“My stay at Bradenton Econo Lodge”

Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed June 22, 2009

The rooms are nice and clean, staff go over and above to get you what you need. My family stays at the Econo Lodge in East Bradenton off Exit 220 I-75 sometimes 3 weekends a month. We have stayed at several other hotel/motels at this exit and have found that the staff,clean rooms, helpfulness and just the over all feeling we get to be the best in the area. Thanks to the Seagers' for making us feel welcome and important.
Brown Racing Team

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2009

boater's, why pay 100's of dollar's a night with cramped parking around the beach, i found this little jewel 3 year's ago, from the time you walk in the office, your greeted with a smile from andrea, mike or diane,all have a helpful attitude. the room's are clean fresh smelling, and the ground's are spotless thank's to a friendly housekeeping staff and ground's keeper, the parking is great! not once have I had to unhitch and that with all room's full and 3 other large truck's there, the place is 2 minute's from I75, and less than 15 minutes from most of the major boat ramp's. plus when your whipped from boating all day , you have walk to eating, sonny's micky d's across the street and more, plus wally world, and I found 1 block down the street a great boat trailer supply house that came in handy one trip, all in all, I would much rather be able to afford to go to the beach 12 time's a year than once or twice, give them a try, worth a couple of minutes extra drive

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed May 21, 2009

After two days on the road and one miserable night in another motel, we found the Econo Lodge in Bradenton and were very grateful!!! The room was cool and roomy. (The motel we stayed in the night before was smaller than my bedroom at home and the a/c just could not keep up.) The bathroom was very clean and just the right size. The furniture was nice and the bed a nice king size!!! (You might need to bring your own pillows) It didn't smell like a smoker had been in the room before me!! Over all we had a good nights sleep and were rested for our two day trip back to Texas the next morning. Thanks for the Hospitality Florida, when we come back it will be the Econo Lodge for us!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2009

This place was the worst place I have ever stayed. I was with my husband who was in Florida working and my children and I had went alone with him. The room had a funky smell and you could feel moisture in the air. The cable tv only has like 20 channels and the most of them are like cnn or some kind of news. The tub was dirty. Still had someone elses hair in the tub when we got there. The bedsheets come off the bed when you sleep and the blankets had cigarette holes in them. The mattresses were dirty on top. The housekeepers are rude!! My son got the bed wet with a little bit of formula and the housekeeper about had a heart attack. My husband and I had been out and when we got back the housekeeper told me that she layed 2 garbage bags on the end of the bed and to lay my children on top of those garbage bags when I put them to bed. What is the matter with these people. I can understand not getting the mattress wet,l but telling me to lay my child on a garbage bag. Not excepted by me in any means!! Also I would stay in the room while my husband was working, and the housekeepers wouldnt hardly clean the room. I usually made the beds my self and the only thing they would do is take out the garbage and towls and bring some towels back. They wouldnt even clean up the bathroom or anything. That was all they would do. I would tell them I needed room service and thats all I got. I remember one night I told one housekeeper that I needed the bed changed. Well she never came back so when my husband got back he had to go to the office and get them to bring us some sheets and we made the beds ourself. The facility is not friendly. If anyone has young children, I would not recomment staying in this hotel. It is way to dirty for small kids. The only thing good was the close by restuarants and shopping. The keys also get deactivated somehow. We had to go the office several times because our keys wouldnt work. They said they were deacivated. This was an aweful stay and I can gladly say we will never stay here again. I dont even give this place a one star rating. Very upset with the stay. One last thing, We ended up having to check out earlier than planned, and instead of them charging for the 2 days for that week, they charged us for a full week.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We chose this motel for its proximity to our friends. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. There was ample parking for our big pickup. We would definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank radiomanRichmond
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Pros:
- Got a good rate of about $50/night
- Close to lots of good stuff (Wal-Mart; Interstate exit; Cracker Barrel; Waffle House; Rita's Ice Cream; Publix; Outlet shopping, etc.)
- Close to interstate, but you don't notice the noise of it
- Decent pool
- Comfy bed
- Nice, helpful staff

Cons:
- Older facility that is showing some wear; needs updating
- Decor is so-so
- Straight shower bar & no curtain liner (When will hotels get it that we like the curved shower bars? I need to get close to the water and the soap--not the sticky, wet shower curtain.)
- If you're getting this to be close to the interstate and the beach, stay elsewhere. With traffic, you're about 30 minutes from the beach.

Overall:
- Great bargain for what you pay for. Competent, helpful staff. Lots of stuff a traveler needs is within a few miles (shopping, grocery, restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank ABC-Game-King
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I spent three nights here in early March, 2008. it wasn't my first choice, but for $80, the price was right. I had read the previous reviews and decided to try it out.
The location is right off rt 75 and is convenient getting to Sarasota, St Pete or Tampa areas. There are fast-food restaurants nearby, if that's what you want. My room was adequate, the room and bathroom were clean, although very basic. I opened the bathroom window for some night cool air. The screen could use replacement, as little bugs could sneak through, but only a couple did.
I enjoyed the free wifi available in my room. There is some occasional noise outside and no "view", but that's not what this hotel is all about. The management were very cordial and helpful. I gave this hotel a 3 because the management was very considerate and friendly. Others might give it a 2+. If you're looking to stay somewhere on a tight budget, this is a good place.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)