“Servers were awesome”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate twice on two different days and the food was good - hamburgers, chef salad - even though the prices were a little high. The two servers - Phoung and Olivia - were so professional that they appeared to have worked in upscale restaurants elsewhere. My only suggestion is that the milkshakes and root beer floats should be listed on the menu.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This place knows how to handle crowds of people. Our waitress was exceptional. I ordered coffee and they were out of regular half and half and only had flavored coffee creams. I think she could see my disappointment and brought me whole milk to use instead. The food was tasty but average. Pricey, but I think that's to be expected out in the middle of a National Park.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We ate dinner here after snacking throughout our roadtrip in Death Valley. Our waitress was one of the best my family has ever experienced at any restaurant. The rest of the dining staff were also great. How they kept a smile on their face at 9pm and 112 degree temperatures is something I don't have the answer to. The food, however, did not quite rival the great experience we had from the dining staff. It was good, but quite expensive (average $15-20 for food that would normally go for $9-15). I will admit, however, that the portions were fairly large and we were in the middle of a desert. If I were dumb enough to go back to Death Valley in the spring, I'd probably stop here again, despite the above-average food and high prices.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We came here for a quick snack and a drink. We ordered Chicken Fingers and 2 x Root beers. As soon as I walked up to the bar I wasn't greeted very well. The guy who served me (Kieth on the receipt) didn't seem happy that I wanted to order at the bar and not wait for table service. He didn't smile, wasn't interested in anything apart from chatting to a couple at the bar.

Anyway we shared the chicken fingers which were not good. Overcooked and burnt. We got 5 of them for $10 so they were an absolute rip off. Our snack came to just under $20.

We won't go here again. Service was shockingly bad by Keith. Buy a packed of crisps next door and eat them on the rocking chairs outside

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I spent 5 days at the Furnace Creek Ranch. Each day, I visited this cafe for breakfast and had a couple of dinners there as well. On each visit, the food and service were very good. The breakfast selection was adequate and I found no major problems with the quality of the food. The servers were pleasant and went out of their way to keep my water glass and coffee cup full. For dinner, I normally just had a turkey sandwich and I can honestly say that it was very good. If I were to visit Death Valley again, I would definitely give this place my business.