“What a wonderfully pleasant surprise!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband & I aren't into big ticket hotel/motels. I searched thru the reviews for various budget priced motels and noticed most reviews on TripAdvisor for this Econo Lodge were very favorable. After staying here for one week I must say I agree with one reviewer that chided one critical reviewer as totally out of bounds. You absolutely can't beat the quality of the room and the upgrades (our room was on the lower level and offered granite vanity, new fixtures & remodeled bath). We were greeted by a little "welcome bag" filled with microwave popcorn, a package of Oreos and useful information to make our stay more pleasant. The furnishings are basic but the queen size bed was firm but very comfortable. The box spring and mattress were encased with a pliable plastic zippered covering (I didn't realize this till near the end of our stay while lifting the bed linens to look for something missing). The one on the mattress has a quilted/terrycloth top so you have no idea that your sleeping on a mattress covered with plastic. It seems to be an excellent way to keep the mattress clean.

Speaking of clean, our room had fresh towels, soaps, etc everyday when we returned to our room. The continental breakfast consists of fresh brewed coffee, orange juice, muffins & bagels with cream cheese, butter or jellies. If you don't see the container of half & half, just ask it's probably in the fridge.

The rooms come with a small fridge and microwave, but no clock or blow dryer but the latter is available by calling the front desk. We picked up an inexpensive clock at the local Walmart so we could see the time during the night but if you need a wake-up call just let someone at the desk know. They also offer wi-fi; I needed to print out a document and was able to email it to myself and then went to the front desk where I could print it. The staff was always friendly and accommodating. If in the Bradenton area again I would absolutely stay here again. BTW: if you truly want the best rate, call them directly!

Room Tip: Lower level rooms directly in front of pool may experience a little more people noise (laughter and...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda G

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I only considered staying at this Econolodge because of previous reviews. My wife was very hesitant when she found out I had booked this hotel stay for three nights while our son was playing in a sporting event in Sarasota nearby. When we arrived it was already nighttime and several men were hanging out in the parking lot which made my wife a little nervous as well. It turns out this location is popular with many truck drivers to catch up on their rest and they were just enjoying some brotherhood and stories. Everybody from the hotel staff to the guests were very friendly. The hotel is the older style but it is maintained very nicely (better than many much newer chain hotels). Most importantly our room was very clean and the bathroom area was nicely updated/remodeled. We didn't use it, but the pool area is beautifully landscaped and maintained with tiki huts and nice seating. The breakfast consists of just bagels, muffins, coffee or orange juice, but the bagels and muffins are Otis Spunkmeyer so they taste great, the coffee is better than many more expensive hotel chains I regularly stay at (such as Embassy Suites, yuk) and the orange juice tasted like Tropicanna or of comparable quality. I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend this hotel to friends that are on a budget as I am at this time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Not wanting to spend $100-$129 just to sleep for one night, My husbandand I took a chance on the Econo Lodge in Bradenton. It was convenient to family in Sarasota and to Tampa where we had business the next day. What a nice surprise! From the courteous personnel at the front desk to the soap in the shower, everything was way above expectations. They even have a house cat named Morris who will eat treats from your hand. You could definitely feel the warmth of a family run buisness, something that is seriously lacking with the big chain hotels. If you are planning to visit the Bradenton/Ellenton area, this is the real deal.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bonnie B
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Staff was very helpful and motel was extremely clean and well kept. Nice pool area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Thank heaven for Trip advisor...I almost didn't book here bc the rates were so cheap. I told my husband about all the reviews on trip advisor and we decided to give it a try. We only booked for one night....and figured if it was bad..so what, its one night.

After a horrid flight on Delta connecting from Philadelphia to Atlanta, running through Atlanta airport, late into Orlando...getting a false quote on our car, we finally arrived at the hotel at 5am.

Helen was AWESOME...Seriously. Tired we checked in at 5am, and even though check out was at 11, she said we could stay until probably 1230...Are you serious...what other hotel does that...none that I know of.

We woke at 8, and got coffee and bagels from the office...and decided to book another night...Mike was so nice, all he had left was an upstairs, but said he could juggle so we wouldn't have to pack all our stuff and move....THANK YOU>

The rooms smelled clean, the comforters didn't give you that gross feeling...Seriously, I travel alot and do RIU in Cancun and Jamaica which are five star hotels and this one had it all. I didn't think twice about even taking a bath to shave my legs (which I never take a bath in a hotel)..but this one...no problem.

Cute little pool that was nice, when my husband was watching football after we got home from the beach...I just went to the pool.

The beaches are about 13 miles but the drive down the coast is beautiful.

My cousin lives and Sarasota, and we could have stayed there free, but considering the price and the cleanliness...hotel staff...we decided to stay here. The gardeners and housekeepers are even friendly...

I can't say enough...If I weren't moving to Florida next month myself, I would definately stay here every visit...but I will be sure to tell my friends about this hotel/motel.

Carolyn

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ceecox
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Owner/General Manager went out of his way to help me out. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable, shower head great water pressure, contiental breakfast is lite. They have a great small truck parking they give you a permission permit to park your commerical truck or 18 wheeler truck. We did not use the pool. They do not have a spa or room service. There is no elevator being it is only one floor hotel/motel.

Room Tip: The room for us seemed well insulated from outside noise. We enjoyed our stay.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrsRH811
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were on this last leg of our honeymoon and looked for a place just for sleeping because we had planned to be out all day, everyday we were in Bradenton. The location was great! A short run to the beach and close to I-75 to go shopping at the Premium Outlets. The room was very clean and had a big bathroom. Most of all, the staff was very friendly, helpful and informative. We will definitely be back and would recommened Econo Lodge East.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple