“Not very happy”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed September 29, 2007

When we arrived at the hotel, the pool was closed. Since I was travelling with my 9 year old nephew, I was concerned. The man working at the front desk was very rude & acted like a jerk when I questioned when the pool would be open again. I later went down to ask him about laundry facilities and he gave me horrible directions and again acted like I was bothering him. Our suite had horribly stained carpet that needed to be replaced and the shower curtain was moldy. Also, the lighting was really poor in the bathroom. Otherwise, the air worked good, and the room seemed to be clean. The breakfast area was nice and they had a good variety of foods.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank wdwfan70

Reviewed August 21, 2007

The staff at this hotel is so much improved than before, the place is looking better every time i stay...dont listen to the older reviews it was a different hotel then i would tell anyone about this secret gem and recommend it to everyone traveling to the area

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank roadwarriorathie
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We pulled into the Holiday Inn Express at 9pm at night and left at 9am the next day, I was glad it was a fast experience. Our non smoking room on the 3rd floor smelled from cigarette smoke each time the noisy air conditioner went on I could barely sleep. I believe it was a smoking room at some time not too long ago as the air condition stunk up the room. The filter in the unit needs to be changed. The rooms were very dark, I think the lightbulbs were 25 watts, what are they hiding??? Not the candy wrapper that was near the night stand, I found that. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice, but the smelly smoke really turned me off.
I was glad to get to our next hotel the Doubletree Guest Suites in Naples, it was a far better quality hotel and for less money. Next time I will bypass a Hitlon Express and look for a Doubletree.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ThatsAGiven
Reviewed June 11, 2007

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bradenton and based on the positive reviews on this site (and others) I had high expectations which now seem a little on the unrealistic side. The rooms were standard, the customer service wasn't exactly up to par, the pool was filthy and conveniently on Sunday evening a notice went up indicating that the pool would not be available starting Monday, which leads me to believe they probably weren't even bothering to maintain it. The breakfast was enjoyable. All in all the hotel was decent for the price and perfectly situated nears restaurants and the beach.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine_M_Pagan
Reviewed May 17, 2007

Stayed at the Holiday inn bradenton for 4 days in May, we had a lovely time the staff were very helpful, friendly and polite. The hotel is near to shops and restuarants, and only a short drive to the beach, breakfast was included and that too was very nice over all we had a great time here and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank nicolaLondonUK
Reviewed April 3, 2007

One of the most friendly hotels we have ever stayed at. The staff was great. Nice room. Convenient location. Nice price. Did I mention nice people?

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Stayed: January 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
#1 of 15 in Holmes Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West? Share your experiences!