“Very pleased”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Lake Placid, Florida
“Very pleased”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I could not afford to get away for the entire labor day weekend so we decided to drive about 2 hours from home and found this hotel online and made a phone call to them. Rhonda was very pleasant on the phone and assured us that it was a nice place and good choice between the others that we were looking at. We arrived there to be greeted by a very outgoing and nice person (Rhonda) whom I in talking with works two jobs yet she was most pleasant and helpful in all aspects. The hotel, the room, pool and hot tub was very very clean and everyone was very friendly. Beds not up to our standard because we are use to a softer bed, yet it was worth the get away stay. Lake Placid, FL

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thom H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We hope to see you again!
Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lake Placid, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came over to Bradenton to see a baseball game and were pleasantly surprised at the welcome we recieved from Tom the desk clerk. He was so very helpful, with an early check-in, directions to the ball park, and general info. A real asset to the front desk. The next morning at the free breakfast we encountered the "breakfast attendant", I just can't seem to remember her name and for that I am sorry. She was great, so sweet and accomodating, she keeps that place spotless. A great experience and we definitely will return for another ballgame.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked a room here the day before on a busy holiday weekend. I scoured for something available in our price range, was a little worried about what we'd get at that late time. We hadn't had great luck in this area in the past.

When we arrived, the left side of the property had locked gates (for security?). We drove around a bit and eventually realized we could not get in without going back out to 66th. Once in, the gentleman at the desk was very amiable and energetic at the late hour we arrived. Entering our room, the first impression was freshness. A spray of air freshener and newer furniture probably helped. The bathroom could have used a touch of decoration. Oh, well! The A/C was good (turned too low to 65, though) and didn't give that humid feeling some hotel A/C does. The most visible areas of the room were extremely clean. I eventually noticed some overlooked things. Hair trimmings near sink, a few food spots on the phone and wall. I've done housekeeping work and I know that when you are short on time and marking off a checklist of important things, some areas are easily overlooked. But things like clean walls and corners make a place feel truly clean. Also, ground and room maintenance employees should check for trash in odd spots on grounds, and take care of ceilings. Our bathroom ceiling was peeling. We reported this during checkout as it could indicate a problem.

On our first morning, we tried the hotel's breakfast and it was decent. Pastries, waffles (the fun make them yourself ones), yogurt, sausage, gravy and biscuits were some options. There were vegetarian choices, but no obvious vegan friendly ones like fruit. I think I liked the room coffee (maker was clean...I check!) more than the lobby coffee. But I was grateful for both. The dining area was kept fairly clean and the view of nice landscaping was very pleasant.

I like to be nit-picky in reviews to let others know what they are getting and to help hotel management readers. But I think that we were very fortunate in our case, it wasn't a bad stay!

Room Tip: I imagine a room on the outside and not in the pool courtyard would be quieter. We didn't get o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caldoria
Thom H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Thom Hett
Comfort Inn Bradenton
941-747-7500
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice and clean for the price, good free continental breakfast, nice pool it even has access for disable people that is nice, friendly staff, nice guy at front desk, about 20 minute drive to Anna Maria Island lots of restaurants close by. I was happy for what I paid a nigth.

Room Tip: I think a room next to pool is nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Quick efficient check in. Staff friendly. Extremely clean. Breakfast has good choices. Little extras were attended to immediately . There was no outside restaurant on site but several chains were within a mile of the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Had booked the two rooms for two nights and was not pleased with the cleanliness. There was dirt around all the edges of the carpet, odor in room, headboard had some sort of sediment from other guests etc. I felt uncomfortable about touhing most of the things like remote, chairs and so on. Would advise the staff to clean as if they or their family member were staying in a room, that's what you get a paycheck for.

The front counter staff was pleasant and very helpful, especially Pat who treated you as if you were a friend. The breakfast was typical items. The lady who attended this area kept it very clean and was on top of any spills or messes. Maybe management should let her train housekeeping....

Because of the Front desk and breakfast staff I would stay and ask that they tidy up the room better. I typically leave extra money for the room cleaner, but not on this trip.

• Stayed March 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The front desk made a wrong date of reservation for me.They would not refund my money ten minutes after the reservation was placed. The manager was very rude and would not give me his real name, even changed his name from Tom to Steven. Beware of this hotel.I will pursue this complaint.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank artoledo89
Thom H, Manager at Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
With this reservation it was confirmed by our staff and yourself for the dates of March 8th check-in and check-out March 9th. You were also told that the reservation would be unable to be cancelled and you would be charged as soon as the reservation was made. I'm sorry that you feel that we were being Deceitful, when actually you did talk to both myself (Thom) and Steven, as well as another staff member.
I am the manager and my name is Thom, as I have given you the night of your reservation, as well as each time you have called and talked with me, this is my real name, I have no reason to hide that fact, or tell you otherwise.
Again I am sorry that you fell we were deceitful towards you with your reservation, we strive to make sure each and every guest understands and confirms each one of their reservations when people make them, we also inform everyone of the cancellation policy as well as any charges that will be made, as we had done with you and your reservation.
Thom H.
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall? Share your experiences!