“Clean and accomodating!”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Kentucky
“Clean and accomodating!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I must say I was pleasantly surprised. While this isn't a luxury hotel, it was clean. That is most important to me. And Jeff, Towana and other personnel we encountered were so nice, friendly and helpful. For the price it WAS a great value. The coffee was good (very important). They provided yoghurt, oatmeal, muffins and juice in the morning. Walking distance to McDonalds, Starbucks, subway and Walmart. I would recommend it.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank runvjc
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Runvjc,
Thanks so much for your kind review. I am so glad you felt we offered a good value, especially during high season, when everyone's rates go up. We hope to see you again in the future!! Andrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Alamo
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We needed a single night in this area - arriving in the evening and leaving early the next morning. So...no need for major amenities; just a good night's sleep, a good shower and good location. Other reviews we saw made this look like it fit the bill and they were correct. A simple room with the basics; good wifi, a terrific shower, one of the most comfortable beds at almost any price. An average room but at an exceptional price.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if that is a concern, request first floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi Philip W! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review! I am glad you enjoyed your shower and bed, and that you felt the price was fair for what you received. Andrea
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We just spent one night here on Sunday Feb. 23. I guess for us when we are traveling the most important thing is a good bed. The bed was GREAT! They put us in the first handicapped room (we aren't!!!). The lady at the desk was very nice. The bathroom was a little awkward and dated. The free breakfast was good. Will return for sure for a good bargain!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pablocollier,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments. The handicap rooms were completely rebuilt last year. The rooms are a bit awkward due to incredibly complicated laws requiring setbacks for wheel chair access. The handicap rooms have less furniture in the room, and no counterspace in the bathroom to make room for the turning radius required for wheelchair users. The consultant we hired issued a 50 page report with recommendations, and we followed these as well as we were able, seeing as the motel was built before the new ADA regulations were put in place. All of the beds on the ground floor are new Simmons Beautyrest mattresses. They are very popular. We look forward to seeing you in the future! Andrea
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great value for the price. Good place if you are just stopping to sleep. A little welcome bag with Oreos and microwave popcorn. Pleasant greeting from staff. Coffee, juice, muffins, and bananas in the morning. We've paid a lot more for less at other hotels. Definitely economy level lodging. A number of fast food and family restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank askmey
Dear Askmey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! Our goal is to offer the best economy lodging in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. It is great to hear comments from our guests that we have succeeded in providing this. Andrea
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have stayed here 3-4 times and will keep coming back. The price can't be beat, the rooms are clean, free continental breakfast and the staff are super helpful and friendly. Besides all that there are restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elena L
Dear Elena L,
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit! Andrea
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had booked three nights at this hotel through the Americas Best Value Inn web site. I had two pieces of written confirmation with me when we tried to check in. In spite of my name being on the paperwork six times and the arrival dates clearly shown on ABVI headed paper, the receptionist told me that they did not have a reservation in my name. "Did you book directly with this motel" she wanted to know. No, I said, I booked through your web site. "Well that's the problem then" she said. "If you didn't book directly with the motel we don't have your reservation". Having driven 670 miles I was not in the best frame of mind at this point. I insisted that we had a confirmed reservation and demanded a room. She then had another look down her list and asked if my name was Mr. Stephen. My first name is Stephen and it turned out she was confusing my first and last name. When I pointed this out to her she reluctantly gave us a room but there was no apology for the stress and inconvenience caused.
I used to stop at this motel frequently when it was an Econ Lodge but never again. The prices have doubled and the service has diminished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the very noisy ice maker. It kept me awake.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear StephenMLPM, Please accept my sincerest apologies for the fact that the desk clerk was unable to find your reservation. Our rates double during February and March, going from around $40 to $80 during our high season. They will be dropping again in the middle of April, as they do every year. Sincerely, Andrea Seager
Chicago, Il
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Having stayed here several times we have repeatedly found it to be a good value with great staffing. We appreciated the improvements since last year but also noted the higher price, nevertheless should we be able to come again next year we will. (It was sad to learn of the death of Morris, the Econo-lodge cat :-(.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if stairs are a problem, ask for 1st floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 09GR,
I am so glad you were able to return this year. Unfortunately, Morris our 15year old stray motel cat died a very peaceful death a few months ago. He was a rather cranky orange cat who would let you pet him three times and then scratch your arm or bite your ankle. I talked to Phi (who was hopelessly attached to Morris) about what type of plant to put over his grave. He immediately conjured up a vision of a bougainvillea, which has really nasty sharp thorns. I thought that was perfect. The next day at the nursery, I found an ORANGE bougainvillea, which is extremely rare. It is now planted in his honor, and we all think of him every time we pass by. Andrea