“Surprised!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed July 14, 2013

First, I had the best extended hotel stay ever! The service was spot-on, the staff was so friendly (treated me like a person and not just a reservation) and could not have been more helpful with all requests I made; their efficiency rivals none I've experienced. The breakfast area offered a full-range of options, and the rooms (I stayed 3 different times, once on each floor) were spotless...always my first concern! Second, I'm shocked and surprised at the negative comments of other reviewers; I found none of that to be true. The location is about 30 minutes from anywhere you want to go in the Bradenton, Sarasota, Anna Maria Island, and Longboat Key areas, which is a plus if you want to see it all! I say, "Stay There!" You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Just tell them what your needs are so you nor they have to get frustrated!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was extremely surprised at this location as we are familiar with the Holiday Inn family of hotels. I am glad that I checked the room prior as we cancelled our stay and checked into the Hyatt Place. Was hoping since its closest to AMI it would be clean but it was fifthly and furniture was stained, carpets and furniture old and curtains. Everything was terrible - staff was nice but I would not recommend unless an entire renovation is completed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeaninekm
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies for creating such a poor impression upon your arrival. We at Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West take great pride in our property and the level of personalized service we provide to every guest. We work diligently every day to make sure that our guests are completely satisfied. We were very busy during that period. Perhaps that contributed to the issue. I hope that you reconsider and give us an opportunity to serve your hospitality needs in the future.

My sincere thanks for your feedback.

Bob Monica

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been here before on business and this time decided to try it over a holiday weekend. July 4th. Very crowded breakfast area, so much so that we decided to forgo the free breakfast there and went out to eat. I do not like to feel like i am competing for a meal with a bunch of people. The room was average for a HI Express. Cleaned each day in a timely manner and the staff was nice and professional. Not sure i would pick this same place again on next trip. I like the location as it is not too far from the beaches but maybe i would stay closer to Airport and drive a bit further or find a place nearer Bradenton Beach where the fun bars are located.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton West as your host for the July 4th celebration. Yes, you are of course correct in that our property was very busy during that period which can cause delays in service. You have my sincere apologies for the less than perfect experience.

I thank you for your patronage and hope that you elect to visit again at a less intense time so that we can show you our best stuff. I'm sure that you will be once again convinced that HI Express Bradenton West is the best hotel headquarters in the area.

Again, my apologies.

Bob Monica

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here and year ago and loved it. I decided to return this year to be closer to the West Coast beaches. Check in was a breeze. The front desk lady ( blonde with light eyes) was friendly and welcoming. I have to say that the hotel and my room was dingy this time around. The carpets need to be changed. A year ago they were just as stained and dirty but I over looked that because it was just in some of the hallway areas. The room had a slight musty smell but cranking up the AC and adding some Fabreze ( had some in the car :D ) really made it better. The bathroom had signs of mold growing, which needs to be addressed. The bed shirts were stained and so were the chairs. You really need to do something about the door locks. They make so much noise. My room was next to the "early birds" and wow, did that door slam loudly. The pool was less than clean. The water was beginning to look cloudy which is not a good sign. I skipped the pool and the "spa". The breakfast was nice. They served eggs, sausage, pancakes, asst. bagels and muffins, yogurt, juices, coffees, etc. The breakfast attendants very friendly and prompt at making sure there was always food for the guests. The ladies did well (short tanned lady and the tall fair lady)! Check out was also a breeze. I know this hotel can get it's act together when it comes to cleanliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angie S
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies for the less than perfect stay, that is not how we operate here. If you could please email me at rparadine@hibradenton.com and please let me know what room you were a guest in so we can make sure those items that you listed are immediately dealt with, I would greatly appreciate it.

I very much appreciate the comments and the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am working on trying to get the carpets in the hotel replaced. It is time, try to get them cleaned freaquently so they do not appear dingy as you stated.

Again, my apologies, I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Bradenton area, that you will give us another try so we can regain your trust in us.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Checked in for 2 nights after staying one disappointing night in a higher rated hotel in the area. The lobby was inviting and the staff was very friendly. They accommodated my room request and we were very please with the room. Very clean and well stocked. The hotel was at capacity due to a baseball tournament, which was the reason we were there. Yet the hotel did a great job of making sure the grounds stayed clean and quiet. No issues. The breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls, fruit, make your own pancakes. Pool area and hot tub were nice, tropical feel with well manicured plants. Overall, very pleased. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your review and your 4 star rating of the hotel. That is very much appreciated.

My staff works very hard and I feel we handle large groups very well, thus that is what we are used to doing at this location. I am glad you enjoyed my staff and our breakfast.

We truly appreciate the business and I hope that when your travels bring you to Bradenton the next time, that the Holiday Inn Express will be the first choice for a hotel to stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I do appreciate it.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall Hotel was perfect for a three night stay to see my Grandkids. We had a king suite so the pull out couch was just right for my little ones. Breakfast is included and is a very nice set up. They have staff present to replenish and keep it all clean. We have stayed at this hotel often in the last 3 years. Used the pool for the first time during this last visit. The pool was not as clean as I like which surprised me as the rest of this hotel is always clean. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff are always nice and helpful.

Room Tip: We really like the king suite due to refrig and micro as well as a separate room from bed area to en...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton, I truly appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and give us a great rating like that.

I am glad that the accomodations met your needs, that you enjoyed our breakfast. I am glad to hear that enjoyed my staff and that they were helpful during your stay. I pride myself on the staff that I have here, they do a great job for me.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor, we look forward to your return visit.

General Manager.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I think this was a good value for the price we paid. We stayed 1 night and found the staff to be very accommodating. We had a king room with direct pool access (room 114). The breakfast was great. We found no issues with the room. Of course you will find things that can be fixed, but once again, for the price everything was good. I would recommend for a 1 night stay while traveling.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 4 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton. I do appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here.

I was happy to hear that my staff gave good service, something I pride myself on is my staff, they do an excellent job!!

We look forward to your future visit to the hotel, the next time you are in the Bradenton area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

Randy Paradine

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
#2 of 15 in Holmes Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West? Share your experiences!