“Suited our purpose”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Suited our purpose”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband, myself, and another couple stayed in a 2-bedroom Fairway villa. According to some of the recent reviews, I'm assuming our villa was one of the renovated ones. I thought the villa was laid out very well. It was spacious enough for the 4 of us and decorated nicely. Also, the beds were very comfortable.

We stayed for 3 nights during Valentine's week. On the 2nd night we realized that our jacuzzi didn't work. A maintanence person came the next morning, however, we were told that the motor was shot. We were offered another villa. This was not an option. We did not want to pack up everything and move to another villa. After going back and forth with the "manager", we were offered a refund of 1 night. He offered us a coupon for 1 night in the future. However, I insisted that since we paid cash, and trusted that we would get the offered ammenities, a refund of 1 night be given. He tried to tell me that cash wasn't available, even though we paid cash. Finally he agreed. Although, we were disappointed about not having the jacuzzi, I thought the compensation was fair.

My history goes way back with Tree tops. We've stayed there before and I'm not sure if those villas are better, or if we would've had this problem there. In any case, we enjoyed ourselves, including the night time tubbing, over on the Tree Tops side. We also enjoyed the paintball, although, the four of us were the only participants. Overall, I feel that our stay was good. We usually stay at Shawnee or Pocono Palace. Since we were with another couple, this seemed to be the best choice. I would go again, however, we'll be sure to check upon arrival that everything is in working order.

A note to the owners. Your reception staff could use a refresher course in customer service. Upon check in I felt that the older gentleman was cold and un-welcoming. Also, the person I spoke with about the jacuzzi issue was equally dry and cold. He offered no apology and refunded the 1 night fee as if he was angry. Customer service is everything and customers should feel welcomed and appreciated, no matter what. On the flip side, whenever I've spoken to the reservation staff via telephone, they were always very cheerful and patient. Go figure???

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy_1960
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am so glad that our accommodations were a fit for your getaway! It is very important that we hear feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve. We aim to offer excellent customer service to each guest, however when that does not happen we need to hear about it.
I would like to genuinely apologize for your less then par stay. I have shared your review with the corresponding departments and I have been assured that this will not occur again. I would like to thank you for reviewing our resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Media, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our villa was dirty, with uncomfortable mattresses , terrible smell in the kitchen, the bathrooms were terrible I do not think this place has a good cleaning crew. I do not recommend this place to any one

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SBR928
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I would like to genuinely apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay last year.

Since that time we have been continuously refurbishing our villas and Resort and this plan of action will continue in 2013 as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway have high guest service standards that we aim to meet for each and every guest.

Thank you for taking time out to review our resort.

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed in unit 1211 at Treetops. Having explored the area, though not inside any other units, I feel that the complainers are over-reacting and perhaps exxagerating!

The unit was clean - we did not have any of the problems previous posters reported. The beds comfortable, the heating works, the double-jacuzzi luxurious, and all appliances in the kitchen worked well and were spotless.

Garbage is picked up almost as soon as you leave it in front of your unit. Maintenance (I accidentally dropped something into the disposer in the kitchen sink) showed up ten minutes after I called.

Staff is helpful and attentive.

Bring your own detergent for the washing machine - no starter pack for you, and no coffee, sugar or creamer.

two bedrooms, each with its own bath on the lower level. No bathroom on the main level, an none on the upper level loft which has two beds. F few steps to reach the unit.

Room Tip: We asked for a refurbished unit.
3 Thank skarasik
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
As you can imagine I am more then pleased to read your review. I have passed your praise on to our House Keeping and Maintenance Departments. Your tips that you have included in your review are very helpful. The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway prides itself on excellent guest service and I am so happy that you enjoyed our staff.

I would like to thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our resort. We hope to see you again in the future so we can make your next vacation just as enjoyable as your last.
Galloway, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Broken glass under the couch, beer pong balls scattered, no sheets on the beds.
I'm curious if the cleaning crew even stopped by our room.

The closest mountain it's near is Shawnee which is an ultimate beginner slope.
That could be a good for others, but terrible for myself.
I'm sure there are other resorts with comparable prices closer to other mountains.

I figured I'd check out the Spa/Pool across the street. I love to settle in after a long day of skiing. Large groups of obnoxious teenagers take over the indoor pool/sauna anytime after 5pm. Steer clear!

I typically don't complain, I have an easy time falling asleep anywhere, but I feel I needed to share the details of my last trip.

The front desk were kind enough to drop off sheets for us after we called.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rob K
I would like to offer you a genuine apology for the less than satisfactory stay that you have experienced at our resort. It always upsets me to respond to reviews such as this because our property prides itself on excellent guest service. I would like to assure you that this review has been passed onto our Housekeeping Department to ensure that this does not occur again.

Thank you so much for reviewing our resort and we wish you happy vacationing in the future.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have a reservation planned for Feb.10-17, 2013. I wished I had read the review before finalizing this vacation. After reading all the reviews I am a little skepticle about our plans. I have read quite a few good and bad reviews, so I am not sure what to expect. I have seen both great and not so great pictures. I am praying and hoping for a very pleasant week stay at The Villas at Tree Top. After a 4 hour drive my boyfriend will very disappointed if its not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for expressing your concerns.

If you would like to call the resort and speak with a representative they would be more then happy to help you.

We look forward to seeing you and hope you have a safe journey to us.
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After reading many negative reviews, I must admit I was a little nervous. However, the unit was beautiful, spacious, and above all clean. My boyfriend and I stayed for two nites and it by far was one of the most relaxing mini vacations ever! We ate off the resort and food was delicious with good local people all around. We went skiing at camelback and had a ball and the horsebackriding package was a real treat! I really enjoyed it, dont let the "bad" reviews steer you away...i think we will make this a yearly tradition!!!

4 Thank Shannon R
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear that our Housekeeping Department is continuing to do a great job at keeping our resort beautiful. It is lovely to see that you took advantage of our amenities and enjoyed them.

We look forward to seeing you next year to ensure that your getaway is as pleasurable as this one!
Jersey Shore
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a lovely time during our stay at the Tree top villas it was Scenic and Serene. We were a bit apprehensive but found no mold or many issues to speak of and I'm asthmatic. Suitable accommodations, great 2 person jacuzzi inside master bedroom and comfy bed even for people like myself with back issues. Quiet for sleeping during day for night owls. Intercom with a radio in rooms. 3 balconies scenic and lots of light in unit. Foodtown shopping few miles down the road to prepare dinners. Also there are plenty of fast food places and restaurants to eat from and cvs is also close.

Positive: Beautiful and Scenic area. Dingman's Ferry falls are free and beautiful. Many scenic overlooks with bridges. Smithfield beach is 6 miles down River road and gorgeous with many trails. They also had remote control planes area. Instead of paying for the trolley you can follow or look up all the scenic look outs yourself. Appalachian trail is a bit difficult to find. In the downtown area make a left at the light after the bakery and go up approx 1/4 mile small sign on the right follow signs to country club. Amenities are relaxing and enjoyable. Indoor pool was always a good temperature well kept clean area cathedral ceiling and paintings were nice touch. The hot tub was also very inviting and easily fit 6 people.Ping pong and the arcade were in another area also very fun. Many fun free things to drive to and take photos.Staff is friendly and helpful. Extra pillows and blankets in unit with a pull out sofa. Also check out ODD LOT and grab the 20% off coupon before u go. lots of cheap cool things to get from there and there is a fireworks trailer in same plaza.

Negatives: Very Disappointed the Sauna was broken for it was one of the reasons we chose this resort. What was even more disconcerting was the staff told us it has been broken for a year with no plans to fix it. In my opinion it needs to come off of RCI amenities list. Coffee pot had soap in back of it. No free wi-fi, $10 per day, No T.V. in upstairs bedroom, intercom wasn't working properly. The ping-pong arcade extra pool area closed early everyday around 6. Parking area not well lit uneven walk to room. Minor issues that we wouldn't affect your stay.

No maid services mid week: Suggestion to bring, Coffee filters,Spices S/P, paper towels,toilet paper,dishwasher tabs,laundry detergent, lysol and dish soap.

I didn't find issues other reviewers had luckily. However, some issues are nitpicking. You don't travel for the size of the TV or bedrooms.

Room Tip: ask for a newer room to stay away from mold.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank palmtrees777
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for giving our resort a detailed review. We are very glad that your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway was a pleasant one. It sounds like you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the Pocono’s, our accommodations, and the amenities on site. You’re tips will be helpful to incoming guests.

We appreciate the time you took to review our resort and we hope to see you again to make your next getaway as satisfactory as this one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,002 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!