“For get about it! Keep your offers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Brooklyn, New York
“For get about it! Keep your offers!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Fairway Villas this Monday from Sept 2,2013 to Thursday Sept 5th. As we walked up to and through the entry way to get to our villa we were in shock as to how MANAGEMENT would allow the outside to become so dilapidated! So we finally entered our first villa (1614) we were disgusted. The back of the couch was torn and ripped and just hanging, as if the maid is not reporting it to her housekeeper, or the housekeeper is just not concerned with fixing it. The decor was and is dated. It smells like mildew, the couches were uninviting, dead insects on top of the fluorescent kitchen light, the two twin beds in the loft area looked as if the were ready to collapse, the mattresses were flat and the pillows were flat etc. Needless to say we grab those room keys and headed back to the front desk, because the only option from here is to receive a better room or head back to NYC all on the first vacation day. At this point my wife and I both proceed to the front desk to ask for a new room. They were accommodating, but they did not have much to change us to due to the fact that they are booked up at this time. WE received a new villa (1514), this was better but after the bitter taste in our mouth from the first room it was hard not to be critical, but it was much better than the first one! In the bedroom closet the rods that you hang your clothes on is rusted and they have all these bent out out of shape wire hangers. Come on wire hangers, talk about penny pinching. The faucet in the jacuzzi bathtub can do a complete 360 spin all the way around. The screen doors are broken and they even covered the three holes on a screen door with duct tape. You have to see that one for yourself! The next day we decided to go to the game room and it was not inviting. We are big kids at heart but we just lost that fizzle during that experience. If they could brighten the place up it just seems dark in there, the carpet smells old and of mildew, and the worst part is that some of the games did not work. We did enjoy ourselves at the restaurant where they have trivia Wednesdays. That was fun and everyone there was warm and inviting. We checked in on Mon and we were scheduled to depart on Thursday morning. We just left a day early. Thank you for the complimentary extra day but no thank you. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 16 years. I cannot comprehend how you are presenting your property as a investment and you would like for me to spend my money and purchase a timeshare. That you would show give me a presentation and a experience as such. So when it comes time for the tour what do you expect me to say. I can only give you what you've given me! All of the touches that are needed to repair and update the property are cosmetic touches. Not trying to tell you how to spend your money but the only way I would return is if i'm just driving by. I do not want to totally bash you guys, I want to give credit were credit is do. The front desk staff is wonderful and they are willing to help you. You guys have a ton of activities to partake in. Ohh and wifi, from what I understand.When we called the front desk they said you have to have AT&T's home bundle package in order to receive wifi. That is bonkers!. We live in a wifi age. I would recommend a busines center where the guest can go to use your computers or have them pay for wifi per day etc. Sorry, it was just hard for me to stay here again being that I work in the hotel business and I see what needs to be done and its not being done. I wanted to call Anthony from Hotel Impossible. We went on the tour for the time share and I saw the more modern up to date villas. All I could think about are the villas that we had and I packed my bags mentally and gas up the car physically. I wish you guys much more success in your future endeavors with this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Qlifeisgood
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay with us. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. The items you listed should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the rooms being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

I have forwarded your review to our Maintenance Department so they can try and determine the rooms in which you and your family were in to confirm that the items you listed have been repaired.

The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I will certainly pass along your observations regarding the game room to their management.

The Resort’s Wi-Fi is provided by AT&T. The charge per day is $9.95, however if a guest is a current customer of AT&T, there would be no additional charges to connect while at the Resort. The Resort does offer free access at the Front Desk. I do apologize that you were not given the correct information when you inquired.

I am glad you found our staff to be helpful and our activities plentiful.

The Fernwood Resort strives to offer every guest the best experience possible. Again, I apologize that we were not able to do so in your case.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
WEST HEMPSTEAD
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you ever go to Treetops you have GOT to go to TreeVentures. It is one of the best acivities there. You can use your points or you can pay a moderate fee. It is a park of obstacle courses combines with Zip Lining. The staff is friendly, helpful, fun, supportive and above all encouraging. The rooms are great it is walking distance to one of the many pools and game rooms. If you don't feel like driving there is a resort bus that takes you anywhere on the resort you want to go. Our kids (teens) took advantage of all of the activities that was on the itinerary while my husband and I relaxed. If you ever have a 3-4 day weekend coming up, I suggest you come here for fun and relaxation. The only downside is that we had 4 children and we had to cook but the supermarket is 5 minutes up the road and Turkey Hill is at the bottom of the hill from the resort. So have a great vacation!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank WINONAM_12
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review! I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our resort. As you mentioned in your review, The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway has a variety of amenities to keep each member of the family occupied. Pocono TreeVentures is one of our newest amenities this year. I so glad you and your family enjoyed your time there.

Fernwood Resort and the Pocono area has much to offer everyone all within a short drive. Also, the Villas are a great place to sit back and relax. It is one of our goals that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy themselves to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.
south jersey
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I really wanted to give this place an excellent review cause it has so many bad ones, but I did have some complaints. We stayed at the Fairway in a 3 bedroom. The houses were beautiful. There was wear and tear but this I expect with big families going in and out of these places. Normal size washer and dryer which was great and actually dried my clothes. Jet tub and sauna in master bedroom was nice. The bed was my biggest complaint. It was very hard. Better off sleeping on floor. The grounds need to be better maintained. the grass needed to be cut. It was cut towards the end of the week but would have been nice to have the grass short out back of our porch area the entire week. the pools need to be cleaned every day and they are not. I am a wyndham owner and I pay maintenance fees and I expect my vacation to be maintained. not too much to ask for. the activities were ok. the people working there were nice enough but not into making the crafts or explaining whats going on. organization was terrible. mini golf was nice but also needs to be fixed up. since they charge for it, it shouldn't be a problem. couple spots need fence so the balls don't shoot over. check in was easy. checked in at 7pm so I was the only one there. in and out. and no hassle with sales I guess since I am a wyndham owner? was nice there was no pressure. the trolley system was terrible. they only have one. they need at least two. was faster to walk most places. I live in jersey so its not worth me going back here. But if you like the Pocono area and all the attractions, its not a bad place to stay. Would definitely go for the 3 bedroom houses. As for bugs, its in the mountains. there are gonna be bugs. Didn't have any in the house. Just some spiderwebs outside. No big deal to brush off. As I said the bed was my biggest complaint. If I cant get a good sleep, its not worth my time.

2 Thank Erin0813
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for giving our resort a review.

Unfortunately, as I read through your review I noticed that your stay did not meet our standards. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I have contacted our Grounds Department and Director of Recreation in regards to your experiences and observations.

I have also shared your review with our General Manager who will look into replacing the mattress with new pillow-tops to avoid another unpleasant experience.

We appreciate the time you took to write this review.
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I hated it!! I seriously do not know why people pay what they do for this crap shoot! I stayed here for a Training Camp course July 7-12. The only reason I stayed there was because it was included in the price for the training. When I first pulled up, it was nice but a bit confusing as far as finding my suite. I had to check in at another hotel (the Fernwood, awesome Staff btw, very helpful), who gave me a map of the location of my suite. I get there eventually, I was in a 1 bedroom villa, so there was a door that leads into a corridor, and splits into 2 villas, one up one down. I was down. Now, I understand that this is an outdoorsy resort (right on the border of the woods), but the porch and door was not kept up. The door frame had the HUGE spider web and spider that freaked me out so bad that I nearly fell down the stairs that leads to the door. I found a stick and handled it accordingly (everyday a new spider and web). Now when I got to my villa, it was like I stepped back in time. Crappy décor, dusty curtains, spider webs in the corners of the room, and the bathroom "tile" was peeling up at the corners. The shower head sucked. And every morning I wake up to finding those pill bugs in bathroom. One night, I even found some fireflies flying about in my room, just blinking away. Also, the door to my villa and the door frame didn’t meet, so there was about an inch gap ( I could peak into the gap and see the hallway pretty clearly.

Overall, it's in dire need up an upgrade and maintenance. I'm giving this a 2 out of 5 only because the scenery was lovely and when my key didn't work for my room, even after getting a new one, the maintenance guy was already working on it by the time I got back to my villa (it’s a 5 min drive from my villa to the front desk).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Jackson Heights, New York, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My hubby and I stayed there from august 15th to the 17th though the outside of the villa isnt 100% I thought the inside was wonderful, well kept and neat, we loved the place, we bought timeshares thats how much we loved it we're coming back next week, I surely recommend this place .

1 Thank Angel D
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here.

We always welcome feedback from our guests, especially when it is to let us know what a great time they had while staying here at the resort. Our staff at the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway works diligently to ensure each guest experiences exactly what they are looking for. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your vacation a great one.

We look forward to your visit next week
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Two words…Crap hole!! I cannot believe that people pays thousands of dollars to become timeshare owners at this place. My family stayed at The Villas at Tree Tops Resort on July 21st to the 23rd on our way back from a cross country trip. From the outside the condos looked decent and the grounds looked nice. That’s where the niceness ends, once inside I felt completely grossed out. The first thing that I noticed when entering the condo were all of the loose and protruding nails coming out of the wooden stairs leading up to the main floor of the condo. There were spider webs all around the door and exterior lights. Once inside we were hit with the smell of mildew. The entire décor was outdated and nasty looking. I was afraid to sit on the couch or sleep in the beds for fear of catching something. We noticed cracks in the ceiling and walls. There were scuff marks all over the floor boards and the floors were filthy. The dining room table and chairs were also dirty. The blinds in the upstairs bedroom were bent and sections were missing. There were multiple light bulbs out. The wall paper was either peeling or completely missing in the bathrooms. The heating vents in the bathrooms were rusted. The towels looked dirty even though they were clean and felt like sandpaper. The shower curtain in the upstairs bathroom had some sort of slime on the bottom and when I went to pull the curtain closed the entire shower curtain and rod fell on my head. While in the shower I went to adjust the shower head and it would not adjust and starting coming out of the wall. The toilet in that bathroom was not seated properly so every time you would use it the entire toilet would move. My two young kids slept on the pull out couch and even they complained that it was uncomfortable. We had to put the sheets on ourselves and the blanket that we pulled out had a huge stain on it. My husband wanted to see if it was an actual stain or just dirty so he washed it in the 1970’s stack-able washer/dryer. Sure enough the stain came out, which told us that housekeeping never washed it. Gross!!! The downstairs studio room smelled like smoke which is interesting because it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Also, the large Jacuzzi tub just looked unclean. On this three week trip we stayed at multiple RCI timeshare resorts and this was the first place that made us take out our own trash. This was also the first place that we had to pay $48 for the amenities that we did not even use. Needless to say I was completely grossed out and highly disappointed with Tree Tops Villas. I will never stay there again and I will never recommend that place to anyone. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JaneH222013
I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay at our resort. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion. I have shared you review with our Housekeeping Manager, so that she may address the housekeeping staff on your observations.

I only wish you had reached out to our Front Desk or Guest Services Director during your stay, as we could have addressed all of your concerns at that time to ensure you had a most enjoyable stay.

We are continuously working hard to improve our resort and currently have an aggressive villa improvement program. I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa number in which you stayed so that a complete inspection can be done. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been complaining about the deplorable condition of the units at Fairway Villas for over 10 years and nothing has changed. I will be up there this weekend and we will see if anything has changed. Unit 1609 actually had nails sticking out of the wood in the balcony. They don't seem to care about the 2 bedroom units, only interested in selling the new 3 bedroom units.

1 Thank Angel26551
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I can reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. The resort has an aggressive Villa Improvement Program that includes all villas both in Tree Tops and Fairway. The resort has also made significant improvements property wide, which include road improvements, a new water feature at the Valley Station outdoor pool to name a few. This plan of action will continue as we determine what areas of the resort impact our guests most.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!