We arrived only to find out that we were booked a handicapped room equipped with orthopedic structures in the bathroom etc, and told that they do not alert the guest that they're booking a handicapped room unless they specifically ask. Unfortunately they were also sold out when we attempted to change rooms, so we were forced to pay a premium to upgrade to a "riverfront" room. A $200 room with a joke of a "view" on the first floor. We again, had to change room types to accomodate our budget and children and found comfort in the standard double queen suite to call it a day! We were told there would be a large Holiday party dinner buffet in the ballroom for $30 per person, $70 per person bar included. Upon arriving we were told the menu consisted of hotdogs, hamburgers, potato salad (and your favorite summer BBQ cold sides). Hardly worth half the price of what they were gauging guests for. Found it very difficult to sleep the night of the 4th, as the other guests were out by the pool drinking and partying till after midnight. It is permitted too for guests to bring their own alcahol poolside...inviting many to come equipped with 'tall boys' and cases of beer, only to be left there for cleanup the morning after as we exit for a morning river walk. The pool is poorly managed, late night partiers, and early 6am kids awaking guests swimming and splashing. Upon arriving for breakfast (that was to be included per our reservation, as we have children and breakfast is a must), we were alerted that breakfast was not included in either reservations booked (2 rooms, 5 days a piece). A manager understanding the difficulties we had experienced already with our reservation ensured that she would handle it and make sure breakfast was included for our stay. Turns out the manager included a breakfast with 1 room reservation for 1 day. The rest of our week they refuse to look into. "Your reservation confirm code isn't one that includes breakfast, so I'm sorry there's nothing I can do." Of course upon contacting the reservations department at Marriott too to look into the breakfast mixup, they conveniently cannot look up reservations that are current or old.
As a business owner myself, my opinion of this place is the accommodations are nice, however the operations are horrible. The management of this place is a joke.
If you have a "family" and are not a single traveler on business, would highly NOT recommend.
Unfortunately we have another 3 night stay before heading home, however fingers are crossed we don't run into any further complications.
Now, off to find breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover premier accommodations at Courtyard by Marriott Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront, located directly on the Manatee River near the Gulf of Mexico, Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key. Our pet friendly hotel in Bradenton, Florida features free high speed Internet access, The Bistro, a modern fitness center and gorgeous outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota / Riverfront Hotel Bradenton
- Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota Riverfront
- Holiday Inn Bradenton
- Bradenton Holiday Inn