“Timeshare exchange disappointment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
“Timeshare exchange disappointment”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was the worst timeshare exchange we have ever had. It was dirty with worn carpeting . The units are not for senior citizens or the handicap because of the many stairs. The outside of the building was in need of attention also.. We stayed at Tree Tops , cannot speak for Fairway.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Timesharelongtimer
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I would like to apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway does offer handicapped accessible accommodations.

Our handicapped accessible is equipped with:

Outside ramp from parking to villa
Villa can sleep up to 4 with a queen size bed and a pull out sofa
The villa offers a kitchenette with sink, electric stovetop, mini refrigerator and a microwave, which is above the stove and is not wheelchair accessible.
Bathroom is equipped with a handicapped accessible sink and a toilet with grab bars
The shower is equipped with shower bench seat and grab bars
This villa is being used in conjunction with a one- bedroom villa as a lock out. The one bedroom villa sleeps 4 and does not have a handicap or wheelchair accessibility

We also offer minimal step access to enter the villas. Whenever a request is received for a handicapped villa we try our absolute best to accommodate each guest. We do not take this lightly and we realize how important it is to have these lodging options on our property so that we can provide a relaxing and enjoyable vacation to everyone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner has been an owner of this resort for five years and it's safe to assume that it was a pleasant surprise back then. However, Tree Tops needs to update the villas for the older owners. They've built a new section with updated houses to attract new buyers but the older owners are getting the s***** end of the stick it seems.

The televisions are old as heck, the dishwashers leak at times, the couches are stained and the staff doesn't do a good job at "cleaning" (owners have to pay $40 for cleaning before checking in).

Two weeks ago, we came here to take advantage of the pool. Now, as an owner, this is a luxury and a huge step up from public pools and beaches. While there were plenty of pools in the resort to accomodate the owners. the type of people, who are now owners, doesn't make the older owners feel ...special. On our visit, there was a family of 20 visiting the pool. They brought beer, pets and food - I'm surprised they didn't bring a damn grill and DJ equipment. As an owner, when you leave your neighborhood for a quick getaway, you don't expect to run into the same element in which you fled from as a child (speaking of a person who grew up in a very poor area).

This suggests that Tree Tops have either: lowered their prices and standards just to make a sale or put out a promotion that lasted entirely too damn long.

My view on this place has definitely changed. It's not all that bad but not that good - for my taste anyway but to each its own.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at the resort. I wish that you had called the front desk to rectify any inconveniences. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway are continuously improving the villas as will as different areas of the resort. This improvement program does include providing each of our accommodations with flat screen televisions. In regards to the partial week fee that you referred to, that is a fee that was acquired by booking through the RCI Points Program. They are a separate company and that charge is due to booking less than 7 nights.

Our resort is a family oriented establishment. We proudly accommodate a very diverse range of guests and make no effort to focus on any one particular group, culture or ethnicity. I apologize again and hope that your next stay is more relaxing.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

i love it here, don't get me wrong......... but Fairways needs to do an over haul/ make over/ update. Its a great get away from home and i'm not complaining but i can see why some people would complain. I've stayed in cheaper hotels that are swankier. Fairways need new TVs (even tho your not there for TV its just nice to be able to watch something on a decent TV if needed), need to check rooms for working lights (porch light was out, lights in 2 of the rooms weren't working), doors (master bedroom didn't lock), make sure everything is stocked, make sure everything isn't broken , etc and maybe light some tiki things to keep all those flying creatures from coming around the entrance of property and inside the house. never really cared but the furniture is outdated. Usually we stay in the 4 bedrooms but they were all booked so we stayed in the 3 bedrooms. Master suite Jacuzzi was LOUD and the placement of the TV was dumb, you'd have to lay at the end of the bed horizontally to see the TV. TV was at the side of the bed as opposed to the front of the bed. I only stayed for the weekend this time, my family stayed for the whole week. Suggestion for fairways, hire a new decorator/ designer and before each guest checks in, check the rooms.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom & 4 bedrooms are better than the 2 bedrooms. anything is better than the 1 bedrooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to return to The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway! I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have notified our maintenance department in regards to the issues with the villa. They have assured me that everything would be taken care of. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced on your stay. Thank you for giving our resort a review and we hope to see you again!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Sofa pull out bed was broken so guest had to sleep on floor
Stain on the toilet second floor ( unit 1235 B0
Carpet was dirty
Jet tub was nice
Kitchen was nice had everything you need
Pools were not as clean as I like
Property was nice in the outside grounds
Nice location
People were loud ( Other guests screaming and making excessive noise)

I exchange my Hilton Points I dont think is worth it. However better than loosing them I guess one can settle for this. Dont really know how to say this. I try to make the best of any situation and enjoyed the Poconos but from being used to Hiltong Propert and guests it was a bit bothersome for me. If you have a budget and are used to average places then this would be a nice value I guess, location is nice and is not too bad.

Room Tip: Stay at the Fairway, I took my kids to that pool and even people seem more decent there.
1 Thank ghernandez1
Thank you very much for writing a review of our resort. In your review you mentioned a couple housekeeping issues. I would like to assure you that I have spoken with the housekeeping department. I would like to apologize on their behalf and advise you that these inconveniences have been addressed.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your whirlpool tub and kitchen in your accommodations. The kitchen is very useful especially when traveling with a family. I have also passed on your compliment to our Grounds crew. They take pride in keeping the 440 acre property well manicured. Thank you again for giving our resort a review.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our 6 day stay at the villas on fairway. With so much traveling to do this summer, and some extra time share points, we decided on an RCI exchange to the poconos because it was close to where we live and it wouldn't break the bank. I decided on this resort because of the 4 bedroom option, so we invited our best friends along and in total we were 4 adults and 4 kids ages ranging 1.5 - 6 years old. With so many negative reviews, I was really bracing for the worst, but we were so impressed with our villa that I would definitely return for an easy getaway. Maybe we just got lucky but we didn't experience any of the negative issues others have. Before we left, I called with some questions and the customer service rep was so helpful, answered my questions and even emailed me a floor plan of the villa. We did have a little trouble navigating to the resort because the GPS address on the website directed us to a state park building about a mile away, but once we found it's location, check in was a breeze and off we went.
The property is immense and since our villas were on the opposite end of their property, it did take some time to drive to it. I was told that the 4 bedroom villas are the newest on the resort and pulling up to it, you can tell the construction is more current than other villas...the villa itself was clean, extremely spacious (2 master suites, 3.5 baths, 2 saunas?!...) well stocked, and nicely furnished....of course a picky person can find something wrong with anything, but I wasn't expecting the four seasons...this is the poconos after all...the minor issues we did have (burned bulb, broken toilet paper holder, needed more garbage bags, etc.) was resolved within the 2 hours we were at the pool. I thought the resort property was well manicured ( almost always ran into maintenance crews moving lawns, trimming landscaping, picking up trash left outside villas, etc). We didn't take advantage of all the amenities and activities, but the kids loved the extreme bounce zone (the lady that runs it is super sweet), the game zone was great for our rainy afternoon, and the pools by fairway and the main pool (I did find the main pool to be a little too littered with critters for my taste).
As for the area, there isn't a whole lot going on( camel beach and the outlets are pretty close) and better restaurants are a good 20min away...with kids, friendly's and Perkins were the most convenient..we did go to the big a grille but for the prices, the food was just ok...fortunately, there was a large foodtown a couple of miles away and we stocked up on some groceries to save the local dining establishments too many trips from our crazy clan...
All in all, we had a great time with good company...i can't speak about how the other villas are, but we were pleased.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank PShui1378
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I am always thrilled to hear positive feedback from our guests. I was glad to hear that our Four Bedroom accommodations suited your needs. As you mentioned, they are our newest and largest accommodations on the property. I was very proud to hear that our customer service, maintenance, grounds, and recreation staff were helpful and accommodating. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway aim to provide each guest with excellent customer service and attention to detail. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities on the resort and explored a bit of the Pocono Mountains as well. We hope to see you again soon to make your next vacation as enjoyable as the last!
ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2013

read a lot of bad reviews but gave it the benenfit of the doubt. Most of the bad reviews were true to point. We did not get one of the Fairway units that looked at least nicer on the outside. But that should be besides the point - whatever you get should be NICE. We were not walking distance to anything, the steps and trim outside need paint, the entrance doors are terrible - need replaced. The furniture was outdated. I do believe housekeeping does the very best with what they are given. Carpet was OK in two of our units but the third was disgusting. Baby's feet were black just crawling on it. Bottom unit was musty - had an old green Jacuzzi tub that there was NO way I would let my grandkids in. I am usually not that harsh compared to others - our refrigerator didn't work right, hot water was lukewarm, tv remote didn't work and I really didn't care - these things are easily worked around. HATE the layout of all the steps - what a drag with little kids and babies. The Valley Station pool was nice but was closed on our last day (was dirty they said and it looked it) - the bathrooms there were ok. The bathrooms at the Tree Tops pool were horrible - gross.
There was one maintenance guy who was very friendly and helpful. BUT, the reservations lady was a huge turnoff - arrogant.
Our family had suffered a terrible tragedy right before we left - funeral of a young niece - so we were 3 days late on arriving. Tried to get days added on at the end. Two of the units we could but the third we could not. They would have to move in with us for the night (which was ok we had room) then they could get a unit but had to pay for a 2 night minimum. They could only stay one more day at that point because of our late start. Instead of accommodating that and taking our money they would rather stick to demanding a 2 night minimum so we ALL left. If they would've just thought about it they stood to make an extra $600 off our stay but got nothing :). I was happy to leave as I did not want to spend one more dime here

2 Thank jhmlgn
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I would like to thank you very much for giving our resort a review. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway realize that feedback helps us to improve. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you had during your stay with us. In your review you had mentioned not being able to walk to any of our amenities. I have looked up your reservation and it looks as though you were right near our tennis and basketball facilities. We understand that our 440-acre acre property is rather large and unfortunately no everything is within walking distance. To solve this problem we have provided our guests with a shuttle bus. This service is free of charge and will transport our guests anywhere on the property. I was glad to hear that our maintenance staff is living up to our excellent customer service expectations. I hope that they were able to rectify the troubles that you had with your villa. I would like to apologize again for any difficulties you experienced.

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Below you will find the letter I left for the management of the resort, it was totally disgusting, I was never so glad to get home to my own bed and bare feet on the floor.

COMPLAINTS
• Bath towels –
o the first towel I picked up was a hand towel primped for display, this towel was so dirty gray that it looked like a shop towel, many of the other towels had very dark and large black streaks through them
o Even with a complete change of towels we are still finding towels with black streaks through them
• Master Bathroom
o Floors very dirty
o Spiders under vanity
o Shower was dirty as was the floor next to the whirlpool tub
o There are no towel bars in either washroom so after every use there is nowhere to hang the towels to dry
o No shampoo or conditioner, not a necessity but rarely to you go to even a timeshare resort anymore and not get complimentary basic necessities
o The carpet in the master bedroom was disgusting- there was food ground into it, I honestly do not believe it had been vacuumed in weeks, when we had housekeeping come in the poor girl was actually scraping the dirt and dust up with her hands before she got the vacuum, this is where the dirty towels finally become useful as I now use them as a carpet so I can walk in the master bedroom and bathroom without shoes on
o There was some sort of a patch in the closet covering a whole in the wall in the closet and it had fallen off, we are still waiting for maintenance to show up to repair it, by the way we leave tomorrow.
o There was also food stuck to the wall in the closet?????????????
o The bedding is substandard at best, the bedspread, circa Super 8, has holes in it including but not limited to cigarette burns
o There is one very sad white cotton sheet on the bed and an ill-fitting fitted sheet, yep that’s it. No blankets, there was one in the closet of the second bedroom and eventually I did find one in the loft so I did not have to wear my house coat and slippers to bed anymore.
o The front of the vanity had well I’m not sure I thought it was toothpaste but the wipe had more brown on it than white after I wiped it down
• Kitchen
o Well let’s see, there are four pots and four lids but the lids don’t fit the pots
o When doing the inventory we found cutlery missing
o We had 3 ashtrays out of 4, by the way it is a non-smoking unit
o Our salad bowl was cracked but that’s okay because they replaced it with one with a bigger crack
o Our carving knife has ripples in it resembling speed bumped.
o Our vegetable peeler and can opener were both rusted, they were replaced with new ones, thank you
o There is still food stuck to the ceiling
o There is obvious damage to the cabinets from water as they are badly peeling beside the fridge really made evident when housekeeping cleaned between the cabinet and the fridge.
o There is still something red on the side of the fridge, I’m not touching it but I couldn’t stand the brown stuff on the front any longer.

I will say the one good thing was horseback riding, it wasn't a long trail but the horses were nice horses and the people pleasant.

Now all of these complaints we had been told were going to be recorded, it wasn't until the day before check out that we found out they hadn't been and the front desk clerk had the manager call and he was very apologetic but that doesn't fix the unit. We were told that we were in a VIP unit to which I question the meaning of the acronym.
If your have your cellular service with T-Mobile don't expect to use it as there is no service at all, as for internet it is $9.99 for 24 hours with AT&T so we just waited until we went to a restaurant and connected to their free WiFi.

Just a quick note to anyone already committed to going there, check the unit over completely before you unpack all of your gear that way a change in units won't be a big deal.

Room Tip: Check to make sure it is clean and everything works before you commit to that unit.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ldhammer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!