“2nd GREAT stay here in last two months!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Covington, Georgia
“2nd GREAT stay here in last two months!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here two months ago and had such a welcome, pleasant stay that we decided to come back down again. We brought another couple with us and reserved two non-smoking rooms on the 1st floor with Queen Beds. Once again this was a WONDERFUL stay for 4 nights just to relax and enjoy the area. We could have gone anywhere, BUT, because of the way Andrea, Jeff, and other staff, INCLUDING the cleaning staff, treated us with so much respect that we just had to come back here. HOSPITALITY is the KEY word in our description of this hotel. Thanks again for the wonderful treatment and facility. Was a little worried when we headed down because it was SPRING BREAK time. This hotel was quiet, BUSY, and the pool was great too.

Room Tip: Downstairs non smoking rooms are all that I can say that we know are great!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi Ed! I am so glad you had a nice vacation and that the motel was nice and quiet during spring break. I will pass your comments along to the staff, they will be pleased. Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope to see you again in the future! Andrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in Bradenton on family business and booked the hotel for four nights. The rooms are basic, but clean and free wifi. We didn't expect to spend much time at the hotel, so it was prefect for us. Unfortunately at the last minute our plans had changed and we needed to check out after the first night. The front desk staff could not have been nicer and understanding of our situation. When we arrived they charged our credit card for the four nights and when we left they reimbursed our credit card for three nights. It was a something we were not expecting because it was a last minute cancellation of three nights. If you need a place to stay in Bradenton for a clean room, reasonable price & great staff, please stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear SBCA Traveler,
I am happy that we were able to help you out during your stay! We try our best to work with any changes that our guests need to make. I hope that all of your family issues were successfully resolved, and we hope to see you again if you end up in Bradenton! Andrea
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I were very impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms and the polite staff. The rates were excellent. We enjoyed having the little bags of snacks. We have stayed in much more expensive hotels and never had encountered that on our other trips. I would highly recommend. Thank you to the staff for making our first visit to Florida together enjoyable. Hotel is just off 75, very easy to find.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank skbartskbart
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hi Skbartskbart!

I am so glad you enjoyed your first trip to Florida! I will pass on your comments to my housekeepers, that the room was clean. They will appreciate your comment. We hope to see you on your next visit to Florida! Andrea
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We were heading in late at night and found this on tripadvisor. The other reviews were spot on...it definitely is an older motel/hotel style. It has the dated comforters, 1970's phone and older style TV...we stayed on the second floor. There was a musty smell to the room that might be just from being older. Apparantly the first floor was updated a bit more.

We never got woke up by any neighbors and we stayed during spring break. Could hear some road traffic (when someone squealled tires).

Overall, it was a wonderful value to come rest our heads! Not too shabby for a Ma and Pa establishment!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jellibean_jo
Hi Jellibean_jo! Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay! I am glad you felt you received a good value. We are doing some remodeling this summer and the motel should be in really nice shape for the next Winter tourism season. Sincerely, Ma (Pa is off today, playing golf)
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After calling around to many hotels in the area which only started at double the price of this one, I decided to make a reservation at ABVI only once I read the reviews on TripAdvisor.

The overall feeling I got from the reviews was correct - the rooms are nothing fancy, but great for a short stay. Handy location right next to I-75, but about 10 minutes to downtown Bradenton. Firm yet comfy beds, small flat-screen TVs, and a clean bathroom (although an odd shower to operate - fear not, there are instructions on the wall!). The rooms even have a fridge and microwave, which was great!

Price was great, about $70/night. Not the friendliest front desk staff, but the job gets done. Great for short stays!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi SarahJane,
I'm glad you gave us a call during your search! I will have a discussion with my cranky desk clerks and see if we can't do something about that. Our prices go down substantially during the summer. We hope to see you again in the future if you are heading this way again! Andrea
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My visit in Bradenton, Florida was totally unexpected. I have a older brother who was in a car accident, and in ICU at Blake Medical Ctr, his discharge date will be many months away, as he is paralyzed.

I need a good hotel to stay at over the next several months. I wanted a clean room, and a safe location, friendly staff- i needed NO FRILLS . I WILL be staying with America's Best throughout this process !!

I got more than that-friendly staff, clean room, firm bed, no bed bugs, a small free continental breakfast. America's best was agreeable to a late check in (i was driving 11 hours from NC) Great rates on rooms, small swimming pool. Easy access to the interstate. Several eateries within less than a block, I HOP, waffle house, mcdonalds, cracker barrel. Also gas station is within a block.
Also, near the beach and shopping? but i haven't seen any of that, unfortunately.

Please note,this is a MOM and Pop small hotel (it is 10 miles outside the heart/center of Bradenton) near interstate, in a safe, very quiet area, with a little swimming pool in the parking lot. They are great to stay with !!
ms. terri

Room Tip: safe, clean rooms, quiet area
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Ms. Terri,
I am so very sorry to hear about your brother's accident. I can not even begin to imagine what you and your family must be going through. Please call the motel directly the next time you need rooms, and ask for the crew rate. This will ensure that the clerk will tag your room and that you will have the lowest possible rate as you go through this process. I wish you and your family all the best. Andrea
Glenville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2013

but better than that if you're comparing prices in March along this stretch of I-75. Looked at many equivalent star ratings that were $60-$80+ per night more, for several exits south of exit 220, this was $80 in March 2013 on Booking.com
Two story, outside corridors, electronic card reader locks, no elevator. Older type motel layout you're very familiar with, in-room ac unit, small refer and microwave, fiberglass insert in tub/shower. Fresher paint, clean enough, smaller, spare room, some floor tile, pleasant check-in and cleaning staff.
Internet worked well, gave me the login and passcode along with room number on a paper form at check-in. Hidden wall outlets, but thoughtful multiplier outlet easily accessible near ac unit.
Pro's are right off interstate exit, surrounded by fast food and sit down restaurants (Cracker Barrel, McDonald's is almost adjacent to this location), gas stations.
Cons are some road noise from right off interstate, but masked by ac unit.
Next renovation to-do has to be new mattresses and box springs. Not completely terrible, but have definitely seen their day.
If you require a firm mattress, then my guess is you're going to pay more, maybe a lot more. If's that's not an issue, and nearby services and market-beating pricing are the priority, this is it.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room, and away from road noise if that's a bother.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RetireeTraveler33715
Dear RetireeTraveler33715,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I realize that it is tough to find a reasonably priced room in Bradenton during February and March. We try to keep our rates low, but do need to earn enough during our high season to pay our property taxes and insurance in August and November (yuck). Otherwise, we need to close our doors. We have just purchased and installed new Simmons beds in all of the downstairs non-smoking rooms, so I would recommend calling the motel and asking for a ground floor room if you have back issues, etc. We hope to see you again when you travel through Sarasota and Bradenton! Andrea