“Not a clean place”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Florida
“Not a clean place”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had made reservations for a king non-smoking room, walked in to find the poorly dressed desk clerk seated, leaning back with his feet up on the counter. I actually thought he was a maintenance worker. He gave me a key, I went to a room and was overwhelmed with the odor of smoke when the door opened. I went back and told him I had a no smoking reservation. He said that they didn't have any of what I wanted available. He finally found a double bed in a non smoking room for me. I travel frequently with sporting teams and this was the dirtiest room I have been in in 5 years. The walls and doors were covered with dirty hand prints and smudges, the ceiling paint was peeling and hanging down in the bathroom, but the worst by far was the carpet. I found that if I walked barefoot across the carpet then stepped into the tub I would leave black (dirty) footprints. It is obvious the carpets need cleaned. I encountered 3 different desk clerks during my stay - all were very indifferent, not friendly but not discourteous, just there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pine Valley, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Interesting to read many of the other reviews, especially the negative ones. The soccer mom obviously had a poor experience, but if you're traveling with that many people, complications often arise. Outside hallways are a personal choice ... I enjoy walking out the door to a beautiful day.
For myself, my only complaint was the small selection of TV channels -- obviously not a huge negative. Comfort Inn has become my default choice ... It seldom disappoints, and this o e did not: clean, quiet, convenient to freeway, hot water, comfortable beds, good parking. This one even has a large pond with ducks out back, and a McDonalds a short walk away.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RogerDR26
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I travel often and stay in mostly Comfort Inn's and Hampton Inn's. My stay at this motel was a pleasant experience. The room was one of the cleanest rooms I have encountered, smelled great and the bed and pillows were super comfy!. Very nice pool and hot tub, good laundry facility. The lobby and breakfast area was clean. My room was not near the pool and was extremely quiet. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel and McDonalds. Nearby outlet mall. Staff was friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: If available, stay in a handicap room. Usually closest to the lobby, roomier and usually in better...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank terre2231
Sebring
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Accommodations are the best we stayed in, in the price range. Nice view,pool and jacuzzi. Close to I75 and 14 miles from the beach. Very friendly peopple. Very good breakfast. Sure we are going to reccomend to friends and family. We are planning to stay there again. With coupon you can pay only $59.95 the night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rafael F
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here 3 nights to attend a local soccer tournament. We had a block of 14 rooms, several of which had problems such as: a toilet that wouldn't flush, leaking toilet flap that caused the tank to lose water and refill 4 times an hour, all day and all night long. Maintenance was requested 2 mornings and never fixed. Rodent feces on a bed head & dirty tissue in the sheets of the bed - to which the occupant had to clean herself and make her own bed because there was only 1 staff member on property & she was front desk clerk. A replacement room was offered that had no working a/c or lights. Other rooms in our block had hair in the shower, ants in the room, large cobwebs and blood on bedskirts. Clearly their housekeeping staff is failing at their job. Not worth the $99/per night...at best $45/night is more in line. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank csj32201
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2012

reminded us of an old fashion motel. No inside hallways, all rooms had outside door - you could hear people coming and going for hours, car doors and people talking outside and such. I usually dont book these as I dont always feel safe. little on the expensive side $90 for a very basic, clean room. breakfast wasnt available until 6:30 and we had to leave by 6:15 - and they hadnt even started getting anything together for breakfast. If we had to we would stay here again as it was clean and comfortable but prefer hotels with inside hallways and breakfast available at 6am.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AbbysNana01
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed in many Comfort Inns and found this one to be right on the mark. It was smaller than most but had everything we needed. The room was spacious and clean. We were given a room that opened up right into the pool, which was a definate plus. The breakfast was the standard Comfort Inn fare; egg, waffles, cereals, etc. Something for everyone. When we went for breakfast, we found two ducks waiting outside the dining room door. Then we discovered that the desk clerk fed them breakfast every morning and they were just waiting their turn. I thought that was a nice touch. For the price ($80.00) we had a nice room, a comfortable bed and a tasty breakfast. What more can you expect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exnorther
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall? Share your experiences!