“THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!”

Days Inn Bradenton - Near the Gulf
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
“THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Where first room they gave me was nasty, dirty, and smells terrible. We change to another one that was lets say "cleaner" and after I came from the beach I pulled out the bed sheets and there was a bug. If it was a bed bug or not I don't know. But it's not pleasant to see something like that on a hotel room. In top of that the hotel registration guy was very rude and nasty.... MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Limarispr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
South China, Maine, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Before I start this review, let me just say that the front desk graciously refunded our money. I booked 5 nights and prepaid to get a low rate before I checked the reviews. After reading terrible reviews, I called the hotel itself. They assured me that the hotel had undergone renovations and that it was a safe, clean hotel. I cannot vouch for any other rooms but we were booked in Rm 107. It was so dirty that after my daughter took a shower, (in a filthy bathtub) that just walking back to get into bed, her feet were black. The smell in the room was horrid as if they were trying to cover up something awful. One regret.....that we even stayed one night!! We were lucky to make it through one night. This place should be closed down!! We got our money back and headed to the nearest Starbucks, got a coffee and shed tears of relief. Sleeping in the car would have been better than what we had to deal with. Do not trust the front desk to tell you the truth. They obviously just want to sell rooms no matter what!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I booked this hotel through an Expedia associate who told me there was not more hotel rooms availabe around the area, which resulted to be the biggest lie. We booked 2 nights and stayed only one in this less than mediocre hotel. This place is not just old and beat up but is lacking hygiene in the entire building. The carpet is nasty, old, dirty, thread bare, and smells like mildew, which triggered my husband and kids's asthma. The toilet was broken and the bathtub has rusted parts that they tried to cover up with paint. The room was recently vacuumed and after a little while the musty smell was back. I was worried for my family health in this place. We only stayed because we arrived late and we were told there was not more rooms available in the area. The next day I checked out of this RATS' HOLE, but the hotel refused to give me a refund for the 2nd night even thought I told them I was leaving the place because of my family health issues. Don't stay here. Do not fall in the trap of booking this hotel without refund. That is their only way to book this mediocre place. They know this is not even worth $5. I will not stay here again not even for free. To top it all off, at night the place is full of prostitutes working the night. Days Inn should be ashamed of being associated with such a low place. This place is a shame!
I stayed the other night at La Quinta Inn on the same road in Sarasota with not complain at all.

Room Tip: Do not feel pressured to make a decision about booking a hotel without making further investigation.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I liked staying at this Motel very plesant staff and clean room

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
DaysInnBradenton, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Bradenton - Near the Gulf, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Thank you very much for response. We look forward to serve you soon with your hotel needs in Bradenton.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 23, 2012

They turned the water off unannounced while I was taking a shower. The phone in the room didn't work and what little water was in the room was never hot. The outlets were old and worn and you couldnt plug things in them without actually holding it in the wall. The mangment doesnt care about any of these and did nothingto make the situation right. Save yourself the headache and avoid this hotel. I can't imagine a worse experience. Listen to this review fellow traveler DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Leave this place immediately.All are garbage.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
DaysInnBradenton, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Bradenton - Near the Gulf, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Hi, I am very concerned about your recent stay with us looking at your comments. Could you please call at the hotel phone (941) 746-1141 or email me your concerns at daysinnbradenton@gmail.com so that we can look into the matter. Your response would be appreciated.
Miami
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This hotel is just awful. Check in was simple, and during the day seemed decent, but once nightfall hit it was a different story. There are hookers everywhere. This is the raunchiest hotel I've ever stayed at. We stayed one night because it was too late to leave and we had no choice. PLEASE PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jnice9283
Augusta
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is the worst hotel my family has ever stayed and will never stay here again. When I first checked in the refrigerator in the first room I was in was rusted and nasty. When we finally laid down to get some rest the air conditioner was so loud it kept us awake, so the next morning we changed rooms and it wasn't any better it actually got worse because it didnt not cool the room. After we checked out and I got home I broke out all on my arms and legs with bed bug bits so I called and advised them and of course they said that they checked the beds and there were no sight of bed bugs. WARNING STAY AWAY........unless you want bed bugs adn one other thing the pictures that are posted are not of this hotels room they are in a worse condition that the ones on here

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family