“Exceptional dinner and dining experience”
Review of Ortygia

Ortygia
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortygia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 511 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Ortygia Restaurant in our artsy 1920's vintage bungalow we offer a unique, culinary experience. Located just minutes from downtown Bradenton. We offer French/Sicilian cuisine in a small, intimate, indoor or outdoor setting. Where many venues offer an array of glitz and glitter, the attraction of Ortygia is its eclectic charm, unparalleled backdrop, the beauty of nature and an abiding sense of La Bella Vita! Add the ambiance of candles, torches, lights, music and laughter, Ortygia glows with its own brand of beauty that lures people back over and over again. Our distinctive and exceptional cuisine is just another reason so many individuals choose Ortygia to host their special events.
Bradenton, Florida
“Exceptional dinner and dining experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Ten friends and I celebrated my birthday by arranging for Gaetano's Ortygia 101 private cooking class. The cooking class was personal, educational and entertaining. Following the class Gaetano served the meal he demonstrated. The dinner was outstanding and the wine was excellent. Several of us had lived in Italy and Sicily and we all agreed that Gaetano's food preparation and flavors are authentic Sicilian with a French flair. The atmosphere takes you to an Italian family trattoria in the Village of the Arts. Ortygia is worth seeking out if you want a genuine Italian/Sicilian meal.

• Visited December 2013

Marietta, Georgia
“Favorite!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our favorite restaurant by far in Bradenton! Ortygia is a small restaurant located in a renovated house with a charming little courtyard. Guy's meal preparation and service are so personal that its like visiting an Italian family for a holiday dinner every time you go. The fish is always outstanding, and the side dishes are creative and delicious!

Visited November 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were looking forward to a fine meal. We had reservations at 8 and arrived on time and seated promptly. We ordered wine, soup, salad and an entree. 35 minutes later the waitress finally delivered the wine, apologizing for the wait. Ten minutes later we flagged her down and asked about the soup. She promised it would be right out. Nothing!! Meanwhile the chef was up jamming with the band which is fine but not until everyone one has been served. I wish I could critique the food but after being ignored for 10 more minutes we walked out.. The first time I've ever done that in a restaurant and the last time i will be here. Too bad

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Barbara Z
Sarasota, Florida
“Terrific. As good as it gets”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

you will be disappointed with those rare find a true job tucked away in bradenton worth the hunt to discover. GUY prepares every dish to order. Everything is so fresh.

West Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Who knew??? -Neil H.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am your typical red blooded american who loves meat and potatoes. Never been much of a fan of ethnic foods until I went to Ortygia's Restaurant. I asked the chef to suprise me since I wasnt familar with anything on the menu. Let me tell you.... I've never had anything, in my entire life, that had sooooo much flavor. He prepaired a stuffed pepper that I wasnt to sure about, but..... it was the most amazing thing i've ever tried. I look forward to expanding my new found love for Sicillian food.

• Visited October 2013