“Happy Hour...Happy Hour”
Review of Pier 22

Pier 22
Ranked #6 of 504 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pier 22 Restaurant, Patio and Ballroom. This sophisticated casual restaurant located on the Manatee River offers indoor and outdoor waterfront dining with an extensive menu ranging from sushi, fresh fish, choice steaks and wild game. Reservations are accepted for parties of 2-300. We offer multiple private dining rooms, The Ballroom, Patio or Terrace for planned special events.
“Happy Hour...Happy Hour”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

As the title says went for happy hour 5-7. 5 dollar menu rocks. The food is average but for $5 small plates and drink specials it just slides into the excellent category. To boot, the atmosphere and view is top notch. So.....go for happy hour

1 Thank Dinner-For-Too

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“Great food, mixed service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I arrived late in the evening for dinner alone, at about 8pm. No one greeted me at the door, so I walked up to the bar towards the patio, asked for a menu and said that I would be waiting at one of the tables on the patio. I waited for ten minutes but no one came to take an order. I was tempted to walk out, but, not feeling like walking to another place, I decided to return to the bar and just eat there where I knew I couldn't be ignored.

I'm glad that I decided to stay. The food was excellent. The menu has a great variety of things that you might not normally find in other restaurants; what I mean is that it is a unique menu. I had some plate featuring grilled chicken in a white wine artichoke sauce. While my service at first was poor, the bartender did an excellent job of ensuring that I had everything I needed and was incredibly friendly. I'm glad that I went there, and, despite a disappointing beginning, was ultimately glad that I stayed.

Visited February 2013
“If you have hours to kill perfect pic”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Ok great location and waterfront view. However every time food service and wait staff has been way to long and. If u want sushi be prepared for over hour wait. Even if u want cheeseburger going to be at least half hour. After 4 visits I can only say good thing about this place is the view

4 Thank Lauren1160
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great view and that's all”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visiting for a week and this is the first place we had made plans to eat at. The food is mediocre at best. Quality was average but less then what we had expected for a place that is fine dining. The waiter was friendly and knowledgable and even told us of other places we shouldn't miss while in town.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kmax M
Bradenton, Florida
“Waterfront Elegance”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pier 22 is located at the Twin Dolphin Marina (which is essentially Bradenton's 225 slip Municiple Marina) at the foot of Old Main Street (12th Street). The restaurant has had its ups and downs over the years but of late, under the careful hand of Chef and Manager Greg Campbell, it is definitely on the upswing.

The location is impeccable. The restaurant is at the end of a pier that juts out into the Manatee River, and the view is beautiful. Parking is plentiful.

The menu is varied and you can go expensive or modest, depending on your culinary desires and pocketbook. Seafood entrees are fresh and cooked to perfection. They range in price from $20 to $42. For landlubbers, there is a range of selections ranging in price from $20 to $33. All are well prepared and presented by an attentive staff.

Note that you do not have to spend a great deal of money to dine at Pier 22. Salads, snadwiches and burgers are available at dinner all in the $10 range. Just because the food is less expensive doesn't mean it isn't good. The offerings are all very appetizing and satisfying.

The lunch menu revolves around the $10 mark for most items. The food is nicely done. Recently at lunch I had boursin artichoke chicken ($13) which was delicious. My wife had the ahi tuna, which was sushi grade.

The restaurant can handle large parties, and the wait staff are professional, and friendly. I have attended numerous functions in the upstairs ballroom, and Greg Campbell's colleagues do a commendable job with large groups.

Happy Hour is 3-7 daily with reduced drink prices ($4 for a mojitio is very reasonable) and $5 appetizer selections.

In terms of Bradenton eateries, Pier 22 is at the head of the class. Add to the fact that you can come by boat or car, and have a very enjoyable time in an elegant atmosphere, adds to the value of this restaurant.

If you haven't tried Pier 22 yet, you owe it to yourself to sample this venue. If you do, you'll be back.

Visited February 2013