough privacy in my opinion. It has 2 twin beds but we pushed them together and it worked well for us.

I really wouldn't call this place run down. It doesn't look brand new but it is well kept and cared for. The decor looks a bit outdated but in a way that makes it feel cozy, like someone's grandma's house maybe. I personally prefer this look to "chic and modern" for the purposes of a winter ski getaway.

*The only slight disappointment we had was that the fireplace is really an electric fake one- we had looked forward to sitting by an actual fire because the fireplace was advertised. I think this distinction should be made clear on their website and in their resort descriptions but it wasn't a huge deal.

The food at the restaurant was good and there is a grocery store nearby.

We had a great time tubing on the resort.

We enjoyed skiing on Shawnee mountain which is very close by.
My boyfriend and I will be returning at the end of the month to the Treetops side of the resort.

If you are super picky and will not enjoy your stay because there is a scratch on the leg of a chair then I guess you should stay at the Ritz. These must be the kinds of people making negative reviews. Otherwise you will have a lovely time here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank badicalbritt
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation.

Our staff takes great pride in offering exceptional service, so that all of our guests can have an enjoyable vacation experience.

Our Resort offers many different types of villas from a cozy one bedroom or studio to a 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms depending on the size of your party.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have made significant improvements property wide and will continue to do so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
Lompoc, California, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I selected this place to stay because it was the only thing available in the RCI system in this part of New England. I was apprehensive based on the reviews but wanted this vacation and hey, as an Army vet I’ve slept in some significantly less than ideal locations! I planned to ask for a renovated place and that everything should be pretty much okay.

The good news is that all units have been renovated so that wasn’t an issue. The bad news is that they didn’t spend nearly enough and, by my way of thinking, it was a “patch ‘n paint” rather than a renovation. My understanding is that it was a $3 million renovation and that sounds like a lot until you look at how many units are here and all the work that needs to be done. Alas, the project was severely underfunded.

My first take on the units is that while dated and in need of a face lift, they were all right. I continue to maintain that opinion but as we’ve stayed here (this is our fourth day), the dated appearance and general need of modernization has become more of a nuisance. The place was gorgeous in the 1970s but needs a true renovation - stripped to the walls and redone from there to the center of each room.

The real problem as I see it is that the feel of the entire unit is that it was done on the cheap. I understand budgets but this resort gives the impression of a shabby Motel 6. I’m not jaded and don’t mean to sound that way – I’m just stating my opinion as it’s developed over the past four days. It’s a beautiful location for a resort and if they were to clean it up and truly renovate it, this would be a fantastic place to spend a week.

The check-in process was incredibly quick and smooth and I want to recognize the staff now (and again later) for how helpful they are and how positive their attitude is. I’d be unhappy working in a place that’s billed as a nice resort but really very low quality but every one of the staff I’ve met has been very nice and extremely helpful. Check-in is across the way at the hotel where the broken façade was cause for a bit of concern. It is what it is, though, right?

Here’s my description of our one bedroom condo:
* Entryway and half bath: Uninspiring to negative first impression. The coat closet has cheap wire coat hangers that would benefit from being replaced by cheap plastic ones. That’s sort of the theme for the coat closet. The look and feel of the bathroom is no more inspiring. It was nice that the towels were folded and hanging in an aesthetically pleasing style. Completely out of sorts for the rest of the unit but it was appreciated and I want to note it here. I’m trying to be impartial and honest, after all.
* Kitchen: Functional in size and layout but in need of gutting. The refrigerator is old but the oven, microwave, and dishwasher appear new. Unfortunately, I think the contractor doing the renovation went to Lowe’s and negotiated a volume discount on the absolute cheapest models in the store. The look, feel, and experience is very cheap and low quality and that affects the quality of the feeling of the time spent in the unit. The kitchen isn’t furnished well – few dishes and no food prep knives, for instance – and there is no pantry at all. The former point is a nuisance as we have to do dishes every day and the latter point really surprised us. We’ve had to pile our groceries and drinking water on the counter. My parents installed similar linoleum with brown squares in their house at the end of the 1970s so it was nostalgic, but not why I brought my three kids 3000 miles from California.
* Dining area: Other than the chairs that should be sold at the local flea market, no complaints. It’s a nice enough glass table with plenty of room for all six chairs. This is amusing given that the unit sleeps a maximum of four and the cupboards have few dishes.
* Living room: The sofa and chairs must have been nice when the place was first built but Habitat for Humanity would benefit from their donation. The fireplace is fake producing zero heat – it’s for looks only. The DVD player is so cheap that I wouldn’t be surprised if it really did come from the aforementioned flea market. It actually seems fitting with the small flat screen TV with the worst speakers I’ve ever heard. Even at medium volume the speakers crackle. Relaxing on old furniture in front of a fake fire listening to poor quality sound while watching a movie on a small screen isn’t what I planned as a way to relax after an eventful day. The sofa hide-a-bed mattress was more of a thin wrap over old springs and I called to have it replaced after the first night. The maintenance staff took a new one from an unused unit to bring to us (much appreciated!), and did so quickly and with a can-do attitude. My 14-year old daughter noticed that a spring was actually sticking through the bottom when the old mattress was taken off. That’s inexcusable for a renovated unit and speaks to the management’s “patch-n-paint” marketing ploy. I really think it was a poor investment as they need to start over, throwing out most of the work that was done. Sad.
* Balcony: Great stuff! It’s a nice place to stand or sit and enjoy the scenery. Our unit overlooks the 15th hole of the golf course and even covered in snow it’s a beautiful place to be.
* Stairwell: How can you screw this up? I didn’t know but now I do. The old paint is scuffed and marked and around one window is cracked and pieces are missing where it looks like it was peeled up by wide tape.
* Bedroom: It has a stunning resemblance to a fleabag motel. I’m trying to be rather amusing but it’s really remarkable as I stand here looking at it writing this how closely it matches what I used to stay in. It even has the same bedspread! LOL The cheap mini blinds do a reasonable job blocking light given what they are but there are no drapes or anything else that would help a guy sleep in. Oh well, at least it allows us to get started on the day at a reasonable time. The closet has the same dented and worn coat hangers that were probably discarded at the flea market, the single shelf in the closet is by ClosetMaid (I’ve purchased them at HomeDepot), and the walls are scuffed and ugly. Completing the “walk down memory lane” experience is the giant CRT TV on top of the old chest. I wish the light switch controlled one of the two lights in the room but did truly appreciate the effort of putting the fake flower in the towel on the bed. The staff do what they can with what they have and I want them to be recognized for their effort.
* Full bathroom: I guarantee you the wallpaper was hung when the linoleum went in. ‘Nuff said. I didn’t expect a lot of amenities but it would have been nice for to have a little bar of soap on the counter. The towels were all folded in a decorative manner and again I want to recognize the staff for their effort. We didn’t try the whirlpool bathtub so I don’t know whether it works. My one complaint that wasn’t resolved was the water temperature in the bathtub/shower. It had a stunningly narrow band (literally about a 5 degree sweep) between cold and hot. That made it a nuisance to adjust every time we bathed.
* Laundry: These units are three stories. There’s a smaller unit on the lower floor and our one bedroom is a split level condo on the second and third floors. Given the slope, the parking lot is at the level of the second floor at the entrance but both units have balconies facing the golf course. There is one common laundry room shared by the two units and it’s nice that we have no downstairs neighbors given this fact. I prefer not to have the Laundromat feel at a resort. The mismatched paint touching up the walls doesn’t help.

Given the reviews I read before I arrived, I expected to need maintenance so I didn’t hesitate to call when anything needed to be done. Again I’d like to recognize the incredible staff for their dedication as it didn’t matter whether it was during normal working hours or later in the evening. Fernando (housekeeping) was outside when we headed for the car this morning and he made a point of greeting us and offering to help with anything we may think of that we needed. Given the quality of performance of the rest of the staff, I wasn’t surprised. Joe and Henry have been the gentlemen from maintenance who’ve helped us with things and they’ve been great as well. I’m as positively impressed with the staff as I am negatively impressed with the decisions of the management. The contrast is remarkable and I hope the staff read this review so they know that their efforts are appreciated and publicly recognized.

Speaking again about the management, I’m not surprised at their reaction to the reviews that have been written recently. Everything seems to be apologetic and damage control and addressing individual complaints. They really should notice the theme, though, and understand that there’s a systemic problem. This place has as much potential as it did when the property was first purchased and considered for development. Deferred maintenance has taken a tremendous toll and they really need to renovate from the perspective of redeveloping the entire property. Toss everything that’s not bolted down, completely gut the kitchen, rip out the floor coverings, and start over. When the property was initially developed, the budget was allocated so they could complete the project properly and build for future business. That’s what trying to realize potential is about. The staff are doing their utmost to keep the place going but without a serious investment of both money and dedication to doing it right, I feel that this “resort” will continue to slip and fade into the past.

I’m glad we came since it allowed us to have this vacation but I would recommend to others that they spend more money if necessary to stay elsewhere. Kudos to the staff for all they do – they’re incredible. The management, though, doesn’t appreciate what they have with this property and the people keeping it alive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank josephmclain
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us. We appreciate feedback from our guests and use it to our advantage. We are striving daily to improve our guests overall vacationing experience.

Our Resort check in desk is located at The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center, which is separately owned and operated from The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I have passed along your observations of the Hotel onto their management.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway would like to send our apologies as to the maintenance issues that you encountered. While those comments troubled me, I was very happy to hear that our staff was a pleasure to deal with. The Fernwood Resort and the Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway pride itself on excellent guest service standards and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations for your accommodations.

I would like to take a moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. We have made significant improvements property wide between Tree Tops and Fairway with regards to Villa’s upgrades and refurbishment’s as well as amenities. To clarify, not every Villa has had a complete refurbishment yet, our goal is to continue to maintain and upgrade the entire Resort property.

I hope that you will take time in the future to visit us again and see the improvements we have made.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!