“A couple of details, yes; but that should not drop 3-4 stars”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Escazu, Costa Rica
“A couple of details, yes; but that should not drop 3-4 stars”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Before going to Bushkill for a skiing minded vacation week, I eagerly read Trip Advisor reviews of this property, mainly for knowing what to expect. So, arriving late at night and getting a Fairway Villa (which I understand is bigger than a Tree Top) was a good surprise. And seeing the spacious, cozy and well distributed rooms of our villa was certainly a table turner.

There are two bedrooms in each villa. Both are located in the lower level. Each with access to a small terrace, and each with a full bathroom. The main one had a jacuzzi. On the upper level there is a very comfortable living room, dining room and kitchen. Finally, there is a spiral staircase leading to a small cellar with two single beds. This last room was great for my cousins (two kids ages 13 and 11).

So yes, there are details. The first one is the carpet, which can only be described as pitiable. This means very, very tired and dirty. Living room furniture could use some dry cleaning, too. And maybe replacing their cushions. And there are minor things, such as scrapings in the tub. However, I don't think these details should take away three or four stars, as other reviewers have done.

This is an old fashioned resort, intended for blissful relaxation. In winter it's a good base of operations for going skiing (Camelback and Blue Mountain at 30-45 min driving distance). In summer and fall it should be breathtaking for going and hiking around.

Upon reading the activity list provided at the front desk, I felt like in that Dirty Dancing hotel, with all those quirky stuff to do. Certainly a portrait of things that are no more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank dyhtstriyk
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our resort.

Your description of the layout of the villa was spot on. We appreciate that you understand that our facilities are popular and normal wear and tear does occur. We are always striving to keep our villas in good condition.

I enjoyed your use of the words cozy, blissful relaxation, breathtaking, and spacious to describe our villas and location.

We hope to see you again soon on your next vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently purchased a timeshare getaway week at the Villas @ Tree Tops in Bushkill, PA in Delaware Water Gap National Park. The staff was exceptionally competent and extremely accomodating. Kudos to the staff and that is why I gave them a four rating!!!!! The unit was right on the lake and was exceptionaly clean and fresh. These condos are not brand new and there were some issues with maintenance, but they were addressed quickly and professionally. The mattresses (which were immaculate) could be replaced as they were very hard. There are no luggage racks for you to use and they could stand to have more hooks in the bathroom since the towels are not switched out on Wednesday like other timeshare facilites. The units could use updating considering how much their yearly timeshare mainenance fees must be. Also, we would not use the huge jacuzzi tube in the master bath as the fixtures were very old and looked corroded.

There was an issue with the arcade, which is supposed to be open every day and wasn't. We were told that it would be closed from Monday through Thursday to save on electricity. I can understand that, but the machines were still lit up even though no one could use them. We did eat one night @ Bleachers Restaurant in the main building. The food was fair and I would not go back there again to eat. There was a lot of construction in the main building, but that did not affect us on the other side of the road in the Villas.

We did get to watch a family of mink that live in the lake and ducks, geese, woodpeckers and bluebirds outside our unit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank dcd0127
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Since we are located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains there is always a beautiful view. It is easy to appreciate the natural surrounding habitat and spot wildlife while enjoying a relaxing getaway. We appreciate your praise for the housekeeping and maintenance department and I will pass the kind words along.

In regards to the issues that you experienced at the arcade and at the restaurant I would like to apologize, however those facilities are owned and operated under a separate company. These concerns will be directed to their management for review.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway look forward to seeing you on your next vacation!
Woodbridge, NJ
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Tree Tops Villas from Nov.16th.-19th., (actually the 18th. we left a day early), as we entered the villa we noticed that it was literally run down and in need of a complete renovation. There was peeling wall paper coming down in numerous locations, stained carpeting, you could barely see out the sliding glass doors as the seal was broken, the jacuzzi tub had no stopper, both bathrooms had mold and there was a roach on the kitchen counter. I spoke with the manager on duty as we left on Sunday morning and he stated that we should have called to complain and that they weren't happy with their current housekeeping staff. As far as the roach is concerned,he went on to say that basically the roaches come from the guests and that their not native to the area. He then forwarded the complaint to another manager and stated that I would receive a call on Monday. I left both of my phone numbers, house and cell, and did receive a call on my house phone, unfortunately I wasn't home, so he left a message. He never called my cell phone. I have called back twice since and left messages and as of today Monday, November 26th.I have yet to receive a call. I then called the resort and they stated that the managers were in a meeting and that I should call RCI to complain. I stayed in this resort approximately two years ago and nothing has changed. They tell me that they are constantly fixing the villas and that it takes time. As far as I'm concerned these units haven't been touched since the day they were built, which is probably between 10 and 15 years old. The only thing good about the resort is the area. This could be such a great resort if they would only spend some money.

5 Thank garkev
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
First and foremost I would like to apologize for your stay being sub par. I would like to address the issues that you had in your villa. I have notified our Quality Assurance Team. This team thoroughly inspects the units and takes detailed notes of any and all issues and then informs the proper departments to take immediate action.

Secondly, I would also like you to know that your complaint has been sent to our pest control providers. The villas are all checked and treated on a regular basis to prevent inconveniences such as the one that you unfortunately endured.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to bring this to our attention and giving our resort a review.

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Not impressed. Units are old and not well maintained. Lacking in cleanliness dept. Both bathrooms are dirty. Have had to call maintenance twice so far. Although I am not impressed with the unit, the staff have been very nice to deal with.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank lollimay58
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I would like to thank you for filling out a review of our resort.

The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway would like to send our apologies as to the maintenance and housekeeping issues that you encountered. While those comments troubled me, I was very happy to hear that our staff was a pleasure to deal with. The Fernwood Resort and the Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway pride itself on excellent guest service standards and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations for your accommodations.

We continue to make improvements property wide and we hope that in the future you might keep our location in mind when visiting the Poconos.
New Jersey
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just returned from a short stay (Nov 4-9) at the Villas at Fairway in Bushkill, Stroudsburg, PA. This is actually my third time reviewing this "resort" on Trip Advisor, but actually the 7th or 8th stay here since Nov. 2008. We actually "like" this place. It's only a little over an hour from our home in NJ, we enjoy the surrounding area, and it's our go-to place for a quick change of scenery. Our only really "bad" experience was when we stayed in a 2 bedroom in 2009, and have NEVER booked a two bed, since, but we have been more than pleased with the 3 bedroom villas at Fairway, which can accommodate up to 10 guests comfortably.

I agree with another reviewer, who commented that this resort has 5 star potential. With some furniture, appliance, and bed linen updates, the 3bedrooms, which are nice now, would be exceptional. But, I must admit that the antiquated tv's in the living and bedrooms are a bit of a letdown, especially after staying at resort where flat screens are standard. Our dishwasher didn't clean the dishes, and although the washing machine in the unit was brand new, the OLD dryer stacked on top of it should be replaced soon.

It's just the little things and attentions to detail that separate and distinguish a resort from ordinary to extraordinary. Four years later, the furnishings haven't changed, and the comforter in the master had a slight mildewy smell that would only be alleviated with febreeze. We brought our own blankets from home and didn't DARE sleep under the tired covers, but that in and of itself is a problem! I advise the owners of this resort to invest in the mentioned updates and refurbish the game room as well! We ate at Big Daddy's BBQ, but the food was lackluster and disappointing : (

6 Thank Nasihah
I would like to thank you so much for writing a review of our resort. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed our three bedroom villas in Fairway.

We appreciate your advice on updating the units and I am happy to inform you that improvements property wide will continue into 2013. In your review you had also mentioned “Big Daddy’s Family BBQ.” I have passed along the comment onto the management of that business, as we are not affiliated with them, and would like to apologize on their behalf. Thank you again for taking the time out to fill out a review and we look forward to seeing you soon for your next getaway.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The resort is enjoyable, even in early November, after Super Storm Sandy and during a nor'easter a week later. The checkin was easy and pleasant. But, we checked in on Tuesday so it was real easy. The accommodations are not Taj Mahal and they are not like camping. Everything was clean but dated. Old scratched furniture, old carpet, creepy floors but it was clean. Kitchen was acceptable and bathrooms are small, showers small, but 30 years ago when it was built everything was built that way. Living room was nice, fireplace (electric) nice, tv dated an uncomfortable location but I turned the sofa and it was fine. Don't come here looking for Marriott or Wyndham or Hilton quality. This place has beautiful scenery, lake, walking path along golf course, etc. very close to the things my wife and I were interested in. Bushkill and Shawnee is changing from the old dated to the new modern. Roadways are being rebuilt while other roadways will give your shocks a workout. If you are a rigid person, stay away. If you are flexible and accommodating then you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished room and if not then go back and ask again. Check out your place before unpacki...
1 Thank Big G
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Tree Tops and Fairway Villas. I was glad to read that you took notice of why our villas are set up the way that they are and that you appreciated our location in the heart of the Pocono Mountains.

As you had mentioned, there was a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation project that occurred over the summer that has made our centrally located resort even more accessible. We hope to see you again in the future to continue offering you an enjoyable getaway.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife set up a family weekend and booked us into the villas which seemed to have better reviews than the hotel. When she did she was told many of the units had just been refurbished and was assured we had a new unit. After the 6hr+ car ride with our 4 year old we arrived just before midnight and were looking forward to a good nights rest and a good weekend. Once we got inside the unit we found large stains in the carpet, a tv desk that looked like someone had carved on it with a screwdriver, chipped and cracked paint on walls, lights that didn't work, stained rings in the toilet and a nice slimy scum and hair clog in the tub/shower drain which matched the black mold around the shower fixtures. We contacted the desk who apologized and gave us another unit with the assurance that it was new and clean. When we got into that one it wasn't any better. Two strikes was enough. Now at 1230am and our daughter getting a bit restless we expressed our displeasure , got refunded and drove to the closest Marriott over an hour away. Finally by 2am we were able to get some sleep in a clean and decent room. I didn't expect the Waldorf Estoria but expected clean and livable. Terrible experience. Not worth the gamble. Stay Away!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Race39car
First and foremost I would like to apologize for all of your disappointments. I can assure you this is not our normal standard.

I have forwarded your concerns to our Housekeeping Department to try and determine the villas in which you checked in to and to investigate why these items were not taken care of prior to the villa being released for check in. I can assure you this is not our normal standard.

I would like to thank you for filling out a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!