All reviews pool area the breakfast area staff was friendly the room was nice anna maria island stayed nights img academy parking lot front desk staff bed was comfortable convenient location would stay again easy access minute drive beaches racks poolside
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We stayed during the March Break, my husband and 9-year old daughter. We had a 1 bedroom suite, which was the perfect set-up for us. Our daughter had the pull-out sofa with her own flat screen TV and we had the bedroom with a king-size bed. There is a second sink in the hallway between the bedroom anbd living room, which was handy. There was a dresser in each room and a large closet to share.

Breakfast was similar every day but had enough variety that we only went elsewhere on one day, during our 6 night stay. There were eggs and either sausage or bacon;, a variety of breads, bagels, English muffins, and other muffins; juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk; cereals and yogurt; and fruit. On one or two days, there were also some yummy donuts!

The pool and small hot tub were great. The pool was cool, but so was the weather. There were plenty of lounges, chairs and a few tables at the pool.

Everything was very clean and well cared for. All the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming.

The location was very good for us. The Wal-Mart is a block away, Publix supermarket is next door. Bealls Outlet store is across the street. The mall is just a few miles away, which is also near another Bealls and the Burlington Coat Factory.

The gulf is just a few miles in the opposite direction. You can drive north or south. But if you drive south, plan to come back using an alternate route, as northbound along the beach, gets very slow. There's lot of sea shells to collect and a large park for the kids.

All in all, we loved this area and this hotel!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2010

Dear Judy and Doug,

I want to thank you so much for your kind comments regarding my hotel. It gives me great pleasure when I see these types of comments. With a lot of choices in Bradenton for people to stay at it is important that all my guest leave the Holiday Inn Express very satisfied and want to return to the hotel the next time their travel plans take them to Bradenton.

With your review it gives the consumer some insight to the Holiday Inn Express. I could not ask for a better review of the hotel.

Again Thank you!!

Reviewed April 1, 2010

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel. Though we booked it online for $100 a night and booked a suite we felt the room was not worth the price. Our suite consisted of a dorm size refrigerator!
The room (#144) was also ground floor by the pool and hot tub. All I can say is thank goodness the hotel had pool hours! because during the pool hours it was noisy.
The TV in the room had issues as I saw others complain about. The sliding glass door was secured by a nail hole and a nail...try using that day after day. What happened to a bar you put in the frame of the door for security? Also noticed that anyone can walk in the pool area having access to first level rooms because they can walk through a gait that is not secured.
The room was not terrible but our thoughts were it is "just a room" nothing to brag about. We did notice that the hot tub and pool was cleaned once with chemicals on our week stay and filthy most of the time with droppings from the trees.
The morning breakfast was always good...thank you lady! I don't know your name but watched you working hard to make the breakfast and keep it filled :).
The entire staff, including room service deserves an A+++. They were always friendly and willing to get what we asked for.
Overall this place was okay..and served our purpose but we most likely won't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express. First off thank you so much for recognizing my staff and the efforts that they put forth, I do appreciate it.

Second, thank you for the constructive review of the hotel. I appreciate the comments and will look at those issues stated to correct any matters that need correcting.

It is my goal that each and every one of my guest leave the hotel very satsified and will want to return to the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West on their next visit to the Bradenton area.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

I just checked in. Turned on the TV and you have maybe 15 channels? So I read the reviews and I see for the last year that people have been complaining about this for a long time. If I had read the reviews on this page, I would not have booked this place, as I think it is horribly overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Yes there are several comments regarding the programming that we get at the hotel.

We as a company are looking at upgrading the televisionsto the flat panel screens and the programming so that there is more of a selection in the very near future. With comments like this it does help the company understand what my guest are looking for at the Holiday Inn Express. I know that we have to stay competitive and that the traveling public want all the comforts of home when they are away from their homes.

So again, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I do appreciate it, and know that I am working on those upgrades for my guest.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Booked two rooms non-smoking and king beds. At check in we had smoking rooms that did not smell of smoke but the hall way to get to them was bad. Had two beds rather that one king in each room.'
Reported the hot tub as filthy and low water level to the front desk."I will take care of that"
The next morning as we were leaving a mom told her kids not to get in the hot tub that it was dirty.
Walls paper thin...heard loud people in the hall way several times during the night.
Business center one computer, exercise room four cardio machines.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment regarding the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton, I do appreciate it.

My apologies that we did not live up to your expectations. It is my goal and the goal of my staff that every guest leaves very satisfied. It is also my goal that when my guest check out, that their next trip to Bradenton, their first thought is to come back and stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Please feel free to contact me, if you would like to further discuss your stay with me. I can be reached at 941-795-4633, if I am not available you can always leave a voicemail and I will get back with you.

Again, my apologies that your stay was less than perfect.

sincerely,

Reviewed February 19, 2010

The lobby of this hotel is disgusting. The stench of tobacco smoke is palpable. A very large lobby unrelieved of any greenery, carpetting or any kind of visual attraction makes it somewhat like the anteroom to a post office.

Check-in was fast and fairly friendly, however we were given wrong directions to our room. There was no mention of breakfast being included so perhaps it was not, We did not investigate as we left quickly the following day.

The hotel corridors had clean carpets and were well lit., Beds were comfortable. The small bathroom contained the usual amenities as well as a leaking toilet which could have been annoying if the door had been left open,

The hotel is reasonably quiet although the noise of the occasional train which comes rumbling through is loud enough to wake a light sleeper.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple