“bad stay”

Days Inn Bradenton - Near the Gulf
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I took my annual vacation to Florida, but this year I took my son, his girlfriend and two small children, and a fully certified, trained, service animal for the 6 year old boy who has multiple disabilities, and requires a wheel chair and various other assistance. We had spent a beautiful month in Florida and had begun our trip home. We arrived at the hotel around 8:15 pm and were greeted by a short, stocky woman named Teresa, who wore to much make up and had halitosis that permeated the entire lobby. Stifling my regret at the choice of THIS specific Days Inn, I proceeded to register us as guests. The hotel was pet friendly, but I opted to give Teresa my service dog documentation when Teresa, shuttered, crooked her neck, began to point at the door shouting to GET OUT. Slacked jawed, I turned to the door to see whom she was yelling out. As confusion settled in I, realized she WAS YELLING AT ME!! I stuttered , and stammered as I tried to articulate a question which basically was a simple WHY? She then told me that Sarasota, Fl ( a town about 40 miles away) didn't allow the Stafford Terrier, because just last year one of their housekeepers has been bitten by a dog that size. I told her that this dog was well trained, had been certified and in our household for about three years and was not in any way a threat to anyone. I then advised here that according to Federal law it was discriminatory to refuse us service based on a service dog. Teresa's halitosis cracked and spittle flew from her mouth as she told me to get the h*#@ out of there. I was dumbfounded. She then began to threaten me, referring to my grandchild as a cripple. Needless to say the police were called. I met with the Police at the Holiday Inn a few blocks away who are NOT pet friendly but welcomed my family and WELL TRAINED, CERTIFIED, SERVICE ANIMAL WITHOUT QUESTION. DAYS INN IF YOUR INTERESTED IN AVOIDING A SERIOUS INQUIRY RFEGARDING THIS MATTER. EDUCATE YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! This is a violation against the Americans with Disability act.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place like the plague
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa V
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Got the room around 530pm and around 11pm we had someone trying to come the door! Went to the window to look out and the other person yelled that they'd been given a room that was already took. Manager came banging on the door and didn't give us anytime to throw on any clothing. We don't open doors in pjs. Husband went to the office, and the manager started telling him we was in the wrong room. That we was listed in the computer as being in another room. Husband argued with him that that was the room the lady told him. Manager still said we was in the wrong room. On checking out this morning my husband asked again what that crap was about last night, and the reply he got was you was put in the system as the other room but given the keys to the room we was in. He was blaming us for him mistakingly renting one room twice! If we come back here to this town it will not be to this motel. I couldn't go to sleep till 2am because of what happened.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

No continental breaksfast just an expensive diner. language barrier. no english staff. bathtub faucet loose so first night we couldnt get hot water running with children in room. overall not a good 3 days

• Stayed May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed at this location every other year for the past seven years. The location is not bad, as there are shops across the street, restaurants nearby (Hungry Howie's Pizza is my favorite!) and a mall across the street. It is 15-20 minutes from the beaches. It's a decent place, not terrible, but definitely not great. If you are a baseball fan, and are coming down for Spring Training to watch the Pittsburgh Pirates or their opponents at McKechnie Field, then the price is definitely right for you! Be aware, there is no continental breakfast at this location. You do get a daily USA Today newspaper, and free coffee, and there's an internet computer inside the lobby area though. There is a breakfast diner on site though. I stay at the Wyndham Reward hotels (Days Inn, Microtel, Baymont Inn, etc) up to 30 days a year, so I know what to expect at these hotels. I was also advised by the staff that if you want the best prices, contact the hotel directly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family