“Take it slow”
Review of Titus Canyon

Titus Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the most memorable thing about this Death Valley canyon is the trip you'll take to it.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a beautiful drive. I drove my Subaru through this canyon with no problems but took it very slow. No need to hurry because it is all too beautiful. We stopped many times for photography and just enjoyed the day. From the entrance of the dirt road to the other end was about 4 hours with our stops. Be sure to take some food and plenty of water on any outing you go on in this park. You are truly out in the wilderness in this park when you are on these drives.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Didn't have time to do the drive, so we went to the west end to hike. Did not go into Titus Canyon because did not want to deal with all the dust that is kicked up by the vehicles going through (it is narrow canyon). So, we did the hike on the nearby unnamed hiking trail. It led to Falls Canyon. We went about 1-1.5 miles before turning around. Unremarkable. When you finally get into the canyon (after about 20-30 minute walk), it's a very wide canyon and not that interesting if you have already been in a canyon before. We did not make it to the end where there are supposed to be dryfalls.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

* At first, looking at the dirt road, I feel like giving it a miss. Thank God, I made it. It's worth the visit. In fact, I find it better than Golden canyon and Mosaic canyon

* The road are winding. My children really enjoy the view

* I stayed at Beatty area because it is only 9 miles to reach the entrace of the road that is only one way direction

* Be prepared that your car will get very dusty.

* Stopby a few vista points to enjoy the view and take pictures.

* You will end at a parking area that has 2-way short driving range. Park here and observe the rocks. They are very unique and beautiful where I didn't see in other attractions in Death Valley

Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you have a four wheel drive take the 2-3 hour drive through the canyon. Views are amazing although the goast town isn't much to see.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I read about Titus Canyon many years ago and always try to find an opportunity to visit it. I finally got a right car and got a holiday in a "not hot" season. Titus Canyon did not fail me! It lives up to its name. What a gorgeous place! So many different and colorful geology scenes. The drive is narrow and dramatic. Driving thru the canyon is just like watching a movie. It is one of the best place in my list.
Hint: Stay at Beatty the night before (I stayed at Motel 6). Get a high clearance and 4WD car with full tank of gasolin. Load excess water, food and warm clothing in the car. Drive slow and stop frequent to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.