“Great Location!”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Beautiful property in the heart of Pittsburgh Pirate Spring Training location. Neighboring restaurant is superior. Not thrilled about NO complimentary coffee in the lobby and the climate control in the rooms is a bit wacky. Thermostat is in the BR and it is FREEZING when the living area is comfortable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Teressa G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here over the Christmas break. The staff in the lobby were friendly and efficient. Fortunately we didn't run into the problems others have reported with inaccessible luggage carts, though we did notice a sign showing up in the elevators pleading with people to return carts. The location is very nice, and conveniently located.

The reason for the middling review is two-fold. First, wifi access was awful. The connection would drop sometimes a few times an hour, and the access point would disappear. Eventually I had to tether to my phone. (This was particularly important when we wound up staying in the room a full day due to illness.)

Second, the housekeeping was a big disappointment. Every day there would be something not restocked that should have been: shampoo, soap, washclothes. And one night I got into bed to find the sheet only reached the top 2/3 of the bed. Short-sheeting the bed? Really? Hard to believe a professional housekeeper can do this by accident. Did we do something to offend them?

In all, I expect to find a different hotel when we return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fred152
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

First let me say that I am not nit-picky about hotels and recently stayed in a Courtyard in Orlando which was fine.

We arrived around 4 pm on a weekday. There were just two girls at the desk and presumably someone behind the scenes at the Bistro when we checked in. There were no luggage carts in the lobby and when we asked the response was that 'hopefully someone will bring one back'. Needless to say, this did not happen so we schlepped our luggage to our room. The room smelled really funky and we debated if we should ask for another one but the thought of dragging the luggage around and possibly getting another room that had the same kind of odor was too much so we opened the window and hoped for the best.

The following morning I went down to the Bistro to order breakfast to take to our room. There were two or three people wearing staff badges greeting guests in the lobby - couldn't figure out a reason for this but thought it a stark contrast to the afternoon when there were just the girls at the front desk. I ordered a sandwich for my husband and oatmeal for myself. When I got back to our room I discovered that there were two sets of knife/forks but no spoon for the oatmeal. Also the oatmeal was supposed to have nuts with it and there were none. We did eat a light dinner at the Bistro later during our stay and it was fine and the staff were very attentive.

One day there were no washcloths in the bathroom and the next day there were no hand towels. Not really such a big deal unless you are standing in the bathroom ready to jump in the shower, suddenly discover you have nothing to wash with and room service takes 3/4 hour. However, the following day when we asked for the hand towels they arrived almost immediately.

This hotel is in a really nice location along the Riverfront and is very conveniently located for access to I-75. The ground floor and the grounds are beautiful but I think there is a lack of attention to detail and spotty customer service.

I would not choose to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Norway, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I spent five nights at this location during the Bradenton Blues Festival. It was very easy to find and great location. I loved being able to walk on the RiverFront every day. I was traveling alone and felt very safe. Spent a couple hours each day at the pool and enjoyed the hot tub. Note - you need to ask the front desk for pool towels (which they don't tell you). The room was spacious with a seperate living room. Had a small mini fridge which came in handy. Would have loved a micorwave but not a huge deal. Bed was comfy, linens were nice and room was clean.
Ladies at the front desk were helpful. The housekeeping was very good and worked with you based on your schedule. When asking for a good place to eat, they always recommended the restaruant next door.... However, once I started talking to folks in town, I found alot of other great places to eat. Loved the Tarpoon Tiki Restaraunt which is located only a mile away. If you are going to the Blues Festival, its the perfect location as you can walk to the festival from the hotel.

Room Tip: My room was facing the pool which could get noisy at night... but I didn't mind. However, if y...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Marriott Courtyard is usually a safe bet and this was no exception. The location was perfect for us and, while we only stayed one night, it worked out very well. The young woman at the desk was helpful and we were thankful for the cafe. Ordered soup an wings to take to the room and it really hit the spot. It was clean, quiet and comfortable - I would've liked to stay longer!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here as a convenient location for a business trip. As others have commented, the hotel has been updated and is very nice. The hotel front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. I have not stayed in a Courtyard for a while and was not familiar with the Cafe restaurant. The breakfast choices are fairly limited, but I can say my eggs and oatmeal were very good. The convenient store was nice, but they were out of some of the items. The rooms appear to be somewhat updated, but not totally. The towels were pretty thin and used. The curtains to the "balcony" were 1960s vintage. There was obvious water damage on the carpet next to the sliding door. I could not open the sliding door in my room, it would not unlock. I did see a cockroach run under the bed on my last night. This may be common in Florida, not sure. If I was not checking out the next morning,I would have changed rooms. The Fitness Room was pretty good. They had the treadmills with the TV on the front, so bring your earphones. The hotel was convenient to the River Walk to the street filled with pubs and restaurants. I felt safe walking at night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Earth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently renovated lobby looks very nice. Rooms could use the same freshening.

Well-designed desk area with (4) power outlets along with on desk TV Input (HDMI, RCA, VGA)

No wired internet, only wireless. Was able to connect (3) wireless devices without any issue.

Bedside is one outlet at wall mounted light.

Room is very quiet from outside noises. Room has in wall air-con unit and that does break the silence when its running. The unit would wake me up multiple times each night from the noise.

I had an issue with an areas of the room not being cleaned and hotel management resolved swiftly and effectively.

Great location on the river walk and downtown area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank StarTraveler88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
#11 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront? Share your experiences!