“Bar none the worst food ever”

Wrangler Steakhouse at the Furnace Creek Ranch
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I cannot see how anyone can say the food there was good. They must have had a lucky day because the food we had was disgusting. Everything was heavily salted (and I like salty). The mashed potatoes tasted as though they'd been overly done in a food processor - you could stand a fork up in them. The pasta sauce was salt flavored tomato sauce with herbs, the tilapia was watery and so were the vegetables. The only bread on offer was white. The salad bar was fresh (as described by others), but the choice was limited. Dressing was either Ranch (perhaps 3 choices of ranch...hard to tell) or oil and vinegar. The dessert (chocolate cake) tasted like the sweetener was fake. In the end, we paid $14.99 each for a white bread roll and some water melon. Also, the place didn't feel clean. Just horrid - we would never go back. I was dreading being asked "How was everything?" because I simply wouldn't have known what to say. No point in complaining...they just don't know how to cook.

4  Thank RachaelAdams

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Normally, we don't do buffets as the ingredients tend to be on the cheap side. However, the night we dined, the salad bar ingredients were fresh (although not a lot of variety) but still very adequate. The buffet was prime rib (husband said was good) and the half chicken was moist and tasty. The buffet was $29.95 and includes the salad bar, dinner, sodas and a choice of dessert. If I had gone here the first night, I might not have gone anywhere else the other two nights.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

In the first place, it is no longer a steakhouse - that is very misleading. We had dinner there, so I cannot speak to breakfast and lunch. At dinner there is a buffet with a salad bar (very limited), prime rib (ok), and a hot table with chicken and some veggies (not very good). Dessert was the best part of the meal - but that did not make it worth the $30/person price. Go to the Cafe - for less money you can have much better food, atmosphere, and service!

2  Thank Jean B
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice food and the service was very good, however it's either here or a pizza next door (all part of the same kitchen anyway) to me it was an over priced and I mean over priced steak house. For what it cost I would have eaten in the bar next door. Sorry, really nice food but far too expensive

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The lack of a line should have been my first clue that something had changed. The once awesome steakhouse in the middle of Death Valley has been turned into a less than mediocre buffet. We were so disappointed that this gem now serves uninspired side dishes to accompany my 3/8 inch slice of prime rib. The seasoned staff was apologetic and was as attentive as a self-service buffet requires. I will say the dessert is not to be missed. It was prepared by our server and was reminiscent of quality the steakhouse once represented. We have been visiting the resort for 15 years and will continue to but are hoping this is a temporary experiment.

3  Thank GotGolf