“Great resort!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushkill
Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Brooklyn, New York
“Great resort!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I would like to say that anyone reading this should take these horrible reviews with a grain of salt. The resort is MASSIVE and one can not expect every single room to be up kept completely perfectly all of the time.

I have been to this resort 3 times and each time i stayed in a different room. first a 2 bedroom then a studio then a 3 bedroom and i was pleased with all three. The 2 bedroom was HUGE and could have fit more people the we had there (y). I am a member of RCI and i too read these reviews and thought to myself "what did i get myself into but upon arrival and check-in i realized i should not have worried myself so much. The room was clean and up kept, granted it was not the newest but the $50 i paid for 2 nights (processing fee) was well worth it! there are so many activities for the family as i traveled here for the first time it was off season and was worried there wouldn't be much but boy was i wrong! There is an indoor pool , many activities for the kids, a large arcade and much more.

I checked into my studio the next time i traveled as that was all they had available and i was pleasantly surprised at the size an updates! It was easily the seize of two strandard hotel rooms and fit th3 3 of us traveling very comfortably.

Now the 3 bedroom was absolutely fantastic! It was large newly updated and everything we could have asked for and most importantly as with all three rooms CLEAN! in conclusion The VIllas at tree tops and fairway are a wonderful place to stay when traveling with family and i will be soon returning!

Room Tip: Request a newly renovated room
2 Thank Chops9621

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This by far was the worst trip ever. First they tell you get to enjoy the place but you dont. They make you come in and sit with them all day and try to force you into buying a timeshare with them. They offered us a free weekend since we missed a whole day but who would want to come back there. The wall paper was falling off the walls . The water turns brown and the food is the worst. next time I go to the poconos I need to find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We thank you for your feedback and apologize for your displeasure with your accommodations.

I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of. These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the room being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

I have also asked our Quality Assurance Team and our Maintenance Department to do an inspection of the villa you stayed in. I can assure you that their reports are quite detailed and our Preventive Maintenance Team will address any issues found, including the ones you mentioned.

Our sales team operates with great integrity and take great pride in doing so. There are no pressure tactics involved in the sale, just the salesperson's conviction and pride he or she has in this resort. I do apologize if you felt pressured during your tour.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments

Travelers are raving about these Bushkill hotels

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I decided to take the kids away for a 4 day mini-vacation during spring break. This was part of a promotion where we only paid $299 and had to fill out a questionnaire/survey about our vacation experience. This was so not worth it.... When we arrived check-in was long and the lobby looked like a hang-out for unrulely teenagers. After we checked in we drove a short distance to our room, only to find the housekeeper still in there with a trash bag of dirty linens sitting on the sofa watching TV. The scary thing is that he wasn't alarmed by us entering the room as if this was a usual thing. He also did not leave right away. He explained to us that he was waiting for his next assignment. I understand if you may not know your next job, but do you have to wait in the room I will be occupying with my family....not cool!! We also noticed that the room was severely outdated and in need of a serious make over. There was even an old analogue radio attached to the wall that did not work. There was also several spiders in the room that decided to make an appearance during our stay. With all of that being said, that was still not the worst thing about this stay. I actually used the jacuzzi tub and shortly after being in the tub I noticed several small black specs in the water with me. I immediately got out of the water and called the front desk to complain. Since I never experienced this before I looked online to see what it could possibly be. Of course it is a result of failure to properly clean whirlpool tub jets. The hotel sent over a genteman from maintenance, who ran water with cascade through the jets to clean them out. Naturally this did not suffice. Furthermore, the hotel made no attempt to apologize or even understand my feeling during this process. I was terribly upset, especially since I was 5 months pregnant and did not appreciate being exposed to a filthy whirlpool tub. Needless to say, this experience has taught me not to use jacuzzi tubs in hotels ever again!! Please do yourself a favor and stay far away from this place!! Being near the Poconos, there are several other options much nicer than here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Malynda1010
First and foremost, please allow me to apologize for all frustrations encountered during your stay.

These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the villa being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion. I have also asked our Director of Housekeeping try and determine the villa in which you stayed so that she may discuss with the housekeeper that this is not acceptable.

I would also like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. Since your stay in April, the owners have made significant improvements property wide. This plan of action will continue as we determine what areas of the resort will have the most impact on our guests.

I hope that you will reconsider and possibly give us the opportunity to prove that we can make our guests' happy while vacationing with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
New York
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Last year I reported that the villas where not well maintained, this year I have to say I have seen improvement, management seems to be working hard to keep up with maintenance. Before I purchased here I had the opportunity to speak with a couple that been owners for 15 years they summed it up best this is the Pocono’s don’t expect a 5 star resort here, the condos will be older and more worn, but if you call to have something repaired the come right away and address the problem. I have to say in the four years we have been coming, the staff here has always been the nicest and have work hard to make your stay enjoyable. I understand the Hotel is now under different management then the Treetops and Fairway Villas. The food at Wintergreens (the bar/restaurant) by the golf course was good and very reasonably priced mostly pub type food. The golf course on the property is well maintained and the staff there is friendly as well. All in all this resort is working hard in a difficult economy to maintain the property and to provide an good value vacation. I recomened TreeTops to a friend they came had a great time and will come again. Great place to stay if you are planning to visit Bushkill Falls, or raft on the Delaware. Lots to do in the area.

Room Tip: I prefer the condo's (2 bedroom lockouts) in the back by the put put course
1 Thank gjvn
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here. We always welcome feedback from our guests, especially when it is to let us know what a great time they had while staying here at the resort.

Our staff at the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway works diligently to ensure each guest experiences exactly what they are looking for. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your vacation a great one.

As you mentioned, Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center has come under new ownership. In the past few months, they have been renovating and upgrading all across the Hotel.

The current direction of The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway is a positive one. The owners continue to make improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue in 2012 as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

We pride ourselves on offering the ultimate in vacationing experiences, and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Thanks again for your comments.
States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Ok I want to start by saying that I used an RCI week and stayed at the Villas at Tree Top. This resort also has the property owned by the same company which is a hotel called the Fairway. Whomever stays in the Villas or the hotel is able to use all of the pools at either location. We stayed from July 15th-22nd. I stayed in a two bedroom unit that had a three levels and let me start by saying that when I checked in there was no long line and the check-in staff was courteous. They did however tell us that all of the units were updated and on the Villas at Tree Tops there is a difference in older units versus some newer ones on the property. I do believe if you are using a vacation exchange and have more points then you have a better chance of getting a newer unit. My older unit was fine. It had a loft area with two twin beds, a full kitchen, dining area, and living area combined. They were in decent condition NO it is not the Ritz Carlton but there was nothing wrong with the unit I stayed in. There were two bedrooms downstairs, and 2 full bathrooms which one had a soaker tub. There was also a stackable washer and dryer. I of course immediately went and checked for bed bugs and there were none. Let me repeat this there were NO BED BUGS !!!!!! There were occasional spiders but not the kind that are going to hurt you and there were no other critters. I also used the three pools in the Villas and they were great. No lifeguard so swim at your own risk. We ate breakfast in our villa each day and drove the 2 hours to our summer fun including Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland, Strasburg Railroad, and Camel beach. I loved every single place we went. We went to dinner at a couple of different places in that Bushkill area at WIntergreens for dinner which does not have a extensive menu but had decent food. I found the waitress a bit untrained but we survived. The other restaurant that I went to with my family was the BBQ place located at the Fairway Hotel we DID NOT enjoy the food or the service. I would not recommend people going there to eat at all. We did go to Miller's in Lancaster and Bird in Hand to eat in Intercoourse PA and they were all great. There were a weeks worth of activities to attend to and some would cost money at the Villas but we did not participate in any. Many people did however. I did however get a massage at the Villas in room 1818 with Arlene and she was wonderful. It cost 40 dollars for a 30 min or 70 dollars for 1 hour. I got the 30 min one and was very happy. My only complaint was that all of the stairs I had to walk down to my unit needed to be painted and sometimes people would not close there garbage appropriately and saw egg shells for about 3 days. They are clearly making many improvements to the hotel and trying to upkeep the grounds. I would visit the Villas at Tree Tops again and enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Don't believe all of the negative reviews you see on here for this place. Those people are just...
7 Thank Aharvey1031
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our resort offers many different activities for every one of all ages to enjoy, as well as many different villa accommodations to offer families and friends of all sizes.

As you mentioned, Fernwood Resort and the surrounding area have many different activities for children and adults. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy the many different attractions that the Pocono Mountains have to offer.

I would like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway is a positive one. The owners continue to make improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue in 2012 as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

It is always our pleasure to serve our guests by welcoming them into a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. We pride ourselves in offering the ultimate vacation experience, and look forward to welcoming you soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just got back from one of the worst vacations we have had in thirty years, bugs in the townhouse burnt carpet, black toilet bowels ripped wallpaper, over all just a dump. When we first got there , my wife and I unloaded all are suit cases and decided to go to the store and pick up a few supplies and when we got back to the unit there was bugs inside the unit every where, called the front desk who put me through to housekeeping who said to me and I quote ” your in the Pocono and you have to expect bugs, bears, racoons and I said back to her “in our townhouse?] Well they moved us to a cleaner unit [they never even offered to come and help us move] and we stayed four days. I would never go back to that dump ever. If you want ants in your ceral go there.

Room Tip: Read comments
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed for two nights June 22 and June 23 for a golf weekend. Rented a studio. When entering room noticed that the brown couch looked filthy. The arms and head rests were black. Had a patio, but no furniture to use on it. Whats the deal with that? Light in shower dirty and all rusted. Shower very small with no ledge to put your toiletries on. TV's have not been updated. Would not stay here again. Did play golf and that was enjoyable. Had lunch at Wintergreens the bun on the burger was slightly frozen, the perogies were overcooked and rock hard along the edges. Bleachers bar: staff nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mcast654Kearny_Nj
, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us. I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of.

I have passed your comments along to the Department Heads to try and determine the villa in which you stayed in to make certain the concerns you have mentioned have been taken care of and also to investigate why they were not addressed prior to your arrival.

I would also like to take a moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. We have made significant improvements property wide and this plan of action will continue into the coming years.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and use it to our advantage. We are striving daily to improve our guests overall vacationing experience.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushkill
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,002 reviews
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#5 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway? Share your experiences!