All reviewspool areathe breakfast areastaff was friendlythe room was nicemorning breakfastanna maria islandstayed nightsimg academypleasant stayparking lotspring trainingfront desk staffbed was comfortableconvenient locationwould stay againeasy accessminute drive
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is located right next to Publix which is convent for water, wine etc... It is also a short ride to the beach.

Our room was nice, clean and large with a mini fridge and doors to the pool area. We were very excited to have a hot, but it was broken for our entire stay (6 days).

Staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel and area around it felt safe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I appreciate the comments and the review.

My apologies for having the spa down during your stay with us. The heating element did go out on the spa. Happy to report though it has been repaired and all is fixed and working again.

I do hope that the next time you are in the Bradenton area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at while in the Bradenton area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I do appreciate it.

Happy New Year,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are Priority Club members and we used our points to stay at this hotel in December for 2 nights and we could not be happier that we chose this hotel! We had a first floor room poolside which was well appointed with a refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable. Never used the pool though because there was a large group of teenage schoolchildren who were also staying at the hotel at the time so the pool was very loud and crowded. We traveled to the beach both days. Bradenton Beach and Anna Maria Island are beautiful and just a short drive away. We found the breakfasts to be great and the hostesses in the breakfast area were very friendly and helpful with suggestions for fun! We will definitely choose this hotel again if we are lucky enough to be in the area again! Thank you!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express. I very much appreciate the kind comments that you wrote, and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to a return visit.

I also appreciate the fact that you used your points to stay with us. My staff does a great job in assisting our guest with things to do and places to eat and visit.

Again, thank you for staying with us and writing a review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I do appreciate it.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed here almost 5 yrs. on bus. and employees like Jade & Paul make it welcoming. I felt bad on this last trip for the emp.,unable to really do anything due to noisy unruly adults and kids from IMG sports,shame on them.
I was on the 3 flr front and could hear the noise, until very late.
What takes precedence here, the people who "rule the roost' because they have an account? Many guests were needlessly disturbed due to an "account" and employees couldn't do a thing.
Management needs to think long and hard on this and do something.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton. My apologies that you were unable to relax and be yourself when you were a guest here at the hotel and experienced the disruptions from the other people staying in the hotel.

I appreciate the fact that you have been coming to the hotel for a long period of time now and see the familiar faces behind the desk.

I hope this past experience does not keep you away. We all appreciate you coming to the hotel and staying with us, I know there are many choices in Bradenton to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and stay with us.

Sincerley,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here three nights in late December 2012 while playing tennis nearby at IMG Academy. Found the hotel conveniently close to IMG, strip-mall shopping, and mostly chain restaurants.

Strengths: Above-average "complimentary" breakfasts including whole fruits, yogurts, and whole-wheat bagels. Strong, hot shower. Responsive maintenance (HVAC unit). Bathroom gratefully included an exhaust fan. Ample free parking.

Weaknesses: Repeatedly endured loud banging noises during the night that seemed to emanate from the hotel's roof. Upon hearing about the noise when checking me out, management merely shrugged. Dark, dreary hallways; brightening the lighting and cleaning the carpeting would transform the hallways at reasonable cost. Small TV screen by today's standards. Room walls could've used more artwork. "Business Center" consisted of one computer and printer so visibly prominent in the hotel's lobby that it attracted primarily Internet surfers having too much time on their hands.

Overall: Adequately served this particular trip's needs, and conveniently located.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing busy Cortez Avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton regarding your stay with the hotel. I appreciate the comments and the review.

I will use yoru comments as training purposes for my staff, so they better know how to respond to guest comments. As for the carpeting in the hallways, that will be replaced this year so that will give a better picture of the hotel.

I hope that if and when your travels bring you back to Bradenton, that the Holiday Inn Express will be your first choice of a place to stay at while in Bradenton.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel from your stay with us, I do appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at this property while on business at a local college in Sarasota based upon earlier reviews, though big name properties were closer to the college. I was not disappointed, especially after listening to colleagues who did stay closer - and was glad to drive a little further for a better experience. I must give credit to Jade who checked me in and represented the company so well. She was pleasant, patient, and knowledgeable. The king bed room on the third floor was clean, quiet, and well appointed. The courtyard is lovely. The only negatives that I noticed were limited parking, and limited healthy breakfast fare. There was the typical southern foods- gravy, biscuit, eggs, meat and fruit. It would have been great to have real oatmeal rather than instant. Hard to find enough for a healthy breakfast. However, I still give them 5 stars because they made the stay so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room facing the lovely courtyard rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
rparadine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bradenton. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and my staff. Thank you very much for mentioning Jade in your review.

I appreciate your comments and glad you took the time to write the review regarding my hotel. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Bradenton area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, Thank you,