“Generous portions”

Country Pancake House and Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Credit Cards and Cash (no american express) Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 am - 7:30 pm Sunday - Monday 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived with a party of six and had no trouble being seated and waited on. The portions turned out to be enormous and we took home at least as much as we ate. The food was good.
It is kind of out of the way and doesn't have great parking - but if you are looking for a lot to eat and good pancakes... this is a good place.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Went there with the family. We waited 15 min and the place was empty. My sister got the signature baked pancake. It was massive but it was just a big pancake baked like a cake nothing special. I had eggs with bacon ham toast, sausage & pancakes. All of it was fine but there pancakes are lacking. For a place that calls themselves the pancake house there not very flavorful. I got original just plain old syrup and butter. What ever batter there using is no good. It's like eating air. Also they use the same butter on there corn bread as there pancakes as well and the butter tasted weird. I would not go back. For the price I would of been just as happy at a Denny's for half the price. Also the menu is massive some 70 odd different pancake combinations. They need to keep it simple. I've watched to much kitchen nightmares and watched chef Ramsey say keep the menu simple to many times.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

we waited 20-30 minutes for a table. once i sat down i was completely surprised by how many open tables there were... which meant they only had like 2 people serving. they have such a big place but not enough staff to run it... i think they have too many choices on the menu. keep it simple.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here this morning for breakfast as we had heard the food was good and the portions were huge. I agree with both of these observations. I got pancakes with cinnamon and strawberries and my wife got a fritatta with cheese and some breakfast meat and veggies. Service was good, food came out fast and was good but not great like Yoders, Toasted Mango or Millie's.

If you are in the area this is good enough for a visit but the atmosphere is a bit lacking. It is clean but something about it is a bit off. Not a deal breaker if you are hungry and in the mood for a gigantic meal. The amount of pancakes, waffles, french toast and omelets on the menu is staggering. Pretty much any combo you can thing of they have. Prices are good for the huge portions but I probably wouldn't drive this far again for it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We just returned from this establishment and were terribly disappointed. The food is not good, and had no redeeming healthy qualities. The pancakes we had were too sweet and dry. The cornbread (some of which had chocolate chips - yuck!) was also way too sweet - more like cake. The atmosphere was dreary and depressing. Interestingly, the staff all took pride in the unsightly stacks of Styrofoam containers surrounding the tables which were needed to take home at least half of the food they give you. Instead of overwhelming customers with monstrous portions, they should give you less food with more flavor and better quality, at a lower price. We will not be returning.