“Liked it here”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Erie, PA
“Liked it here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my first time staying here, but my husband has stayed a couple other times on a golfing trip with friends. I liked it very much. Very clean and very affordable. Several places close by to eat. My only complaint was it was a little too light in the room at night and that is why the average rating for sleep quality, but then again, I am a very light sleeper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Chewystu,
Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay. The outside walkways are strongly lit at night for safety and security. I will definitely look into a way to make the rooms darker at night the next time we replace curtains. This is on the list for next year. We hope to see you and your husband again on the next golfing adventure!
Andrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent 3 nights here January 27 thru January 30th 2013. The room was spotless, the beds were more comfortable than ours at home. AND I will assure you we are PICKY PICK PICKY when it comes to hotels. The price was a great value and you get your choice of Muffins, Orange Juice, Coffee, and several flavors of Oatmeal. The staff were kind, and very helpful when asked about restaurants and fishing venues. You also have refrigerator and microwave oven in the room. We will be back here soon. P.S. We forgot one suitcase and left it in the room. 8 hours later, when we got home, I called them. They had it stored in the office, and we will arrange shipping home tomorrow. That is HONESTY, and that is rare today in most places.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hi elstwo!

Thanks for taking the time to write about your visit! I hope you caught lots of fish and that your suitcase arrived home in one piece. We hope to see you again next time!

Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am lying in room 202 right now after a very restful night's sleep chuckling to myself so as not to wake my daughter. I just spent a wonderful evening in a gem of a motel and have been moved to write a glowing review, the only problem is that I don't think anyone will believe me when I say that this motel is so perfect that I feel guilty for paying so little.
The location is very handy and within walking distance of many chain restaurants and just off one of the main roads leading to the beaches. The parking lot is immaculately clean, the front office is small but very efficient. This area also doubles as the continental breakfast area. No seating, just a grab and go set up. The motel is very well lit at night, leading you to feel very safe.
The room we occupied was simple in its layout and was spotlessly clean. I reappear, spotlessly clean! The management and staff at this motel have focused on what the vast majority of guests want and all the other details have just meshed together nicely.
Walking into the room I noticed three things immediately that shows the folks running this motel know what they are doing and are doing it well.
1. This room offers comfortable beds,quality linens and towels.
2. A small welcome pack that included a few items that brightened our stay that most other hotels or motels would try to charge you for. This is one of those small things that really adds the icing to the cake and was a nice surprise.
3. Now bare with me on this one....there were directions posted on the bathroom wall on how to use the shower/tub faucet. Until you have traveled a bit you never knew that there could be so many different versions of a shower faucet system. Figuring these out is what people call a first world problem, or something one should not complain about - but is a small frustration that you don't want to deal with until you have your first cup of coffee. This is the first lodging I have ever been at that has taken the time to post simple directions so I didn't have to figure things out myself. This simple detail seems so obvious now, but I know I would have ended up cursing out the faucet had it not been for those simple instructions.

I can see pride in ownership at this property and it truly makes a difference. Great job, it was a pleasure staying here. Thank you.

Room Tip: Judging by what I have seen, I think every room will be great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WFGlenn
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear WFGlenn,
Thank you for your kind review. The shower signs went up shortly after we bought the motel, twenty years ago. An apoplectic retired union plumber from New Jersey demanded a refund after not being able to take a shower. Terrified of the eight foot, 600 pound hulk in front of me, I meekly offered a full refund if there was a problem. The plumber shrank back to regular size after I showed him how to work the valve. The signs also prevent non-plumbers from ripping the handles off the wall and getting attacked by a high pressure water stream that can knock the glasses right off your head.
Regarding our prices, we strive to be the cleanest, affordable hotel in Sarasota and Manatee County so that our guests will have a bit of pocket change left over to go to a nice breakfast at Cracker Barrel, or fill up a gas tank.
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!!!
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed one night and my room was very clean, and in good repair. The front desk guy was nice and they even had a goodies bag waiting for me in the room. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. I would come back any time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi BXDIVER!
I'm glad you had a good stay. I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review! We would love to have you stay again in the future!
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

i stayed here this past christmas, and like many stays here in the past i had a fabulous stay. the staff is a well rounded team that goes out of their way to make sure that your stay is perfect.
andrea who is the hotel manager goes above and beyond and is a great team leader and manager.the hotel has always been clean, in great upkept condition so i was surprised to see that they were actually remodeling the rooms,so this makes their great price and location even better because now u will get a bigger bang for your buck!!!!

i could not ask for a better stay!

Room Tip: plan to have breakfast at nearby cracker barrel, or ihop. if you would like to park next to your roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrea S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hi Heather! Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you had a nice vacation! The rooms should be really nice when you come back again next year - we have a few surprises in store! Have a great year! Andrea
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our daughter recommended this hotel based on her experience, when she first moved to Bradenton; and now, two stays later for us, we won't stay anywhere else!! The friendly management is knowledgeable and helpful with directions and the hotel is super clean - even the parking lot! There is plenty of good, hot water in both shower and sink, and it comes on right away. There is a variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, a Wal-Mart nearby, and the hotel itself is just off the interstate on one of the main roads through town. I've met many guests who book repeat stays - they know a good thing also! This is the most inexpensive "good hotel" in the area - definitely the best for the price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank William S
Hi William S! I am so grateful you took the time to write a review, and that you had a nice time this year. We hope to see you again in the future when you visit your daughter!! Andrea
Southwest MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Needed a place to stay after arriving late at the St. Petersburg airport. Found this online. Great rate! $45 with all taxes (from hotel website)! Place isn't fancy, but it's very clean and the staff is very friendly. They were doing some repairs, updates when we were there. Made it a bit messy, but showed they were trying to keep the place in good condition. McDonald's nearby if you arrive late like I did. They had a "survival package" in our room (popcorn, oreos, etc.). Very cute. Breakfast had lots of options. Convenient if traveling South from St. Pete/Tampa area (we were headed to the Keys). Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MOchick
Hi MOchick! Thanks so much for writing a review! I am so sorry about the confusion with our name. We left Econo Lodge after 20 years in December and are now Americas Best Value Inn. We still have all of our awesome staff, just a new name on the building. We are doing quite a bit of remodeling the next few months, but most will be soft goods such as bedding, art and TVs. This shouldn't involve much dust or noise. The rough stuff is all done. We hope to see you again on a future trip to Florida! Andrea