“Will definitely return here”

Country Pancake House and Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Credit Cards and Cash (no american express) Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 am - 7:30 pm Sunday - Monday 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Found this restaurant online and decided to try it because it is close to us and the menu was huge. What surprised us, given the small entrance to the restaurant, was how large it is inside. We were there early so had no trouble parking but there is limited parking at the front of the restaurant. However we noticed a large parking lot at the rear of San Marco Plaza so plan to park there next time if we can't get a spot in the front.

We were not disappointed in the food. I had 4 strawberry, banana and chocolate chip pancakes and my spouse had the Swedish pancakes with lingonberries. I thought the pancakes were delicious but could only eat 2 of the pancakes so brought the other 2 home. The Swedish pancakes were also excellent and my spouse rated them better than Millies - praise indeed! It was a much smaller portion than mine, so a good choice if you don't want too much food.

The service was good - pleasant and efficient, although we did have to wait a bit for coffee refills.

Can't wait to go back and try more pancakes!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We discovered this gem of a restaurant tucked away in a the San Marco Plaza in Lakewood Ranch. We choose to dine outside in courtyard where the pond view is serene. We went for a very late breakfast and were unprepared for the fantastic cooking that awaited us, plus seriously good service. The portions are huge, and this family owned and operated establishment I bakes their passion and love for a variety of cuisine into their cooking. I had a frittata and my husband had the shrimp /crab crepe prepared with a light sauce. The presentation was awesome and we savor end every bite. We re going there today and are so glad we happened upon this gem of a place to dine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It exudes charm and the owners are as enthusiastic about their customers enjoying their as the diners.

1  Thank thehounds
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I don't understand why they are still in business. I have been there 3 times hoping it would get better. My friends have the same opinion. Pancakes taste like flour and water. Omelets were over-cooked, dried out and actually brown.
Nice atmosphere but that's about it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time to this restaurant. The breakfast menu is absolutely huge. Once you make your choice you won't be disappointed with the food. If you are not a big eater I suggest you split the meal. Even the short stack of pancakes is very large. The only negative would be that the restaurant is under staffed for the amount of business this place attracts. Our server was friendly and accommodating, but getting a second cup of coffee was challenging since the server was working so many tables. I would definitely return for the breakfast again.

1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my first time. There were four of us, my husband and two teenaged children. I couldn't believe my eyes as soon as we walked in the staff was so friendly, the restaurant space was enormous and the menu HUGE!! There are SO many options, I ordered plain oversized pancakes, my husband ordered a chicken park hero with french fries, and our two children ordered a texas burger and a chicken stir fry. The oversized pancakes were exactly that, OVERSIZED-as big as manhole covers- if you finish your name goes on the wall of fame. I barely ate half of one and you get two on a plate! My husband's chicken parm hero was delicious and the french fries mouth watering. Now our children, the texas burger had an egg on it! It sounded strange but my son shoveled it down plus the french fries that came on the side. The chicken stir fry was ordered at noon time, which is FABULOUS, open menu all day long. It was delicious, not too much sauce on it, the brown rice was fresh, the vegetables were fresh and not over cooked and the chicken was cut into bite size pieces and let me say there was A LOT! Not only did my daughter get a choice of free salad or soup with her stir fry but a dessert because the meal was on their DAILY SPECIALS board. The soup she had was chicken soup and it was homemade, steaming hot, and smelled amazing!!!

I couldn't believe it, this was our first time and it was delicious, amazing, and the choice of food we received was incredible. Not only that but it was cheap plus left overs from my pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!! LOVE IT !!!!!!

1  Thank Mama M