“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My boyfriend, myself and another couple needed a place to stay as we had planned a motorcycle trip last weekend. Since we didn't know the area but I had read so many reviews on different hotels, I came across this one and thought it would be worth a try. I am so glad I did! If you are looking for a clean, no frills, cheap place to stay, you have found it here. The whole entire staff are so nice you can't go wrong staying there. So glad I found them and when our next bike trip leads us that way, I know where we will be staying!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi Linda! We look forward to having you back on your next adventure! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review! Andrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lancs England
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We are four friends enjoying an adventure travelling through America. We took in 7 states from Texas to Florida booking accommodation en route. We stayed at the Americas Best Value chain in Tunica which was very good so we looked for another in the Bradenton area. So glad we did. This hotel is clean and very friendly. The gentleman on the front desk was very helpful and found two rooms for us even though they were almost full. Many thanks. The property was being constantly painted and tended for the whole time we were there. The pool area is clean and quiet.Convenient location for places to eat and Walmarts. Really enjoyed our stay which gave us time to chill out before continuing our journey. I would happily recommend this motel to anyone need good clean accommodation at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Kathy!
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts! I am glad you enjoyed you stay with us during your tour of the United States. I hope you enjoyed your trip, and that you will take some nice memories home with you back to England. Andrea
Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We needed a place to stay in this area for a period of time that included Memorial Day Weekend. Our options were limited because of the holiday. To complicate the matters, my 86 year old dad & his friend were traveling with us. We needed ground-level, easy access rooms. After reading reviews, we decided to risk staying at this inn that is in a chain that we knew little about. WOW!! What a great decision!! The rooms were spacious & VERY clean. The staff could not have been more willing to help. We discovered this has been a family-owned business for 30+ years. They take great pride in this facility and it shows! Highly recommend!! If cleanliness, value & good American pride in ownersihp matter, STAY HERE!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear BB,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I am so glad you decided to take a chance on Americas Best Value Inn. We switched from Econo Lodge after our 20 year contract expired. ABVI has only been around for about 10 years, and has grown to over 1000 properties in this time. The interesting thing is that it is a membership organization of hotel owners, and the owners have voted to not renew the bottom 10% of the properties each year. This is creating an organization that is getting better and better as time goes on. We have been with ABVI about 6 months, and love working with our new guests, and the new corporate offices. The energy is so positive, and we are excited about the renovations we have been asked to do as new members. We hope to see you again in the future! Andrea
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stay one night. Small but clean comfortable room. Convinient location:places to eat all around (walking distances); walmart 1.5 miles. In the room there are a small fridge and microwave. Missing the coffee maker.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear LeendertzD,
Thank you so much for your comments. We try to keep our prices as low as possible, so we do not provide coffee makers, irons and boards, alarms clocks or blow driers in the rooms. We do provide coffee in the lobby with our continental breakfast from 6-10 in the morning at no charge, and the other items are available in the lobby upon request. We hope to see you again in the future! Andrea
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We just needed a hotel for the night and since this was not a vacation for us, we chose this hotel because of the lower price. We were shocked to find that the room was much nicer and cleaner than many expensive vacation hotels we had booked in the past! No loud noises or problems at all. The pool area is really cute & tropical - front desk very friendly!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Jan! I am so glad you were happily surprised! We really try to provide a clean room at an affordable price for those of us on a tight budget. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and share your thoughts. We really appreciate it, and hope to see you again when you are in the area. Andrea
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Check in clerk not very professional. I had reservations for 4 rooms with confirmation numbers. Clerk said we only had 1 room reserved. Showed him printed confirmations and he didn't care because he didn't have our reservation. He became extremely rude to me with a very mean load tone in his voice. Didn't seem to care ablut the situation. After phone calls to his boss situation finally resolved. Rooms had issues. I found used face cloth hanging on shower curtain rod. Someone had craped on the front of toilet. One room had ac problems. I had never stayed at a hotel where alarm clock are an option. If you want one you have to go to the office. Some buttons on the tv remote did not work. Very noisey location. Parking is a nightmare.

Room Tip: Look at room before checking in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Ed, I received a call from a very upset desk clerk after he had checked in three of your rooms. I was able to find the missing fourth room, which you had reserved online for the following day. We were able to fit you into a full house by moving other reservations around.

I will speak with my housekeepers regarding the unacceptable cleanliness issues you experienced. I will have the maintenance man go through all four rooms and test the remotes and check the air conditioners.

I am issuing a credit for one room night for your problems. I wish you happy travels in the future!
Andrea
Davison
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located north of town and a bit of a drive to the beach but,other than that, it's a great location. There are several AWESOME restaurants nearby, a Walmart, groceries, car wash, gas stations, etc. Near an I-75 interchange too so very handy if you just happen to be passing through.

The hotel itself is old but updated. Bed was very comfy, staff was very friendly, bathroom was HUGE (we did have an ADA room since it was the only room left), pool area was clean, and a continental breakfast (standard, nothing fancy) was included in the CHEAP price. Wile other lodging choices in the area were sixty and seventy dollars for a night, we paid just over $84 FOR TWO NIGHTS!

Three problems with this spot. One is parking. It wasn't possible for us to park outside our door, or even anywhere within sight of our room - because there was no vacancy. So there really wasn't anything the staff could do about that.

The second complaint I have is the air conditioning unit was LOUD! Again, I don't think there's anything management could do about it, but it made for a long night. I'd have to turn the volume up on the TV every time the air kicked on, and down every time the air kicked off. (I'm sure the neighbors weren't too happy with us.)

The third complaint is the limited TV stations and no guide channel. Since we are TV junkies, this was a problem but, for most, this probably wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

Besides the benefits I've already mentioned, there's also a couple others worth mentioning:

~ Within walking distance to several restaurants including Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, and a couple others.
~ A microwave and fridge were included
~ They give you a care package which included a small package of Oreos and a package of microwave popcorn
~ 24 hour attendant on duty

I guess the fact that this hotel has a "No Vacancy" sign up quite often is no surprise given all of the benefits it offers. Would highly recommend for any family on a budget, or for anyone who doesn't need all the bells and whistles.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank momtomitchell
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi Momtomitchell!
I am so sorry you had problems parking, and that the a/c unit was noisy. I will have our maintenance man pull the units and check them out in the four ADA rooms. Thanks so much for recommending us to families and travelers on a budget! We try our best to provide clean rooms at a reasonable price, as travel has gotten very expensive over the years, with the price of gas, food and lodging all going up. We hope to see you again if you travel back to Bradenton! Andrea