“Pre-Planned Valentine Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have a reservation planned for Feb.10-17, 2013. I wished I had read the review before finalizing this vacation. After reading all the reviews I am a little skepticle about our plans. I have read quite a few good and bad reviews, so I am not sure what to expect. I have seen both great and not so great pictures. I am praying and hoping for a very pleasant week stay at The Villas at Tree Top. After a 4 hour drive my boyfriend will very disappointed if its not.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for expressing your concerns.

If you would like to call the resort and speak with a representative they would be more then happy to help you.

We look forward to seeing you and hope you have a safe journey to us.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

After reading many negative reviews, I must admit I was a little nervous. However, the unit was beautiful, spacious, and above all clean. My boyfriend and I stayed for two nites and it by far was one of the most relaxing mini vacations ever! We ate off the resort and food was delicious with good local people all around. We went skiing at camelback and had a ball and the horsebackriding package was a real treat! I really enjoyed it, dont let the "bad" reviews steer you away...i think we will make this a yearly tradition!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shannon R
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear that our Housekeeping Department is continuing to do a great job at keeping our resort beautiful. It is lovely to see that you took advantage of our amenities and enjoyed them.

We look forward to seeing you next year to ensure that your getaway is as pleasurable as this one!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a lovely time during our stay at the Tree top villas it was Scenic and Serene. We were a bit apprehensive but found no mold or many issues to speak of and I'm asthmatic. Suitable accommodations, great 2 person jacuzzi inside master bedroom and comfy bed even for people like myself with back issues. Quiet for sleeping during day for night owls. Intercom with a radio in rooms. 3 balconies scenic and lots of light in unit. Foodtown shopping few miles down the road to prepare dinners. Also there are plenty of fast food places and restaurants to eat from and cvs is also close.

Positive: Beautiful and Scenic area. Dingman's Ferry falls are free and beautiful. Many scenic overlooks with bridges. Smithfield beach is 6 miles down River road and gorgeous with many trails. They also had remote control planes area. Instead of paying for the trolley you can follow or look up all the scenic look outs yourself. Appalachian trail is a bit difficult to find. In the downtown area make a left at the light after the bakery and go up approx 1/4 mile small sign on the right follow signs to country club. Amenities are relaxing and enjoyable. Indoor pool was always a good temperature well kept clean area cathedral ceiling and paintings were nice touch. The hot tub was also very inviting and easily fit 6 people.Ping pong and the arcade were in another area also very fun. Many fun free things to drive to and take photos.Staff is friendly and helpful. Extra pillows and blankets in unit with a pull out sofa. Also check out ODD LOT and grab the 20% off coupon before u go. lots of cheap cool things to get from there and there is a fireworks trailer in same plaza.

Negatives: Very Disappointed the Sauna was broken for it was one of the reasons we chose this resort. What was even more disconcerting was the staff told us it has been broken for a year with no plans to fix it. In my opinion it needs to come off of RCI amenities list. Coffee pot had soap in back of it. No free wi-fi, $10 per day, No T.V. in upstairs bedroom, intercom wasn't working properly. The ping-pong arcade extra pool area closed early everyday around 6. Parking area not well lit uneven walk to room. Minor issues that we wouldn't affect your stay.

No maid services mid week: Suggestion to bring, Coffee filters,Spices S/P, paper towels,toilet paper,dishwasher tabs,laundry detergent, lysol and dish soap.

I didn't find issues other reviewers had luckily. However, some issues are nitpicking. You don't travel for the size of the TV or bedrooms.

Room Tip: ask for a newer room to stay away from mold.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank palmtrees777
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you so much for giving our resort a detailed review. We are very glad that your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway was a pleasant one. It sounds like you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the Pocono’s, our accommodations, and the amenities on site. You’re tips will be helpful to incoming guests.

We appreciate the time you took to review our resort and we hope to see you again to make your next getaway as satisfactory as this one.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just got back from from the villas. This was my second stay in a 3 br villa. Just like the first stay a year ago, the villa was gorgeous, clean, spacious and in a great secluded part of the resort. Some very minor/miniscule wear and tear in its wall papers, but if you are not there to inspect like a supervisor, nothing can ruin your stay. I recommend it. Im an avid timeshare owner, I own from DVC, Sheraton and Wyndham, this particular villa is not far behind. Other reviews are right about the smaller villas, even from the outside, it look like it needs some up keeping. You cant go wrong if you chose the 3BR unit.

Room Tip: Get the 3BR villa.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph A
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the review and I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Our three and four bedroom villas are the newest addition on our property and we receive a lot of praise about them. We hope to see you again and look forward to making your next stay just as enjoyable as the last.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Before going to Bushkill for a skiing minded vacation week, I eagerly read Trip Advisor reviews of this property, mainly for knowing what to expect. So, arriving late at night and getting a Fairway Villa (which I understand is bigger than a Tree Top) was a good surprise. And seeing the spacious, cozy and well distributed rooms of our villa was certainly a table turner.

There are two bedrooms in each villa. Both are located in the lower level. Each with access to a small terrace, and each with a full bathroom. The main one had a jacuzzi. On the upper level there is a very comfortable living room, dining room and kitchen. Finally, there is a spiral staircase leading to a small cellar with two single beds. This last room was great for my cousins (two kids ages 13 and 11).

So yes, there are details. The first one is the carpet, which can only be described as pitiable. This means very, very tired and dirty. Living room furniture could use some dry cleaning, too. And maybe replacing their cushions. And there are minor things, such as scrapings in the tub. However, I don't think these details should take away three or four stars, as other reviewers have done.

This is an old fashioned resort, intended for blissful relaxation. In winter it's a good base of operations for going skiing (Camelback and Blue Mountain at 30-45 min driving distance). In summer and fall it should be breathtaking for going and hiking around.

Upon reading the activity list provided at the front desk, I felt like in that Dirty Dancing hotel, with all those quirky stuff to do. Certainly a portrait of things that are no more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank dyhtstriyk
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our resort.

Your description of the layout of the villa was spot on. We appreciate that you understand that our facilities are popular and normal wear and tear does occur. We are always striving to keep our villas in good condition.

I enjoyed your use of the words cozy, blissful relaxation, breathtaking, and spacious to describe our villas and location.

We hope to see you again soon on your next vacation.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently purchased a timeshare getaway week at the Villas @ Tree Tops in Bushkill, PA in Delaware Water Gap National Park. The staff was exceptionally competent and extremely accomodating. Kudos to the staff and that is why I gave them a four rating!!!!! The unit was right on the lake and was exceptionaly clean and fresh. These condos are not brand new and there were some issues with maintenance, but they were addressed quickly and professionally. The mattresses (which were immaculate) could be replaced as they were very hard. There are no luggage racks for you to use and they could stand to have more hooks in the bathroom since the towels are not switched out on Wednesday like other timeshare facilites. The units could use updating considering how much their yearly timeshare mainenance fees must be. Also, we would not use the huge jacuzzi tube in the master bath as the fixtures were very old and looked corroded.

There was an issue with the arcade, which is supposed to be open every day and wasn't. We were told that it would be closed from Monday through Thursday to save on electricity. I can understand that, but the machines were still lit up even though no one could use them. We did eat one night @ Bleachers Restaurant in the main building. The food was fair and I would not go back there again to eat. There was a lot of construction in the main building, but that did not affect us on the other side of the road in the Villas.

We did get to watch a family of mink that live in the lake and ducks, geese, woodpeckers and bluebirds outside our unit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank dcd0127
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Since we are located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains there is always a beautiful view. It is easy to appreciate the natural surrounding habitat and spot wildlife while enjoying a relaxing getaway. We appreciate your praise for the housekeeping and maintenance department and I will pass the kind words along.

In regards to the issues that you experienced at the arcade and at the restaurant I would like to apologize, however those facilities are owned and operated under a separate company. These concerns will be directed to their management for review.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway look forward to seeing you on your next vacation!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Tree Tops Villas from Nov.16th.-19th., (actually the 18th. we left a day early), as we entered the villa we noticed that it was literally run down and in need of a complete renovation. There was peeling wall paper coming down in numerous locations, stained carpeting, you could barely see out the sliding glass doors as the seal was broken, the jacuzzi tub had no stopper, both bathrooms had mold and there was a roach on the kitchen counter. I spoke with the manager on duty as we left on Sunday morning and he stated that we should have called to complain and that they weren't happy with their current housekeeping staff. As far as the roach is concerned,he went on to say that basically the roaches come from the guests and that their not native to the area. He then forwarded the complaint to another manager and stated that I would receive a call on Monday. I left both of my phone numbers, house and cell, and did receive a call on my house phone, unfortunately I wasn't home, so he left a message. He never called my cell phone. I have called back twice since and left messages and as of today Monday, November 26th.I have yet to receive a call. I then called the resort and they stated that the managers were in a meeting and that I should call RCI to complain. I stayed in this resort approximately two years ago and nothing has changed. They tell me that they are constantly fixing the villas and that it takes time. As far as I'm concerned these units haven't been touched since the day they were built, which is probably between 10 and 15 years old. The only thing good about the resort is the area. This could be such a great resort if they would only spend some money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank garkev

First and foremost I would like to apologize for your stay being sub par. I would like to address the issues that you had in your villa. I have notified our Quality Assurance Team. This team thoroughly inspects the units and takes detailed notes of any and all issues and then informs the proper departments to take immediate action.

Secondly, I would also like you to know that your complaint has been sent to our pest control providers. The villas are all checked and treated on a regular basis to prevent inconveniences such as the one that you unfortunately endured.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to bring this to our attention and giving our resort a review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!