“Okay place, nothing special”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Philly
“Okay place, nothing special”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place was what you would expect from a three star hotel. Nothing was wrong with it, but it was nothing special either. Very spread out so none of the amenities was convenient. If you wanted to do anything you either had to drive, or wait for their shuttle. Very close to Bushkill Falls which was nice, a little further to the Pocono Shopping areas. Nice for a relaxing time, I don't think I would have wanted to take kids that need entertaining. Check in was NOT GOOD. Got there a little after four and was told our room was not ready. No apology, just told we could go eat at their restaurants. I felt like it was a ploy to get us to spend more money while we waited for our room to be ready. The entire place was over half empty for the whole week we were there, not sure why the room wasn't ready, plenty were going to be sitting empty !

Room Tip: Get the two bedroom or studio. If you end up in a B side, I don't think you could be happy. No...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessyea1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived 3 hrs before checkin time. Front desk made it possible for an early checkin!! Room was extremely clean..a little outdated. There were absolutely no bugs what so ever in our 1 bedroom unit!! We were very concerned after reading all of the negative reviews..So glad we went. Thank you!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Realfastfox
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback about our resort. I passed your comments on to the front desk and housekeeping. I would like to personally thank you for taking your time to give our resort a review and let you know that it is appreciated.

We hope to see you again in the future to accommodate your next family getaway.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a wonderful experience last weekend! It was clean, cozy, spacious and in a beautiful setting. The grounds are so well kept. So many things to do near by. I would recommend this place to my friends and family and come back again. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KimA1012
The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway prides itself on excellent guest service and I am so happy that you enjoyed your time while with us. I would like to thank you for taking time to fill out a review on our resort.

We hope to see you again in the future so we can make your next vacation just as enjoyable as your last.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After reading all of the reviews on tripadvisor, we were skeptical and worried that we had made a horrible decision. We were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. We stayed in Unit 3813(A) and (B) which was a three bedroom unit and a studio unit. Our party included 6 adults and 3 children. We were very impressed with the size of the unit (especially the master bedroom in 3813(A)) and loved the sauna in the master bathroom. The unit was clean but the furniture and carpets were very old and worn and stained from normal wear and tear (same with paint and wallpaper). I do agree with some other posters that this place has enormous potential if the owners were to put some money into some unit upgrades. We did not have any problems with bugs or mice despite the fact that we left plenty of food on the counters which they could have feasted on. The only amenity we used was the indoor pool, which was clean, but the water termperature was too cold for the adults (although the children did not seem to mind). The last day we were there, the upstairs bathrooms did not have hot water, but we were leaving in the morning, so we just all showered in the bathroom for the studio---this could have been a problem if we were staying longer. Honestly, it is the Poconos -- we weren't looking for a five star resort --the point to our weekend was to hang out as a family and celebrate our parents 40th wedding anniversary...the living room, dining area and kitchen were the perfect place for us to do this.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JessieJNewYork
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback about our resort. It made me happy to hear that your parent’s’ 40th anniversary celebration was a success and I would like to congratulate them.

In your review you mentioned that there was normal wear and tear on the wallpaper and carpet and we would like you to know that we are constantly refurbishing our units. We took note of this review and I have notified the Quality Assurance Team to do an inspection of this unit. I have also passed the pool comment on to the Recreation Director.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to give our resort a review and let you know that it is appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future on your next family getaway.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although the unit, grounds and resort in general were clean, everything was old, worn, used, outdated and disappointing. They advertise wood burning fireplaces, but none are available. The electric fireplace just can't replace a wood burning fireplace.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I would like to start off by thanking you for filling out a review of our resort.

I was happy to see that our grounds crew and housekeeping department are continuing to do a great job at keeping our resort beautiful.

You stated that you saw an advertisement for wood burning fireplaces however, I regret to inform you that they have been obsolete at our resort since the early 2000’s due to a fire hazard issue. We are curious as to where you might have seen this information so that we could rectify the situation so that this inconvenience does not occur again. If you have a chance, please contact our resort to let us know.

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Started ok, then came the mice. Called maintenace they sent 2 glue traps, asked for more
they said they were locked up, and they didn't have the key. the next morning the glue trap
had moved from where it was placed. I wonder who did that. I won't take you thru the story, but I ended up going to CVS and buying mouse traps. I made at least 4 to 5 calls to maintenace. Went to speak to the manager, he was not in. I left my cell phone number at the front deskfor him. I have not heard from management YET. I left there a day early, I couldn't take the uninvited guest anymore. Could have been a great celebration. Villa at Fairway 3831

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank aa.retiree
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had at our resort. I have notified the maintenance department and expressed my concern as to why the traps were locked up. I was informed that steps would be taken so that this incident does not occur again. Our Independent Pest Control Company was also contacted to inspect the villa and treat it if necessary. The Villas at Treetops and Fairway prides it self on excellent guest service, which is why your particular review was so troubling.
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to fill out a review and bring this issue to our attention. We understand that you have many other resort options available to you but hope you will give us a chance to prove ourselves to you if you choose to return in the future
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Roaches in our unit I will never return nor considet buying a timeshare from your company...
Reported the issue nothing was done. Furniture very very old and chipped wallpaper peeling mold in bathroom i do not reccommend this place

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank tamalatylek
First and foremost I would like to apologize for your stay being sub par. I would also like you to know that your complaint has been sent to our independent pest control provider and actions have been taken. The villas are all checked and treated on a regular basis to prevent inconveniences such as the one that you unfortunately endured.

Secondly, I would like to address the issues that you had in your villa. I have also notified our Quality Assurance Team do to an inspection of the villa that you stayed in and our Preventive Maintenance Team will address all issues found.

I would like to personally thank you for taking time to bring this to our attention and giving our resort a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!