“Absolutely awful!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife set up a family weekend and booked us into the villas which seemed to have better reviews than the hotel. When she did she was told many of the units had just been refurbished and was assured we had a new unit. After the 6hr+ car ride with our 4 year old we arrived just before midnight and were looking forward to a good nights rest and a good weekend. Once we got inside the unit we found large stains in the carpet, a tv desk that looked like someone had carved on it with a screwdriver, chipped and cracked paint on walls, lights that didn't work, stained rings in the toilet and a nice slimy scum and hair clog in the tub/shower drain which matched the black mold around the shower fixtures. We contacted the desk who apologized and gave us another unit with the assurance that it was new and clean. When we got into that one it wasn't any better. Two strikes was enough. Now at 1230am and our daughter getting a bit restless we expressed our displeasure , got refunded and drove to the closest Marriott over an hour away. Finally by 2am we were able to get some sleep in a clean and decent room. I didn't expect the Waldorf Estoria but expected clean and livable. Terrible experience. Not worth the gamble. Stay Away!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Race39car
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

First and foremost I would like to apologize for all of your disappointments. I can assure you this is not our normal standard.

I have forwarded your concerns to our Housekeeping Department to try and determine the villas in which you checked in to and to investigate why these items were not taken care of prior to the villa being released for check in. I can assure you this is not our normal standard.

I would like to thank you for filling out a review.

There are newer reviews for Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Some friends of mine, along with myself were planning our annual get away to visit the beautiful Pocono's last month. Based on some research of the area we were set on staying at the Fairway villas because it suited our needs for space, comfort, style, amenities etc. I can be Honest with you that our opinion was strongly changed after consulting with affiliates who have stayed at the resort, and what was posted on the comment board of the Fairway Villas web site, as well as Trip advisor. We decided to hold off on making reservations, and we were running out of time to book our annual getaway, as one of my friends found a privately owned beautiful 2 bedroom villa in Poconos on NY's Craigslist.
At first I was surprised to see that there were privately owned villas, and when we saw the Photos, contacted the owner who was an absolute Gem to work with, we were comfortable to book our getaway. I can not put into words the worldly difference of the condition of the Villa. From Hardwood floors ( not OLD Carpet ) , extra blankets, and towels in the closet, super clean, along with a few extra pleasant surprises we found, as well as the overwhelming help, and care of the owner. To top it off, we were still allowed to use all of the amenities that the resort had to offer, at a much lower expense than that of what was advertised on the resort site.. What more could we ask for, great location, great accommodations, fantastic service without any check-in lines or hassle, and an absolutely competitively LOWER price! We are now looking for season ski passes, and we DEFINITELY know where we will be staying this season, and every time after that.

Thanks E.

Barbara from NJ
Can't wait to see you soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Barbara B
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our resort.

We are pleased to read your comment, and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. I have passed on your comments to all of the staff. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our location since we are in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. The Pocono Mountains offer many great ski locations as well as many other winter sports.

The Villas are looking forward to continue to offer exceptional service and are very thankful that you choose to spend your vacations with us.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place was what you would expect from a three star hotel. Nothing was wrong with it, but it was nothing special either. Very spread out so none of the amenities was convenient. If you wanted to do anything you either had to drive, or wait for their shuttle. Very close to Bushkill Falls which was nice, a little further to the Pocono Shopping areas. Nice for a relaxing time, I don't think I would have wanted to take kids that need entertaining. Check in was NOT GOOD. Got there a little after four and was told our room was not ready. No apology, just told we could go eat at their restaurants. I felt like it was a ploy to get us to spend more money while we waited for our room to be ready. The entire place was over half empty for the whole week we were there, not sure why the room wasn't ready, plenty were going to be sitting empty !

Room Tip: Get the two bedroom or studio. If you end up in a B side, I don't think you could be happy. No...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessyea1
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived 3 hrs before checkin time. Front desk made it possible for an early checkin!! Room was extremely clean..a little outdated. There were absolutely no bugs what so ever in our 1 bedroom unit!! We were very concerned after reading all of the negative reviews..So glad we went. Thank you!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Realfastfox
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback about our resort. I passed your comments on to the front desk and housekeeping. I would like to personally thank you for taking your time to give our resort a review and let you know that it is appreciated.

We hope to see you again in the future to accommodate your next family getaway.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a wonderful experience last weekend! It was clean, cozy, spacious and in a beautiful setting. The grounds are so well kept. So many things to do near by. I would recommend this place to my friends and family and come back again. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KimA1012

The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway prides itself on excellent guest service and I am so happy that you enjoyed your time while with us. I would like to thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our resort.

We hope to see you again in the future so we can make your next vacation just as enjoyable as your last.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

After reading all of the reviews on tripadvisor, we were skeptical and worried that we had made a horrible decision. We were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. We stayed in Unit 3813(A) and (B) which was a three bedroom unit and a studio unit. Our party included 6 adults and 3 children. We were very impressed with the size of the unit (especially the master bedroom in 3813(A)) and loved the sauna in the master bathroom. The unit was clean but the furniture and carpets were very old and worn and stained from normal wear and tear (same with paint and wallpaper). I do agree with some other posters that this place has enormous potential if the owners were to put some money into some unit upgrades. We did not have any problems with bugs or mice despite the fact that we left plenty of food on the counters which they could have feasted on. The only amenity we used was the indoor pool, which was clean, but the water termperature was too cold for the adults (although the children did not seem to mind). The last day we were there, the upstairs bathrooms did not have hot water, but we were leaving in the morning, so we just all showered in the bathroom for the studio---this could have been a problem if we were staying longer. Honestly, it is the Poconos -- we weren't looking for a five star resort --the point to our weekend was to hang out as a family and celebrate our parents 40th wedding anniversary...the living room, dining area and kitchen were the perfect place for us to do this.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JessieJNewYork
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback about our resort. It made me happy to hear that your parent’s’ 40th anniversary celebration was a success and I would like to congratulate them.

In your review you mentioned that there was normal wear and tear on the wallpaper and carpet and we would like you to know that we are constantly refurbishing our units. We took note of this review and I have notified the Quality Assurance Team to do an inspection of this unit. I have also passed the pool comment on to the Recreation Director.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to give our resort a review and let you know that it is appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future on your next family getaway.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although the unit, grounds and resort in general were clean, everything was old, worn, used, outdated and disappointing. They advertise wood burning fireplaces, but none are available. The electric fireplace just can't replace a wood burning fireplace.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I would like to start off by thanking you for filling out a review of our resort.

I was happy to see that our grounds crew and housekeeping department are continuing to do a great job at keeping our resort beautiful.

You stated that you saw an advertisement for wood burning fireplaces however, I regret to inform you that they have been obsolete at our resort since the early 2000’s due to a fire hazard issue. We are curious as to where you might have seen this information so that we could rectify the situation so that this inconvenience does not occur again. If you have a chance, please contact our resort to let us know.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!